What is the weirdest hero name pronunciation youve heard people say?

I lived 15 years in Los Angeles and I still cringe on every mispronunciation of any geographical point in the area by outsiders. I think it became reflexive if I heard any spanish word abused so, to ‘politely’ correct their error. :smiley:

Bridjet is probably the most common but for me it is funny when ppl say Jakal for junkrat or fatale for widomaker since they are renamed to that in some languages.

Plus, just because it’s a Spanish word, doesn’t mean there’s one true pronunciation. Depending on where you’re from and/or what kind of Spanish you learned or picked up can change the pronunciation a bit.

My family is part Peruvian, so the Spanish they know can sound different than the Spanish in Mexico or Colombia. I don’t actually know what ethnicity the voice actress for Sombra is, but as a rule of thumb for the “white” pronunciation of Sombra’s name, I go with the basic vowel sounds in “Sohmbra”.

1 Like

I forgot the name of Paladins new champion and I called him “Genji” lol , I have seen how many people struggle with Brigitte pronounciation , many says “She torb” “baguette”

1 Like

who is “bagel?” I’m so confused…

Brigeta, what does the scouter say about his power level?

I had some guy in a game constantly call torbjorn toe-ring. Still don’t know why but it was a bit of a giggle.

1 Like

Just like with every dialect, there will be differences in the way a word us used, spoken, etc.

Colombian native.

I chose the pronunciation I learned from standard Mexican Spanish, which is probably the best option since lore states Mexico is Sombra’s native country.

Some people pronounce Mei as mee

I’ve heard Brigitte pronounced SO many ways, but my favorite is definitely Breejay. I still don’t know how that guy got that one.

that’s how sombra is supposed to be pronounced

Bridgette aka the BAGEL!

1 Like

Mei - May, Mai, Mia…