What is the point of PTR?

Hence why she’s keeping all of those while removing unreasonable extra damage where was not needed

2 Likes

Nothing grinds my gears more than this argument, you honestly believe everyone was playing D.Va because of her compelling gameplay and because there’s only six tanks? Why aren’t people playing those other tanks then? They have 6 to choose from?

You don’t think being good at EVERYTHING isn’t a problem?

You don’t think having mobility like that and being good at EVERYTHING isn’t a bad idea?

She’s so compelling because she’s overpowered, plain and simple. She is better than every other tank in almost every situation.

That’s why she’s picked more than the other tanks, because she’s better than them. And the solution isn’t to buff every tank to D.Va levels.

3 Likes

Comical list.

if there are 6 tanks, it ‘should’ be balanced between them.

She’s not a jack of all trades, shes the highest damage outside of hog, and can delete a squishy while blocking damage.

She is one of 2 tanks with the mobility and yes the maps favour mobility, so its questionably why her dmage has been so high.

‘Compelling gameplay’ lol no.

1 Like

What’s wrong with the Public Teaser Region?

Did you mistake PTR for Public Testing Region?

Sorry, easy misconception. It is just to let us know what is coming. A lot of players don’t realize the “Live” servers are the actual testing servers.

Now you know :smiley:

1 Like

Glad I was able to upset you cause you. I am sure you get frustrated a lot and don’t think straight A’s is proof by your argument.

Apparently the change was on the PTR. Just, nobody noticed it. People don’t do real testing on the PTR anyway. It’s mostly for bug hunting.

As for the nerf itself, let’s try it and let the dust settle a bit. I’m a D.Va main myself, but this time was just number tweaking and not huge changes like the last two times. I think it will be fine.

3 Likes

I love this statement " she has the most damage out side of X" if you allow exceptions into a statement you can make everything true.

Watch this. D.va is the worst tank outside of zarya, rein, hog, Orisa, and Winston. OMG that statement is true so D.va is the worst tank right?

She has the most damage potential, especially in bursts (pre nerf) outside of Hog, among the tanks. Is that a false statement?

Hog has a lot of mobility though, and his utility matches Defense Matrix, and he for sure has Synergy with the other Mobility heros, so its all good, right?

1 Like

You obviously don’t understand the point I was making so I am done with you.

No, everybody understood your point, it’s not that dificult. We just disagree with it.

4 Likes

She’s still got some of the best burst damage in the game even with these nerfs lmfao.

I’m sorry dude…you listed 2 reasons as to why she’s the best tank in the game…

I too think D.Va is overtuned. It’s mostly because everything she adds up to makes her busted. Blizzard was indecisive…so now she’s stuck with everything she’s ever had making her super strong.

I don’t want her in a garbage can…but I do want her to be toned back.

2 Likes

Firstly, public opinion isn’t what balace is done around, it’s at most one of many concerns. Secondly, it’s at least much more relevant than somebody’s personal preferences. And lastly, it’s such a minor nerf, what’s to be so upset about?

1 Like

These were actually on the ptr- early on in fact.

They just forgot to add it to the patch notes, and no one noticed because it was such a small tweak anyways.

People have been complaining about dva since before the owl-

But even if they HADNT, that’s not a solid leg to stand on in and if itself.

Quite often casual players see pros doing things or utilizing particular tactics that they were unaware of before- and things can and often do, trickle down into the general player base.

This last part catches my eye.

“One of the most played characters in the game”

Players as a whole have far less loyalty to a hero than most seem to be under the impression.

Players are happy to use whatever the easiest and strongest hero’s are

This is true for overwatch

And basically every other game ever. “Fun” is subjective- but for plenty is weighed heavily against how good you’re doing.

Dva is dominating nearly every tier of play- and has for a long time. She’s very arguably over tuned, and demonstrates it quite convincingly.

I’m sorry dva is being dialed back. But she’ll still be quite strong in her role after these adjustments.

2 Likes

Seriously though…I find the most loyal mains are Mercy mains (I dunno how they do it…), Doomfist main (YOU ALREADY KNOW!), and Symmetra mains…oddly enough.

1 Like

ptr is mostly for bug testing…

PTR actually stands for “Player Tears Region”

2 Likes

Yep ,this is exactly why things go through PTR ,but I guess they thought there wouldn’t be any bugs with sombra.

Imo the nerf didn’t change her that much and it’s justified. Last time I played comp in kings row: last point defense I switched to her and did really really well with her even if I didn’t specialize or know her playstyle that much. If I can do that well on character that I don’t play as often I’d say she’s pretty strong.
If you like playing d.va for her playstyle and play her well this nerf would mean nothing to you.

Top picked does not = top healer. She is played alot because

• there are only 6 healers to choose from.
  • She is a jack of all trades so fits in many comps.
  • only 2 main healers in game have any mobility and in this game mobility is king

Not gonna include the last point because that’s a matter of opinion as others find different things compelling.

And BOOM! Mercy was always balanced after her rework and the nerfs weren’t justified

1 Like