What is the gwishin?

Honestly… is it a God AI, Alien, Big Mech or Mei?

The answer is always mei.

1 Like

Seriously… It’s just seems to be a name.

Is it an organization gone wrong?

Is it Borg?

Is it what’s leftover of Geoff Hair taken form…

No real info has been provided so I have to just guess.

It’s a giant omnic with like little omnics fighting for it, at least, that’s my theory.

Apparently, it is something (and I use this word on purpose), that can build omnics, even pretty big ones, and that is itself either an AI or an omnic. However, it is very likely to use other machines to build, as it seems to have relatively big industrial power.

1 Like

Isn’t the Giant Omnic destroyed though after attacking D. Va’s Team?

New ones replace etc…

Not entirely. It goes away after being hit, then comes back, improved.
Edit : forgot to mention, that happens every time

So what… is it like the Cluster from Steven Universe.

Idk, never seen that. Anyone can help me ?

It’s what you get when a chicken and a potatoe love each other very, very much… wait, those are chicken fries at Burger King… sorry :slight_smile:

I just figured everyone else knew what Gwishin was…

Have you ever seen the movie 9? If its kind of like an omnic building other omnics its similar to that!

Basically thinking a bunch of dead omnics, formed together,

Yes, even though I don’t remember it.
I remember I watched it when I was very young and got scared
Dude, you’re bringing back such old memories, that’s unexpected :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seriously, is it all the trashed Bastions unit dumped into the ocean, reformed?

Could explain.

I believe Michael Chu likened it to a mobile Omnium once before, which would support the whole, ‘it builds other Omnics to do its fighting’ THAT thing apparently rises from the ocean once per year before being driven back underwater by MEKA. I assume the Omnics we saw in the short are what it uses to attack in between its own attacks

1 Like

So it’s basically living proof that the Omnic crisis was never “finished”.

My understanding is gwishin means ghost. I’ve also heard the term Kishin which means like ogre God. I’m not clear if they are the same thing or if Kishin is just something people misheard.

If they aren’t the same thing, maybe the Kishin is the big Omnic and the Gwishin are smaller ones. If they are the same thing then perhaps ghost just refers to the hit and run tactics they use.

Regardless, these omnics come from the ocean and specifically terrorize Korea for some reason.

it is kishin, not gwishin

Michael Chu said it is Gwishin (at least for the ones in the short).

Chu said it’s Gwishin. It’s understandable where the confusion came from though, cause in the short it’s pronounced like a hard K

1 Like