What is mercy heal about?

what kind of thing does mercy beam heal you with ? is it spirit or magic or what ?

like we all know what other healers heals you with
lucio with song
moira with chemical stuff
zen with his egg yolk
brig with drink
ana with vaccine
bap same as ana but in a molotov cocktail
mercy ???

It’s nanobot technology that she invented it’s literally in her lore page lol

Bap and Ana (and assumedly Moira) all use the same technology. Zen and Lucio don’t actually heal in lore.

18 Likes

If you want to be serious it’s nano bots I believe. Mercy invented them and basically every other healer stole her idea’s. I think she has a line some where about being angry Ana uses her tech to do harm when she designed it to heal people.

7 Likes

i try not to dwell on it too much. WoW has the luxury of “MAGIC” and “FAITH” to explain their healers but overwatch struggles with the SCIENCE of it

guess its just SPACE MAGIC!

bro imagine having a heart attack with lucio around. “Is anyone here a doctor?”
“no but my music heals”
“its not helping”
“it will! its not amped its on cooldown for 8 more seconds”

9 Likes

This:

2 Likes

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic”

6 Likes

nanobiotic technology, ana uses it too.

though it even says it in a, probably now rare dialogue of mercy and ana

Mercy: “Ana. I don’t approve of what you’ve done with my biotic technology.”

Ana: “I’m sorry you feel that way, but it suits my purposes now.”

2 Likes

metal gear lore was crazy too. hehe i remember that vampire villian in metal gear 2 sons of liberty. after kind of being confused with metal gear solid lore and seeing that i just gave up and thought yep… video games. didnt play the metal gears after since i thought it was all silly

zen heals with spiritual magic

Yeah we never got a real explanation for Zen’s Magic or Genji/Hanzo’s Dragons. Is there magic in the universe of Overwatch and nobody knows about it? Or is it just “holotech”

that would be a good explanation. kind of like mass effect omni blades how they are some sort of 3d printing hologram or something

I don’t think I’ve heard this line in, like, at least a year… When someone else brought up that line, I was thinking, “it used to be a set up dialogue, but it seems to be removed at this point.”

I always get the “repair your eye” interaction most times.

1 Like

Moira uses biochemicicals from her genetic research to heal. Seeing as bap was from talon. He probably has the same healing as moira.

Ana weaponised mercys nano bot technology when mercy told her not to

Brig litterally “repairs” for her healing

Zen in the lore also heals. Hes a monk for 1 and for 2. Mercy states that she doesnt understand how zen heals. But she acknowledges that he does.

Lucio is a freedom fighter. In the lore. He lifts peoples spirits through his music. He is the head of a international movement. His healing is kinda of “musical enlightenment”

6 Likes

yeah same, i only heard it like 3-5 times total in my entire life time

1 Like

It used to play a bunch years ago. It seemed to be a 50/50 with the other interaction, but I honestly think it has been removed or is bugged and doesn’t work anymore.

1 Like

No, he doesn’t. The Devs confirmed it is an in-game function only

It’s an in-game representation of his calming prescence/guidance/etc. just like Orb of Discord is the opposite. He can’t actually heal in lore

1. The Devs confirmed Orb of Harmony/Discord are purely in-game mechanics and not real abilities in lore
  1. There are lots of in-game voice interactions that aren’t actually “canon”

Lifting people’s spirits isn’t healing lol. Just like Zen, his in-game heal ability represents how he helps people in lore, but he doesn’t actually heal people in said lore.

Moira, Baptiste, Mercy and Ana are the only supports who actually utilize healing technology/healing in the lore.

6 Likes

He’s not a vampire, he’s just bisexual. Snake tells you that.

Anyways Vamp had a love affair with angsty bullet deflector woman’s Dad (who was a general) and then had a love affair with the Dad’s daughter (her). Naomi ‘cheats’ on otacon with Vamp too I think. Omg, everyone in that game has a toxic relationship with each other now that you mention it.

what lol… guess i never caught all that in the game. maybe thats for the better

read vamp’s lore and whole story on metal gear wiki.

h ttps://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Vamp

hideo kojima had a huge imagination. although he is very eccentric people call him a genius and love his games, i just played metal gear 1 and 2, thought about that new game death stranding and may give it a go someday if it drops in price (christmas sale or something)

1 Like

Ask the church,therapists,psychiatrists. Etc. Lifting someones spirits and mental healing through music are both valid ways to help your mental. I would say hes healing.

I can understand the zen situation tho.

But i could argue that brig repairing armor is a form of healing. In lore Shes quit litterally reins pocket

3 Likes