What is going on

They just reset MMR so that GM DPS players would stop complaining about the queue times.

5 Likes

I was wondering why I was facing high Diamond and Master players and former Top 500s in my support placements, yet placed GOLD… when I ended the beta at over 2600 on support…

whacked system is whacked

2 Likes

I am a Master player and I got placed on facking GOLD.

1 Like

Smurfing on my bronze and got t300 lmao

2 Likes

Same. I’m not grinding back up from gold. Bye everyone!

BTW - I’d be fine with them resetting MMR, but you have to WARN PEOPLE ABOUT IT

2 Likes

LMAO! I quit overwatch but now i want to play again just to see this. I like watching things burn :smiley:

3 Likes

I hit masters on all 3 roles in the beta. pre role queue had hit masters playing exclusively dps on my other account. Hit 3900 playing only tank on this account. and i just placed 2200 on dps. Looool. Think how many noobs ill have to stomp to make it back to masters after everything levels out. Im currious if was a bug

2 Likes

They are trying to fix it right now.

You need to look at your own gameplay and improve.

1 Like

The system saw your performance and did an accurate placement based on your gameplay .

2 Likes

You’re on something pal. I climbed from silver to gm on over 5 accounts.

Let me guess those account where new , Its easy to rank up with a new account becuase you are given a better match making .

1 Like

I used my dad’s account once (I’m 16). It was level 500, and I had played comp on it originally and it was 1600 rating from when I was maining Mercy my first time playing competitive. I played two seasons, dropped from 2200 (where I placed) to 1600.

Then I went on to buy my own Overwatch account, I played Genji while I was leveling to 25 and realized I wanted to main him. ~150 hours of climbing later, I hit diamond. I hit my plateau and I’d heard people say I should use an alt account to practice new heroes. So, I used my dad’s account, placed 1700, climbed to diamond. 75 hours played on my main account later, I hit masters. New plateau, diamond games felt super easy. Climbed my dad’s account to masters.

Maybe it’s time you started accepting some flaws in your gameplay, rather than projecting them out on literally everything else possible. Even if the matchmaker “sucks”, we are all working in the same one, you’ve got no excuse.

it was a bug, they fixed it

! thing you missed out is that you played in a group with someone & you dad account might be new with good mmr ratinng (you Dad dont play that much). My alt account (this one ) is in Diamond , but i use it to practice or if i get warnings on my main account .

He’s probably just taking credit for his dad’s hard work.

1 Like

My dad doesn’t play comp, the man is 40 years old. It’s level 500.

He can’t stand Overwatch anymore.

1 Like

That explains a lot.

1 Like

i dont lie about it . The only way to understand is to play gold Mr “im high tier”