What is going on with the game?

But my point still stands.
Should “low-skill heroes” (note that this term should be clearly explained since it doesn’t mean anything special. Skill can mean a lot of different things) be less rewarding than “high-skill heroes” because… they are “low-skill heroes” ?

Won’t upvote as disagree with a few of what yo said, but you hit the mark on a few.
Notably that this event is terrible, nothing new, skins are bad.
Disability options are no where to be seen.
Way too much new CC, even heavy CC users like Mei/Sombra/Ana becoming more relevent(I like them, but damn is CC cancer)
Lack of animations and shorts/new lore.
Constantly failing reworks.

To add to it, that they removed auto lock onto symmetra, making it so disabled people that fell in love with her can’t play her anymore. 10/10 rework.

3 Likes

Can I just say, this is by far one of the laziest “fixes” I’ve ever seen in my life. I don’t know what’s been going on in Blizzard land, but this game’s development has taken a serious downturn in general recently. And on top of poor development, the game is suddenly getting micro-transactions on top of being a full priced AAA game with lootboxes. $30 Lucio emotes, $30 for two exclusive skins, etc. Ridiculous.

2 Likes

You know, more often than not I take Blizzard’s side when it comes to the forums. OP however has hit the nail on the head with this post. 100% agree with you, gdaka.

Extremely well spoken, plenty of links to back up your claims and most of all, you make it clear that you truly do love the game and want to see it improved upon.

1 Like

I don’t care about lore.

I call it Summer Lames because

1. it sucks
  2. Boring

People who are deaf don’t play games lots. Harder to make games easier for deaf player. Almost never in games with deaf players. Colorblind mode I don’t know.

People always ask if I liked the changes and I’d say “No, they’re gonna suck”

I barely get in with Hanzos now. Hanzo one trick friend quit when Hanzo changes came.

Only reason I play Sombra is animated shorts.

Thiiiis. I spent months playing her and was good at her then changes.

Hello CC : )

I suck at Brigitte

He’s as buggy (or almost as buggy) as Sombra.

sooo stupid

OWL isn’t good anyway. I don’t watch it.

Again, stuupid.

Whats that supposed to mean?

I hate balance team. It sucks

Yep it is ridiculous.

Honestly what is happening? What are they DOING all day?

1 Like

You forgot to mention the unnecessary nerfs that come in tandem with the overly powerful buffs.

Friends. 20 characters.

It seems like Jeff has gone into hiding as well. He hasn’t posted on here in a month and there haven’t been any meaningful dev updates in months either. Where did the head of overwatch go? It feels like the game is not being run by him anymore.

1 Like

OP clearly loves the game and has dedicated countless hours to playing the game, and to chronicling these issues. Through his criticism, he’s doing far more good for the game than even Blizzard is right now.

Yet diehard fans think that any sort of criticism of Blizzard/Overwatch constitutes some sort of whining/freeloading/greed/betrayal. They rather just love everything, and commit no effort toward seeing what they love taken good care of. Children.

1 Like

Title got edited. A mod saw this post, took out “Blizzard” and didn’t respond.

Hilarious.

9 Likes

Yes. Yes to everything stated in this post. Yes yes yes

1 Like

Glad to see people are finally realizing Blizzard is putting the bare minimum of effort into the game.

As long as they release a new hero every couple months to keep players’ interest and some skins every event, people will mindlessly buy lootboxes and they’ll be making all the $$$ they want, so why bother with anything else? This is nothing new by the way, but they’ve only gotten bolder and more shameless about it as time’s went, and it seems people are finally catching up.

The jig is up Blizz, time to actually put some work into the game.

2 Likes

The game existing is the work. What the heck do people want, an entirely new game on top of it?

I like more the old tittle.

Plz add to the list,

• the 0 specific balance on console. (Pharah/pharahmercy is the top one dps pickrate on ps4 gm).

• The infinity smurf accs on ps4.

• And the big problem to hear the enemy steeps…

1 Like

Consider yourself lucky they edited the title without responding. People have gotten threads outright locked for less. Personally I would take it as a sign that the mods agree with you LOL

1 Like

I 110% agree.
I bought the game back in July I think of 2016, and within less than a year was a silver portrait. I bought the game again in October of last year because I felt uncomfortable being so high leveled I guess, and I’m not even level 200 yet due to how little I’ve played the game.
Overwatch needs SOMETHING. This constant “buff/nerf/rework everything” philosophy is ridiculous. Endorsements were made a thing, but for what? You don’t get anything for getting them. There’s no point.
I was into the OWL hype for a while but I think it honestly became the worst decision the developers could have made. They care now more about OWL than the actual game itself.
Idk, I’m not very good at explaining things accurately to how I feel, all I know is Overwatch is a game that I enjoy, and to see it treated this way is… unfortunate. I don’t want to stop playing this game. It’s fun. I love the characters.

I’ve also noticed a trend of people taking the game way too seriously when the point of a video game is to have fun
I get that people like winning but at the end of the day there’s really not that big of a point in winning. Have fun. Enjoy yourselves. Relax and play the game.

2 Likes

I feel that more damage would be done to the community if this thread was deleted now. It’s garnered too much attention to just be casually deleted - but if I’m wrong, it speaks volumes of how much the team actually cares about us.

3 Likes

What “lore” has it been getting? That rocket/crack-in-the-sky thing? (Hint: that’s not lore.) Or have the skins been getting background story or something?

I’m sure there’d be more representation if, you know, investors from outside the US paid the entry fee. Otherwise, it seems the largest ones are coming from people within the US and hence why we have the largest representation. Not to mention they play in Los Angeles, so the time at which matches air is typically going to be disadvantageous to non-US people.

I visit the subreddit far more than I ever do these forums. There’s hardly as much a decline as you make it out to be. We still have a plethora of crap POTGs on a daily basis. If anything, it gets just as busy, if not more, when a new hero is out or leaks/info on new skins as well (like the discovery of this year’s Halloween skins names and subsequent guessing of which heroes will get which skin).

The game has things to work out, but it’s not nearly as bad/rough as you make it out to be.

Well if Blizz is busy editing the title, the least they can do is follow up with a response. This is an important thread.

3 Likes