What is going on? tl:dr at end

lets just be clear, I’m not hating on blizzard or team 4 (overwatch team) but it seems that all they cared about was the overwatch league.

the last cinematic was reinhardts “honor and glory” November 3 2017 at blizzcon.

last bit of lore aside from cinematics (which it seems that they are only backstory) was the “Searching” comic which came out Sept 27 2017

they have no advertising for the world cup that starts tomorrow (Thursday august 9th 2018)

No advertising for tier 2 and 3 pro scene

a crap schedule for patches, both for the casual and pro scenes

Blizzard still hasn’t given us a reason for the rein ult rework.

The all the events (except the archives event) Recycle the same content

Blizzard leaked all the legendary skins days before the event

The skins arent “must haves”

TL:DR
-No lore since November
-Poor Scheduling for patches
-Absolutely no advertising for World Cup, Tier 2 and 3 contenders
-Recycled event content with lackluster skins
-no intensive to come back to the game
-Dodgy reworks (rein ult) with no explination

So again i ask: What is blizzard doing and why haven’t they told us anything?

We’re getting a cinematic in less than a week.

I guess retribution doesn’t exist anymore.

there is no current lore, retribution is just like the cinematics, backstory, and all the events except lucio have a comic to go with it.

??? lore is backstory… what are you on about?

I feel like people just want to be upset about things.

So I’m going to be upset about the color green from now on. And guavas, I just don’t get them.

even if you count retribution (even though it was to tell the story of the event)

there still hasnt been any lore since april 4th. thats 5 months.

I have no idea. I would not mind a developer update as they literally have about a dozen subjects that could be addressed. They would not be able to fit everything in, but, well, any update is a good update, I guess. They have not responded much here either. Probably because they were waiting for someone to make a post about Rialto so that they could share what they have been working on… Ha ha ha… It would be funny if it were not so sad.

Where is this confirmed? O: I haven’t heard this before.

Not confirmed, but they always have one at Gamescon, which is next week.