🎥 There WILL Be a New Cinematic Released Sometime Next Week

This is based purely off of previous releases for Cinematic videos.

Starting in 2016, Blizz has released a cinematic short on two days out of the year. One for Gamescon in August, and one for Blizzcon in November.

Based of this logic, we can probably guess that there will be a new Overwatch Cinematic short released sometime next week during the 2018 Gamescon, which runs from August 21 to August 25th.

Given that the Blizz typically has their OW portion at the beginning of Gamescon, we will probably see the cinematic released on TUESDAY, AUGUST 21. Or possible the 22nd, that Wednesday.

The next time we’ll see a Blizz cinematic will be at 2018 Blizzcon in November.

That’s just my guess. I’m hoping for a D.va cinematic.

And there WILL be one…Right, Blizz?

Edit:
Gottem. I was almost right on the day too.

33 Likes

Blizzard? Releasing more LORE?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

106 Likes

Yes. Now let us hope that it will be about Reaper, the most important and mysterious character in the game, and not about the meaningless backstory of some tertiary character like Zenyatta or Torbjorn.

12 Likes

Maybe we can FINALLY get the full story of what happened at the swiss HQ that left reaper like that, I’d like to see the fight, if Mccree and Genji were involved (Moira was no longer in Blackwatch at the time) and how it all went down.

15 Likes

I was hoping that we would have those questions answered last year… But they decided to develop a fraction of Mei’s backstory (Mei being a tertiary character with no important role in the overall storyline) instead.

1 Like

Basically any original overwatch member is primary, any other character is tertiary.

Reaper needs to have his lore explained, what experiments moira put him under, the swiss base, and his slow driving into insanity.

Plus Winston’s message probably wasn’t even for mei in the first place, could have been for the other scientists.

3 Likes

Hey the Mei Cinematic was cool.

But yea, I kinda wish we got something covering the Old Overwatch with Morrison and Amari, etc.

8 Likes

It might have been emotional, but as Genji mentioned, Mei was a secondary character at best.

Lore is scarce. The writers need to focus on the primary characters of Overwatch, those who wrote history, not the “new generation” like Mei, D.Va or Brigitte.

If only they had released the graphic novel “First Strike” back in November 2016… Then all the questions about Reaper’ dark past would have been answered…

2 Likes

https://fat.gfycat.com/UniformHonestArizonaalligatorlizard.gif

10 Likes

I wish

But I don’t want to have false expectations so I will pretend they won’t, if they do I will be happy

doesnt matter anymore…still not gonna play a boring game or give them money.

I think the writers were trying to give backstory has to why the Overwatch heroes are in the playable roster. Which is nice, but it’s not really interesting.

You’re right, I’d rather have lore about why Overwatch/Blackwatch/Talon was formed and lore about the heroes in those organizations.

4 Likes

Nah, its more than likely going to new skin reveals locked behind a paywall for the OWL

11 Likes

God pls I would pay money for that I just made a post about the lack of lore this morning ahaha

Or Blizzard can give us lore about all the heroes because it doesn’t matter who was “originally in Overwatch”. I for one would like cinematics for Lucio, D.va, and Mercy, and I know many other people in the community want more lore on those heroes as well.

5 Likes

Mercy would be nice. But lucio and dva have pretty fleshed out backstories already, as in not much to make a cinematic around that we dont already know. I feel they’d be better shown in comics like symmetra’s.

Mercy would be cool too, but I don’t think we know much about D.va/Lucio other than they’re musicians/pop idols.

2 Likes

Dva is a war hero (orphaned I believe? I havent read her bio on the website in a while) And lucio leads a revolution against vishkar which admittedly could use some background

2 Likes

NO I DON’T CARE ABOUT A D.VA FLASHBACK I WANT A CINEMATIC MOVING FORWARD THE PLOT THAT HAS BEEN HANGING AND STAGNATING FOR 2 YEARS NOW I DON’T CARE ABOUT HOW D.VA BECAME A MECHA PILOT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE RECALL IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR BLIZZARD PLEASE MY SCREAMS HURT.

6 Likes

I pray to Jeff this is true :pray:

1 Like