What is Dae-Hyun's role?

He’s not a member of the MEKA squadron and he’s not the CO (he tells D.Va that Command says they’re in the clear just before the attack) so what does he do to help the MEKA?

Is he a mechanic who helps the others work on their mechs?
An engineer who keeps the base running?
A tactician who calls out enemy movements?
A glorified cheerleader?!

I’m actually really curious about this. If Micheal Chu has already stated Dae-Hyun’s job in MEKA, I missed it.

4 Likes

He’s a mechanic specifically assigned to D.VA

5 Likes

Guidance counselor

3 Likes

He might be her new boy-toy so they can stop making videos of poor Lucio getting shot down by D.Va all the time. The last video, Dad 76 had to get involved. The situation is just out of control, so I am guessing they’re introducing her to a nice young MEKA mechanic.

Chu says he’s both a childhood friend and a Mechanic assigned to D.Va

9 Likes

as far as I can tell he’s like an overlook, he’s watching out for the MEKA team from the command post with an eye in the sky view of the battlefield. He’s probably also a close friend to Hana and he’s obviously mechanically inclined.

1 Like

He’s a future hall of famer for The Friend Zone.

Sorry she’s into Lucio, bro

1 Like

He’s the resident caretaker of the friend zone.

3 Likes

On twitter, Michael Chu stated he is a mechanic.

What applies to that job or what he does in terms of that, he didn’t state.

3 Likes

Here’s the link to the Michael Chu tweet that everyone is referencing.

5 Likes

That didn’t work out, bro.

9 Likes

Dae-hyun works primarily as a mechanic on the mechs (specifically on Tokki–D.Va’s mech). There are other mechanics who help to maintain the different mechs and have other responsibilities around the base.

53 Likes

Any chance on an expansion on that, beyond what we currently know? We’re all always guessing. >_>

2 Likes

So it is Dae-hyun?
I’d have sworn it was Tae…

Ah thank you. Beyond that how long has he known D.va and worked with her?

Makes me wonder if every pilot has their own mechanic as a team. :thinking:

Y’all have really out done yourselves with the mekas. I love them all so much! :heart:️ Please make them heroes! Is there any little hidden bits of lore you can tell us about them? I’m so happy that I need a movie of them all. See this squad of young adults adds a awesome flavor to overwatch that I thought was missing. Really thank you so much for this short!

1 Like

They’re friends from childhood.

25 Likes

So friendzoned. Got it.

4 Likes

I don’t think so but time will tell

1 Like