What is Ana's niche supposed to be?

Because Lucio has speedboost which heavily synergizes and makes up for a deathball’s slow speed. Lucio speedboost has always been good for slow deathballs, the speedboost is literally why he’s good.

Why don’t you get over yourself as you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about if you don’t understand why Lucio is picked.

Moira objectively heals far more than Ana puts out. If single target burst is Ana’s niche it hasn’t played out so far as a winning strategy in game. It is her niche and it sounds good on paper but in practice that niche isn’t that great.

1 Like

Ana: Nade plus Dart is 100 + 75 * 1.5=100 + 112.5=212.5
Moira: Ball plus spray. Assuming she gets a second. 75 + 80=125

Ana does indeed have more burst healing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol. Playing Ana in season 5 =/= playing Ana now. That was like, a year ago??? And you think you know what you’re talking about???

Get outta here.

She gets dove super easily, Valkyrie is better than nano, Brigitte NOW has better CC, and aside from Moiras orbs, Ana is the only healer denied by barriers and Defense Matrix completely.

2 Likes

Burst healing on a single target. But when it comes down to it, a single target heal is less effective than a group target heal, which is what Moria excels at. If Moira can hit all 5 people on her team with her healing beam, she heals them for 80 h/s or a total of 480 h/s. That’s without her ball.

1 Like

So why would I want single target burst healing when Moira beats that output if she’s healing even two characters?

Again the single target healing niche in practice is not better(currently) than healing multiple people.

Exactly, that niche was great when overwatch was a different game. The time where that single target burst healing was good was so long ago it’s not funny.

I would say her ult which supports the rest of the team or enabling them to win fights more.

That and long range healing, but that has been getting less needed since all flankers can easily cross that distance to get to her.

1 Like

So this is my point. Why pick Ana if her weaknesses outweigh any specific niche or strength she’s supposed to provide?

We all know what Symettra and Torbjorn’s niches are supposed to be. They’re still garbage characters.

I wasn’t the one saying that it was a good niche, i just mentioned the numbers. My argument is higher up in the thread. :slight_smile:

1. Your stats show you don’t play Ana in comp, or actually you don’t play comp at all, so you have no clue.

2. It wasn’t a year ago, it was the same season Mercy was reworked. I thought it might be season 5, but who knows.

3. While irrelevant, I mained her during x3 tank for obvious reasons. I know the hero inside and out.

I think if they made her healing depends on the distance between her and her teammates it would be great. That means the teammate who is standing far away from you would get more heals than the one who is standing next to you

1 Like

Yeah, garbage heroes outside their niche.

Ana is getting buffed which will fix good Ana’s getting dumpstered.

Maybe lower the minimum to, say, 50 for ranges below 10 meters, 75 for 15 meters, and 100 for 30+ meters? Idk, just spitballing here. The idea makes sense though.

None of the buffs address Ana’s weaknesses or make her strengths any better. Slightly larger clip size and healing through full teammates are just quality of life changes that make her main heal a bit less frustrating.

You outlined yourself why she doesn’t really have a strong niche anymore. Single target burst healing? That’s a joke compared to AOE burst heal on two people. Valk is better than nano and Brigitte has far better CC.

Antiheal is her main niche and it is unreliable because she is the only support whose self heal mechanism completely wastes her biggest strength.

4 Likes

I don’t play competitive. But I still play Ana pretty often. I find comp to be worse of an attitude than QP, so I ignore it. If I want an organized game, I play with a party.

Season 5 was May 31 - Aug 29 2017. It was a year ago.

You know the hero where conditions are preferable. 3 tank meta was during season 5 and a little after until Mercy was a must pick. Now, Ana is in trouble and you’re trying to say she isn’t and that her niches exist when they really don’t.

You’re not getting it. If you play Ana now, you’ll have significantly less success.

1 Like

To be fair, it does stop the issue of accidently healing allies that are at full HP when you want a more precise healing line. On live, you have to be careful of the auto lock to help players heal. But on the PTR, you can just keep shooting.

This is why I say people are using rose colored glasses. Yeah Ana had a nice niche, when she literally had a meta that played around her and her grenade allowed her to have double the healing that she has now. Since that point she has never been good.

The only thing covering her weaknesses was her grenade being ridiculously overtuned. They swung the pendulum far in the other direction and never looked back.

I view this as giving her more baseline reliability that the other healers inherently have. Not really buffing a strength or removing an inherent weakness. Not accidentally healing a full target should have been on Ana from the very start.

Someone not playing comp doesn’t mean they have no clue what they’re talking about. You’re kidding, right? lol

It was August, I remember now, I actually quit for a bit before that to cool off. I missed the initial rework, fuzzy memory.

The definitely exist, she has the most offensive support ult still, and good players still play her in this meta for the burst.

Nope, competitive is the only way to gauge a heroes viability. As its skill based and consistently flows with the meta.

If you only play QP, you don’t get organized play, no team comps, VS people of all skill level etc.
Its a CASUAL game mode.