What if you could buy shorter DPS queue times with cash?

let’s discuss the cash for fast DPS queue under the free to play model. Would you be willing to give it a try?

Count me in for that

I’d pay $10/mo or something like that for a fast pass dps queue

I’m more of a pay for one fast queue.

like if you get a lootbox for playing Tank, that lootbox should come straight out of the pocket of the DPS. They’d have to figure out the exact amount. Like it’s 12 cents for a quick DPS queue.

Would never happen, Blizzard isn’t EA…

2 Likes

I’m not ok with idea of someone throwing in a role they’re bad at to get in game currency for line skip.

If anything, this will cause even more hatred towards DPS players.

1 Like

that’s why I’m in favor of everyone starting out at zero SR. Especially in the free to play model How matchmaker should work (imho)

You must be out of your mind…

4 Likes

I know MMR resets work for some games, but those games aren’t OW.

The Overwatch community doesn’t need to start at zero SR; they need to start at 4000 SR. Then they can blame their teammates for every (inevitable) loss down to their actual rank. Instead of a ladder, it will be slide…an ice slide…that’s been greased…with every slippery substance known to man.

Can people offer how much they would offer for faster queue times and can tanks/heals set the amount of money they would accept to play as tank/heal?
I will play tank or heal if you give me 1$ a match :stuck_out_tongue: Not enough to quit a job but enough to finance the hobby.

While I would pay for it blizzard will get so much negative press it wont even nearly offset the cost of restoring their prior pr state.

Serious question - do you spend time every day meditating on how to ruin Overwatch, compile lists of terribad ideas, and then post on the forums?

4 Likes

I would not use that feature. I am just going to read or if I want to play immediately, queue as Sigma.

Dont give blizzard those kinds of suggestions. They thought a rm ah was a good idea for diablo 3. But wait, they dont give a fck about the forums anyways :slight_smile: .

I’m not talking about an MMR reset.

I was thinking about this. A rmah is cool, but it enables pay to win… and nobody liked that. I wished people were more laissez faire.

So, you want to reset SR but not MMR?

This is the worst idea for jumping queue times that has yet to be purposed. Yes, lets give rich people a trip to the front of the line.

1 Like

DPS Queue Times are long

DPS Player buys shorter Queue Times

Still has to wait the same amount of time since every other DPS Player bought the Short Queue Time

2 Likes

The worst experience is usually with low intelligence/high confidence kids and young adults. Coincidentally, these groups are also typically broke. I’d support it just because it drives them away and the collective intelligence of remaining players would increase.

However, it’ll never happen, don’t kid yourself. If it did, it’d be a tiny charge per game not a flat rate per month, or it wouldn’t be sustainable.

A fast past rewarded for playing 2 games of tank and 2 games of support would be better, if they can deal with the MMR issues and quickly ban throwers. They would need to limit the amount you can stock relatively low(1-3). This would allow you to continuously stay in games while still having a chance to play DPS, and helps with the distribution issues causing the waits in the first place. It needs to be more than an even tradeoff(if it were 1 game of each, people who already play tank and support would start using fast pass credits and it may make it worse instead of better).

Tactician has a very different and unique perspective on things.

Worst, it would be the teenagers of rich people wasting their parents’ money.

Yup

Honestly, this hints at the right solution, which is what they’re already doing

The key strategy is to incentivize DPS mains to play Tank or Support instead. Giving away loot boxes and credits are what they’re doing to get this to happen. For every DPS that gets enticed to queue as another role, the DPS queue is shorter by more than just the 1 DPS person no longer queued as DPS, because they also filled a slot the rest of the DPS in the queue are waiting for.

They just need to dial up the incentives high enough to be effective.

Further, paying people to queue as the in demand roles HELPS the DPS queue instead of letting some people pay to screw over the ones not willing to pay. Paying for the in demand roles is a win win win, because the currency used for payment doesn’t cost Blizzard anything, the DPS gets a shorter queue, and the DPS that queued as tank or support gets a faster game.

1 Like

if they did this: How matchmaker should work (imho) I wouldn’t care how they made the change. they could reset it or they could put people in the same order as they are now. I’m guessing the latter is how the devs would do it if they implemented my idea.

That’s actually a pretty good idea. With 222, and always being forced to tank or heal, I think I’m going to need some cash compensation in order to continue playing. It’s just not fun or worth it otherwise.

1 Like