šŸ¦¹ā€ā™‚ļø What if the next hero was a Isekai theme hero? (another world theme but I am also thinking Deadpool and Futurama too))

Isekai - (Japanese: ē•°äø–ē•Œ) ( lit. ā€œdifferent worldā€) is a subgenre of Japanese fantasy light novels, manga, anime, and video games revolving around a normal person being transported to or trapped in a parallel universe.

Basically I am thinking someone from our timeline gets frozen, and ends up in the Overwatch Timeline and somehow ends up as a tank.

Basically kinda like Futurama.

Had a dream about it, ended up being a Isekai hero for Hero of the Storm, by going though the wrong door. And in character, I was able to post my thoughts a feelings on the forums in the real world. And then I became so popular, kinda had a Deadpool kinda thing, where I was acting out ā€œa character for Blizzardā€, then got Frozen. Then woke up in Blizzard World(which didnā€™t have Overwatch anymore), forced to be a Blizzard World Courier. Aka reenter the new Tank.

Edit: Before you ask, did the icon from my phone but donā€™t know why the male symbol keeps appearing. If youā€™re reading this went back to sleep.

Honestly i think it could be Echo. Her model and personality looks very out of place compared to the other omnics.

6 Likes

Dude, you need to think straight and stop fantasizing. Thats not what this topic is about.

Nice try OP, but if you just want an excuse to get Kirito into yet another franchise, I will pass.

That being said, an actual mage would be quite cool to have. Thinking of Rudeus from Mushoku Tensei.

3 Likes

Have you seen Futurama? and I donā€™t think you get what a isekai is.

Guess I will find somethingā€¦ give me a second.

I understand. But for the parallel universe thing, i dont know they do that in the game despite making genetically enchanced animals a thing. The universal crossover is more HotSā€™ place. The game got a Nexus born hero at BlizzCon.

1 Like

Thats why in the dream I was Nexus Hero first, then revealed to be a Blizzard employee playing a roleā€¦ then got frozen. Transported into forced labor to a different kind of Blizzard.

(Aka Blizzard please hire meā€¦ JK, you can pick whoever for this.)

1 Like

Iā€™d like that! Although I wish the alternate universe was more of another dimension than an alternate universe where other versions of our heroes exist, that could get clumsy with the lore. Something like Stranger Thingsā€™ Upside-Down instead of DCā€™s alternate universes.

Like the ā€œIrisā€! What if the Iris was just another dimension with omnic-based life forms the Shambali believe exists, and it actually does!

Check out this concept art for it: https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/overwatch_gamepedia/6/69/Iris-map.jpg

THAT looks like an alternate dimension! That looks like a place that could have the technology to create a door to our dimension. And the new hero Echo looks like she could have come from there. Thatā€™s why she is so valuable in the lore. Sheā€™s basically an omnic God not even built in our dimension.
https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/overwatch_gamepedia/5/5d/Echo_Reunion.png

This might be a little too far fetched for Overwatch but its fun to speculate. I just never understood why such highly wise and logical creatures such as the omnics believe in religion without evidence itā€™s real? Maybe Echo is the evidence another reality called the Iris exists??? And this reality is so technologically advanced itā€™s basically spiritual?

Who knows. I like guessing!

Isekai is becoming a popular tread in animeā€¦ and Futurama just ended a few years agoā€¦ Deadpool is fun to doā€¦ So I donā€™t see why they canā€™t do it.

Anyway, going to go back to sleep. (again, got this whole idea from a dream.)

ā€œI am Diablo, the Demon Lord from another world!ā€

Would be hilarious with White Nova as an ultā€¦

Have you heard about Phyrexians?

1 Like

Mei was frozen for nearly a decade.

Does that count?

I donā€™t think you get it but whatever.

I donā€™t know who would actually play this role, I mean, I guess it could be your random gamer like me. (Cause I technically fulfill all the usual things you see in these kind of main characters but so do many others.) (But then again I am a nobody, would not surprise me if it was someone who was more well liked. Like Jelly.)

Anyway going back to sleep.

Edit; No Mei doesnā€™t count cause she is not from our timeline.

ē•°äø–ē•ŒćÆć“ć®ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒ ć«åˆć‚ćŖć„ę°—ćŒć—ć¾ć™ć­ļ½ž

1 Like

Depends on what we mean on another world, ā€œFuturamaā€ for example, just in a distant wacky future timeline of 3000 from a guy who was frozen in 2000.

But thats where also the Deadpool twist comes in.

Hmm, i have nothing against isekai but i havenā€™t gotten into it yet.

Itā€™s one of the few genres iā€™ve yet to explore, the last unfamiliar genre i explored was mecha anime, i donā€™t need recommendations or anything though because i already know what ones i would read/watch from the isekai genre when i get into it.

I think the closest thing to isekai that iā€™ve red/watched is the devil is a part timer but thatā€™s technically the opposite of isekai lol.

Now to your post yes i would iā€™d be perfectly fine with a isekai character.

1 Like

The Genre has not really gotten to America yet, (even though it started here with Alice and Wonderland.) But itā€™s really big in Japan. And there have been a lot of good and bad animes about it.

If a few years ago was the ending of the Mecha anime decade, then I say we are likely mid or early start of the isekai decade.

1 Like

While I unironically love KonoSuba to death, I donā€™t think Isekaiā€™d be a good fit with Overwatch beyond being a skin (e.g. Mercyā€™s recent holiday skin)

Again another who thinks I am talking about one character from an entire genre and not really getting what I am talking about here.

Itā€™s like I say the next hero is Nintendo theme and you think I am talking about Mario when I am totally not.

But then again I guess todayā€™s kids donā€™t know what Futurama is.

Iā€™m literally probably older than you.

1 Like

:roll_eyes: Whatever sure you are kid. (Thats not the point I am making, but you went there.)