What if Mercy could apply overheals that decay overtime?

Mercy does not work in goats.

For one thing, because it is a brawly set-up and thus her mobility is limited when grouped up tightly, shes very easy to kill as she doesnt have any firepower or cc to defend herself.

And if anything, resurrect makes her even worse since she basically stuns herself for almost 2 seconds to rez and considering the brawly nature of GOATS, she would rarely find opportunities to resurrect, let alone in combat.

It is a nerf. She can be knocked back easier now. How it was intended does not matter, it still means that the enemy team now has even more tools to deal with her which makes it a nerf as in, it affects her balance negatively. So is the damage boost thing btw but I wont get into it with you since you refuse to see reason on these matters.

I asked if it was confirmed in patch notes or something.
Yes its a nerf if it was confirmed/its intended.

least picked main healer when you leave bronze, and she’s only second even down there.

So would you say something like “fixed the bug that caused junkrat mines to phase through enemies” is not a buff to the character?

Actually it is a nerf. When a Rein throws a firestrike or Ashe throws a dynomite you quickly toggled damage boost to give them the damage bonus, same with pharah and her rockets. This change not only lowers the skill ceiling of damage boost by eliminating beam toggling but also makes it much more dependant on teammates communication like “I’m gonna firestrike, boost me or I’m gonna throw tnt, boost me”. Otherwise the damage boost will not apply.

What on earth are you going on about?
All I asked was if it was actually confirmed to be intended or not -_-
If its not in patch notes and nothing has been said, assume its not intended till it goes live.
Stop putting words in my mouth, thanks.

Maybe I’m blind but I can’t find a reference to it in recent patch notes.

And I am telling you that intended or not it’s still a nerf because it makes the character weaker to others. Just like the “bug fix” that doesn’t allow her to boost hanzos dragon strike was a nerf whether or not devs classified it as such.

The difference between those is that the dragon “fix” went live and also got a specific dev comment on it.
We don’t know if this will go live or not (I’m assuming from your lack of answering that nothing has been confirmed about it)
Yes its a nerf if it goes live, I never said it wasn’t.

Nah. Just needs something other than Valkyrie. Her only fault is that she can only nudge a tie to her team’s favor and not actually make any plays of her own. Fix that and we’re good.

The current mercy doesn’t work in goats.

A mercy that can overheal, combined with her damage boost, can easily become a substitution for the recently nerfed zenyatta. simply because damage boost on zarya alone is enough to make it close to the viability of discord.

Plus, this is something that this forum HAS TO UNDERSTAND. You don’t fix what isn’t broken. It’s not like all of a sudden you guys completely forgot about the 6 months of mercy must pick meta. If we weren’t in a tanky goats comp, she would have still been the number one or 2 in all the pickrates. It’s very easy to tip the scales on her current state. And a hero with all that doesn’t need a buff. Specially not another extra sustain function in this game. There’s already too many of them right now.

1 Like

Once Goats finally falls, fully expect Mercy to rise up again.
Even in her current state.
She just doesn’t favour heavy tank comp as she isn’t a burst healer.
That’s not a bad thing.

2 Likes

No. And brigitte already has overheal

It’s not a nerf, it is a correction to an earlier oversight.

I’ve already explained that this was not a nerf, but a correction.

I call a correction a correction

Factually, Mercy does not stun herself using rez or any other part of her kit

1 Like

I’ve seen good Mercy players not only carry games, but dominate

She has plenty of playmaking ability in the hands of a player who does want to get the most out of her

This would make the DPS even more irrelevant.

A nerf and a correction are not mutually exclusive. Any change can be a nerf. Fact is, that whether it was a correction or not, it makes it more difficult to get value out of Mercy.

Being able to be knocked back while airborne is a nerf that was not needed considering shes in a good spot balance wise. It may be a correction but it is still factually a nerf.

A correction is still a nerf if it negatively affects a hero.

She was immune to knockback effects while airborne and now she is not.

That is a negative change for Mercy and it is a nerf to Mercy.