What I would like to see in Overwatch 2

Those are all good ideas. I just want more Genji x Mercy. They’re so cute together and I hope Blizzard is confident enough to see it through.

3 Likes

I dunno id like to see emily in overwatch

1 Like

For what purpose? As far as we know, she’s a civilian.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t they be? They’re arguably the two most popular male and female character, respectively, and they’re a straight pairing… literally no risks at all in making them an official couple…

1 Like

After the Valentine’s Day fiasco, it seemed like blizzard became scared to commit to their relationship, so I lost some faith that they’d make them official.

However, in the past two years or so, it really seems like Blizzard has gone back to pushing them together, so maybe they won’t care what some people complain about. Here’s hoping they let Gency in Overwatch 2.

2 Likes

Angela and Genji clearly are przyjaciele. Anything more than that is big mystery.

Something I noticed: Genji has a Bedouin skin to represent that his travels brought him to Egypt at least once. Angela’s lived in Egypt the past two years. You think that was intentional?

Its probably not canon. Not all skins are canon, most aren’t.

And since I know its a popular follow up for this skin specifically: Having a little snippet of flavour text doesn’t make the skin canon by default. Irin Doomfist has flavour text, and I don’t think that’s canon either.

The best straight couple is Ana and Reinhardt but Blizzard would rather have Gency take center stage over them because Anahardt are older than 40 and big romances in these stories are reserved for cis straight hot people in their 20’s or 30’s. Also Gency is the most cliché and predictable ship so it’s within Michael Chu’s writing abilities.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting theory, I hadn’t thought of that before. I always thought that Genji wore that before or during his time with Zenyatta. But this’ll be my new headcanon; Genji wore his bedoquin skin when he visited Mercy in Egypt.

1 Like

chu can’t even make it believeable either lmao
(see: storm rising)

3 Likes

We could have had more of angry angsty Retribution Genji but instead we got retconned-no-more-angst-so-he-can-flirt-with-Angela Genji and that is why Chu needs to stop trying to write romance.

4 Likes

Yeah. The art book they mention that they made his nomad/bedouin skins as reference to the fact that the word “assassin” has an arabic root.

1 Like

Mercy dating an assassin is totally in character btw… we love consistent writing! /s

1 Like

Lbr the woman would probably be happier dating another doctor or some low key peaceful profession like a florist lmao

2 Likes

Yeah, even Tracer and Soldier, two characters that live to fight the good fight and actually like war/fighting unlike Angela, have/had peaceful, civilian partners… surprised that wasn’t the case for Angela too. But we’re supposed to believe Angela fell in love with the guy she performed life saving surgery on bc he was the only one who would talk to her late at night (I think?)

1 Like

She used him as a rebound after things with the florist didn’t work out and now she has to let him down gently in OW 2

so that’s why genji returned to zen :wink:

It wasn’t “retconned.” Just because he was angry constantly in retribution doesn’t mean he should stay that way until he meets Zenyatta, and having him act that way would make his development very one-dimensional. He can find people that make him happy while he still struggles with his cybernetic body, which was reflected in his conversation with Sojourn. Even as he struggles, he’s learning to live with it.

5 Likes

A civilian that’s eating out a time traveler plus i mean how does emily feel about tracer just going back to overwatch wouldn’t emily miss her