What I would like to see in Overwatch 2

It’s not like Tracer is there permanently - she’ll be able to go home, or have Emily come visit her.

1 Like

Well said! People who say Genji was out of character in Storm Rising or they retconned Zenyatta helping him are literally grasping at straws for criticisms.

Genji clearly still needed mental and emotional recovery, and he wasn’t getting that while in Reyes’ command in Blackwatch. Once he was out of Blackwatch, things were slightly better for him. Not perfect, but better.

3 Likes

Bastombra forever! Love knows no bounds!

Genji was also using humor in retribution at times to cope, but a lot of the anger in retribution seemed to spawn from the team he was with (Reyes, Moira, McCree) especially when Reyes basically mentioned Hanzo to Genji, knowing that at that point, Genji wanted him dead or at the very least hated his guts. I believe also about a year passes from Retribution to Storm Rising? Though Genji does use a lot more humor in storm rising, the interactions would’ve been better w/o that buy me dinner line, I actually liked some of the other Genji/Mercy interactions, not that opposed to gency, just wish that it was more believable

1 Like

even as someone who isn’t really a fan of Gency, im curious to know what makes the dinner interaction sound unbelievable? Are you saying it sounded out of place?

kinda felt weird and out of place to me, might just be cause I wasn’t expecting flirting to happen on a combat mission lmao

ahhhhh, i see. I wasn’t too surprised, it’d been hinted they were a thing back in like 2017 or so. on a different note i wonder if they can be so brave as to include flirting in game during a mission between an LGBT couple… but maybe that’s not appropriate for this thread lol.

Genji, Winston, Lena, Reinhardt and Lindholms are her only friends during Overwatch. Any other from Overwatch is the only coworker or boss to her, nobody as important as these friends.
To me the dinner Angela required from Genji in Storm Rising is a way of escape from problems and controversy Overwatch was giving to her at that time, trying to make herself comfortable. In Storm Rising we hear also that Morrison and Reyes starts to hate each other, they dislike themselves already.

Two years actually (Retribution 8 years ago - Insurrection 7 years ago -Storm Rising 6 years ago) - Genji still had his BW body in Insurretcion - so he got a better body between Insurrection and SR.

3 Likes

It’s even stated in Storm Rising conversation that Genji got new cybernetics shortly before Storm Rising.

1 Like

Oh yeah I forgot Sojourn said that about his “new cybernetics” ! So yeah, not so long before the mission then !

1 Like

But overwatch i mean i just want to know how emily feels we dont know how long they’ve been together and we dont know there issues but i mean if your significant other went out and put there life on the line how would you feel im sure it would cause problems dose tracer write to emily who knows we need to know these things

Emily and Tracer were dating at least 6 years ago. Tracer mentions her during Storm Rising.

2 Likes

Damn six years i wounder why they arnt married yet or if they are why there isnt a sign of rings or anything id love to see tracer in a wedding dress or suit perhaps because tracer is always being a hero she dosen’t want to marry emily. emily needs more of a presence like emily is important it’s the only cannon relationship we have and god damit we need some cute couple contented or im starting a riot

Forgive me, but what was the valentines day fiasco?

They added Valentines day lines between Mercy and Genji, which I guess some people didn’t like? A lot of people tried to argue that it wasn’t hinting at a romantic relationship but given the other evidence it’s pretty clear that it is.

That’s what started everything?
Lmao

I want to see Tracer proposing to Emily in an un-skippable cut scene at the end of the game and then Overwatch 3 opens with their wedding. Soldier76 has a new boyfriend by then.

When you try to skip it you lose all your talent progress and have to restart the game :rofl:

I feel this would go against his sacrifices and character. He is a man married to his war rather than any person, and he always has a war to fight in. Once one war ends, that just means it is time for another to start. This is how I view his character, and settling down for a relationship would go against that.