What I think should be added/fixed on Workshop

Workshop has been a fun feature that allows players to do creative stuff and probably save Overwatch in some way.

Lets get to the point. There are some things I want to see added to Workshop and some things I already have problems with that should be addressed

What should be added:
Everyone knows this, Map Checking. Adding an Is Map Active or something similar so creators can have specific actions that work on specific maps.

Updating System, let me explain this better, a way where if you do some simple code like adding in a Rule that only works with a simple Interact can just be added to the game without restarting the match.

Keyboard and mouse compatibility for at least on Workshop, creating workshop code is painful and too long. I think there should be a way to use a Mouse for navigating and using a keyboard for at least searching parts up.

Host check. Here me out. If a code says if the HOST only uses the Interact Button, then an action can take. Kind of like a Host only admin tools.

Archives styled Revive. I know there are custom made revive systems but it doesnt feel quite important without at least the down sound that plays when you are down (or a teammate die on Elimination)

This one is more out of the Workshop but more ways in linking Blizzard account on Console besides for rewards. I think its nice if your Workshop codes on one platform can transfer to the other upon choice. Like an option that says “transfer” or something

More effect options like a Cube. Idk I just feel like itll be kinda cool having a cube for a border or something. This just seems cool.

Making Forcing Hero work on Bots if the hero specified is allowed. Like forcing a Bastion to switch to Roadhog.

Idk if this one is the worst idea buuuut: Allow Skirmish or something to have all the spawn rooms open with a choice at the start.

Option to Pause and Unpause Objective Capturing. I would like to make a mode like on Payload where players dont capture the Payload just yet. Like, remove the enemies before you can capture or something like that.

Option to allow No Limit hero choices (or disallow) on code. For example having one team have Limited hero choices and the other team having no limit heroes without complicated code.

Thats all the ideas I have that should be added. Let me know what you think about these and probably what you think should be added!

Now for the issues. There isnt much so hear me out:
Editor crashing on Console. I dont know about PS4 but on Xbox, I get a crash chance when I try to edit on the Editor. This could be because my luck sucks but I hope im not the only one. With this issue (and the long code) is the only reason why I switched to making codes on PC.

Descriptive tags not working on Skirmish. Says it self. When I use a Objective Description code it doesnt update on Skirmish

Pause and Unpause Match Time acting as toggle instead of what they actually say. I use unpause when the timer is going but it pauses it. Not much of an issue or if its intentional. Just feels like I should mention it.

Idk why the word System is blocked on naming the Rules. Seriously. Im curious

Those are all the issues I have or think should be addressed.

What do you guys think about this discussion? This is really my first time posting on here and I hope a bunch of you guys would at least agree with 80% of what I say. Let me know your opinions or more to add on the list! See ya later and Techie definitely not signing off!

1 Like

Dan and Keith confirmed that this would be fixed next patch.

A Is Host condition and dynamic rule changes would be interesting to see.

1 Like

I really want a Movement Input Of value for players. Throttle Of just doesn’t cut it, because you can’t detect if the player is pressing any of their WASD keys or moving their left joystick if their throttle is being forced, if they are being Rooted, or if they are simply not alive.

If we can use Is Button Held to detect every other button, regardless if the button is disallowed or ability is disabled, we should be able to detect the movement keys/joystick at any time at all.

2 Likes

almost all of what you said would be a great addition but some more things i think should be added are:

1. Custom variable names + more variables
  2. String value for variable
  3. More input keys (WASD)
  4. Dictionaries (Associative arrays)
  5. Chasing array values
  6. Cause of damage value (For example ability 1 of(event player))
  7. If (that will work like skip if)
  8. Do something only once on a loop
2 Likes