(Bug) Problems with Respawn Since New Patch

Yea, same for me. My game mode took a hit too, since it is using the “disable in-game respawn” action. I hope Blizzard fixes this as soon as possible.

1 Like

Commenting to get this post noticed

2 Likes

Blizzard? Pls? Workshop died

1 Like

People who read this post, comment something so that it remains at the top. It’s been 3 days since the patch and blizzard has yet to address this situation. This needs to be fixed ASAP!!

1 Like

I guess they are aware of this issue. Its a pretty big one as many modes require respawns being disabled. Maybe the fix is not that easy to do.

I’ve tried several alternatives, such as the characters that got hit to be affected by something such as sleeping until the round is over, but this is a problem that doesn’t work for two reasons.

1. For some reason, I can’t get them to wake up again when the round is over. They stay sleeping in the next round.
  2. The players who are actually still participating and truly alive can’t see how many players are actually left, thus horribly impacting deductive reasoning.

If anyone has any clue how to fix this, please, notify me.

I was trying an alternative that knocks players down until there is one player that isn’t knocked down remaining

Since my mode is ffa deathmatch, the game restart so all the scripts reset.

I created a hud text that displays knocked down players, use the “has status” condition, so vice versa, I set the “has status” to false and it displays all players that aren’t knocked down.

I use the same solution in my Murder Mystery mode. Players who got killed get knocked down for the remaining round, but are still able to spectate other “alive” players by adding an extra rule with a “Player Variable D == True and Is Secondary Fire Held == True” condition and a Start Camera action, increasing every time the index of a filtered array with all players where the player variable D (= dead) is not true.

I clear the status “knocked down” for all players after a new round has been started. This should work for your mode too:

actions
{
	Clear Status(All Players(All Teams), Asleep);
}
1 Like

Blizzard wake up please

Commenting to get this post noticed

Multiple modes are currently broken because of this. Spent a few days trying to fix my Hunger Games/Battle Royale gamemode only to find out it wasn’t a problem on my end but in all modes.

I accidentally made a workaround before the problem even existed.

• When a player dies, set a variable to true.

• if variable is true, and event player is in spawn room, kill them.

It’s not elegant, but at least it fixes your game mode if your victory and defeat conditions depend on which players are dead, since players who died will instantly die the moment they respawn.

EDIT:
if it’s a deathmatch mode, and you dont spawn in a spawn room, check if the variable is true and event player is alive.

You can also remove their bodies and death screams by teleporting them faaar below the map just before killing them

1 Like

This worked thanks hopefully blizzard Fixes this soon

In the Flood game mode after every death the player score goes up by 1 and every death makes the score go up so Im wondering if there is anyway to stop the player score for players that have died 1 time or more

Only increase the score when the variable is not true I guess.

bumping for visibility

Be careful with bumping. Its not allowed afaik :frowning:

It’ll be ideal if bliz could at least provide an official response on this bug. It’s quite literally broke all the modes I had built the past 2 months (I’ve only made 2 but still…).

Workshop’s been the most (and currently the only) fun I’ve had with this game but considering that every new patch had broke each of my modes over and over so far, I’ll be quite hesitant to invest time towards building new modes or ever hop into Overwatch again. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

This Right Here!
That’s all I’m asking for is for blizzard to atleast address the problem. Atleast if they do that we wouldn’t be as stressed as most of us are now.

1 Like

I’m sure that they are aware … hopefully

Hi guys, we are aware of the bug and are looking into it. Dan actually posted a response in the PTR forums:

We are deploying a fix to PTR, and are looking into getting it fixed on live if possible.

6 Likes