What I have Noticed on Tanks

Just an observation, that most tank players don’t play tank much now. Mostly they are taking a break, playing less, playing other games, and whatnot, some of them are exploring life outside of a gaming set up, and going outside. Seeing the sun and new things. Like starting a car and driving to some place.

The ones that do play, make the 5v5 team at a tank diff, and mostly the team is at a loss.

This is not true of higher level play, but mostly now, the tank is the key to winning or losing.

With everything buffed to the max in everything, it is hard to kill a tank. More buffs to any tank will make it worse.

In overwatch 1, reaper on a good play, coordinated with their team, could wipe out two tanks in one go.

Not anymore.

Plus, the tank now in 5v5 is suffering. Suffering in taking all the fire, suffering in “am I the only one on the team…”

I have not ever seen such a thing in Overwatch. This is truly a stand alone. I am stunned.

1 Like

I guess thats why low top 500 tanks are in diamond

5 Likes

Shoot something other then the enemy tank.

If they are the one outperforming, just go after the things that supports them.

You can win games around them, maps have like three lanes to play around at any given point. The tank can only be in one of them.

Because tank is miserable. Even if you play meta tanks, Pharah is rampant and no tank can reasonably deal with her while also doing normal tank duties. You get completely nuked because your hitbox is huge and you have to rely on both supports to keep you up. Not fun for the tank, not fair for the supports.

3 Likes

there is no dps now, as the other tank will wipe them out. In most cases the games are a stack. And at a higher level, an aimbot stack.

I used to play tank, but I play less now. Just now in a game, playing as a random, my team could not do suppressive fire and coordinate with tank, so I played 1v5 or 1v3.

It was the most fun that I have ever played in OW. At games end, I went to the bathroom, then went to the frig and got another beer.

Is this fun…

As a tank in early 5v5 and mostly 6v6, I rushed in, or dove in, and the dps would cover, as back then they could kill tanks. A low skill team, can no longer do that. The dps can’t kill tanks like they could.

A lone tank against a whole team, or partial team can’t ever win.

Plus a poor tank on a team, even with good dps, will mostly lead to a loss.

1 Like

To be fair, they said they were going to buff Reinhardt and Winston “soon.” It makes sense to take a step back and just wait unless you love the sensation of getting soul crushed.

Beyond that, not to brag, I go outside every single day.

:muscle::triumph:

Nobody cares about my team.

:muscle::sunglasses:

Ha haaaaa! My team is doomed.

:muscle::sweat_smile:

Good.

:muscle::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

No.

:muscle::unamused:

Or ever.

:muscle::unamused:

It is a very lonely experience.

:muscle::weary:

But you saw Reaper players take out both tanks…

:muscle::grimacing:

1 Like

well, there is the concept of active players and a good and healthy game design and game play. This will draw a lot of players.

If the game as a whole, does not make for that, then there is no money, and the devs get cut. In this case, the servers will more than likely be left, not up kept, or shut down, in time.

I can’t help or make you see that. That is up to you.

That is a relatively compelling argument and everything; however, if you think about it, bludgeoning them with my hammer sounds more satisfying.

To be clear, I did not ask for role queue. That was everyone else. It is not MY fault that I get to enjoy the obvious and natural consequence of their decision while they reap what they sow. It is not up to me.

I do not need to understand anything. I am just going to murderfy them by smashing their skulls while they cry about how they could not figure out how to walk backwards and how oppressive it is with no counterplay. It’s all good in the hood, cuh.

true. Well said.

Time will tell. Just OWL died, and was replaced by nothing really. Time will tell.

Maybe Quake 3 arena 2. Or pokemon with a chain saw.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the next flying hero around the corner :smiley:

Shameless plug

That sound like you have bad positioning my dude. You can infact not stand in the close to mid ranges all tanks are limited. We have flanks and highground for a reason.

dude suppressive fire just happens when the dps starts shooting at something. They can take abit of aggro to.

It feels like you got some nostalgia glasses glued to your face my guy. (The old times were good, and the new times are bad)

Like for OW their is like a hundred and one iterations of this between every season, meta, and year of OW.

shoot the enemy dps/supports. Like even if your tank is dog you have enough fire power even as support to kill something of revelence.

I position pro.

I rarely miss. I do well.

The algorithm for team match ups is crap.

As it stands now, the game play is crap. That is why I don’t play comp. To do well in comp, one has to team up with another good player. The player base now is do bad, that a lone player has a hard time. just fax. Most of the good players no longer play, or only play just a bit now and then.

I shoot supports and dps, but as a single tank, with no team, it is a loss.

If you can’t understand that, then I can’t help you, and in time, when you go to play overwatch, the game won’t load, as the servers will be shut down. In time, if nothing changes that is.

I am a wicked tank player.

Just I am more wicked at Quake 2, hook, slow rail. Instagib. Now that was totally fun. Fun, fun. Not like Overwatch.

Even to this day, nearly 25 years later, I still remember the screaming fun of that mod in OSP, quake 2.

Overwatch in nothing like that. OW2 is dull and lame. As of now, it is boring and not worth playing.

Hook up with me sometime, 1v1, widow.

Can confirm, I started playing other games and dropped 500 pounds in a week

I may do the same.

The new doom multiplayer, Marvels, and the new WarHammer (Gears Mod).

Na your more you name sake, but joking aside that’s a nice little art piece their.

But I’m enjoying the game. Tank stuff is cool, they also did thing I recommended a while back and decreased the effectiveness of a lot of CC tools on just the tank.

Just an observation. All of the people I used to play COD with don’t play anymore.

…Oh wait…It’s still the top selling game…

I agree tanking is miserable but how does one notice that tank players aren’t tanking?

I don’t see their tags online anymore. They may play on their second or third, or … accounts. I have played for some time now, since the launch of overwatch (1). I have played against some good players as a tank. I no longer see their gamer tags in game. Just randoms.

Also the main tanking streamers, seem to be in pain, and don’t stream as much overwatch as normal. They stream other games now.

The new 5v5 format is fun for the new players. I just got off playing now the mid season patch. It is no longer overwatch. I slug fested for like 8 minutes to just get one point. Nothing died, or was damaged much. Was not fun. Had no skill coordination to make plays. DPS can’t take out a tank now.

I would say that tanks are now about two to three times harder to kill, than when Bap and Brig first came out to hone the double shield block in OW1. I would judge 3 times as harder now. The whole team beats on the tank, and nothing happens. Just need to outlast the other team, have the team hold together in poke, hope a few coord ults pop up, then break the other tank. If a team picks the wrong tank, then roll. If the team has a tank diff, roll.

DPS now is not fun to play at all, as DPS has little effect against tank.

Time will tell.

At least, one thing that I feel, and it is only my opinion, posting here on the forums does nothing really other than keep the community together. The streamers something get a Dev involved in discussion, but it is usually corporate speak.

I don’t believe that the Devs include the general player in what they do.

Right now, in my opinion this season’s mid season patch is the worst since OW came out.