The next tank needs to be anti air

With another flying hero coming into the game- Not being able to properly deal with air targets is another one of those massive tank frustrations.

Oh look they have pharah / echo / mercy, and in no time itll be “And space ranger too!”

And oh look our DPS are reaper and junk rat. Ready to have fun?

42 Likes

I would also be down for upgrading Ram’s anti-flying capabilities

44 Likes

it’s not the fact that there aren’t other things we could attack instead, but flying characters get so many resources put into them. are we really expected to ignore the focal point of the enemy team composition?

also dps is increasingly getting worst at dealing with flying characters, from range restrictions in falloff and flying heros getting ttk buffs. dps cannot do this alone anymore

3 Likes

I’m not sure but I think, technically, D.Va is anti air. She can counter Pharah, Echo and Mercy in the air since D.Va can fly as well, momentarily that is.

5 Likes

Mauga is anti-air if you can aim.

11 Likes

This requires mauga to use a single gun- as the spread on 2 is way too massive.

Each chain gun does a whopping 72~ damage per second, if youre hitting all his shots. Which, against a flying target, youre not.

Even if we light them on fire and swap guns, youre still not doing enough DPS to do much beyond annoy a pharah/echo with a mercy beam attached to them.

“Pharah can you please swap? They have a mauga” is a sentence i dont think anyone has heard.

24 Likes

If his vortex was a projectile that didn’t drop and travelled like an mei icicle you could more reliably pull flying down.

1 Like

He’s still a tank at the end of the day and a hitscan at that, so his range is limited.

I would love to have a dragunov-wielding tank for those long ranged targets my DPS can’t get to, but wouldn’t this just create another problematic tank like Orisa, Hog, and Mauga…? A two/three shot tank with 450+ HP, gunning down enemies from 30-40 meters sounds like a pain to deal with all around.

If only there was a tank hero that could use like booster rockets or something to fly into the sky to attack the DPS or just deny their DPS for many seconds. Being able to chase Mercy would be a bonus too and an ultimate that has teamfight solowinning potential, but still some kind of a highish skill floor/ceiling :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

2 Likes

Or just give Junk and Reaper ways to deal with it such as headshot multiplier for airshots on Junkrat.

3 Likes

you do not want a tank that is “effective” at range

i really dont know if people are thinking about what theyre saying…a tank who can take space without being near it is not a tank anymore…its a ridiculously OP range dps at that point

2 Likes

Widowmaker is a tank actually :relieved: just in wrong role like sym and sombra initially.
So we need to move widow to tank role and buff hp and give a shield or something :hugs:

2 Likes

imagine widow with a giant HP pool and armor…

3 Likes

Absolutely! Let vortex reach the skybox for crying out loud!

8 Likes

Was typing just that :joy:

Also normally no scoped widow is thicc like roadhog, but when she scopes in she becomes thinner as charge increases and release toxic purple gas around her.

Not as strong as you think though. She use to be a great Pharah counter but Pharah got movement buffs that makes her better against D.Va. Mercy’s cool down is much shorter than D.Va and can easily put D.Va out of position chasing her. D.Va is ok against both but I don’t know about counter exactly. And Echo is just plain good against D.Va with high damage and focusing beam. I don’t like chasing Echos.

3 Likes

Put Dva’s boosters on a 1 second cooldown and she’d be anti air lol

7 Likes

Not to mention a huge part of what made Dva so good against pharah initially was her ability to flick DM at a rate that lined up with pharahs rockets, and had plenty of DM resource pool to be able to eat pretty much all her rockets.

Dva can fly at pharah- but shes not realistically going to threaten pharah- again especially if the pharah has any kind of healing, and especially if were talking about current pharah.

5 Likes

I clearly said I don’t think a long ranged tank is good for the game, lol.

Baja just wanting to argue per usual.

This game is so cooked. Keep promoting counterwatch though. Even though Diva literally exists and shuts down fliers so hard, while Zarya ignores them, has good reach, and gets free charge from their poke.