What Happened To The Forums?

Yes! And it’s not like this is a new idea either, people like me noted the lack of subforums (or at the very least tagging) in the new platform as a major disappointment way back in February.

Yeh. Everyone on my Battle net friends list dont touch this game anymore, and people I talk to who use to play it gave it up completely. I played 1 hour this week, and hated it.

Final Fantasy 14 and Warframe is where I will stay. The devs of this game lost their way.

Honestly, while Story tends to be a little more productive, I’ve seen some jerks there completely shutting down non-canon or exploratory ideas. It’s not always a sea of tranquility, so to speak. It actually completely killed my desire to post or contribute there.

Let’s not forget 3 full characters reworks. 1 just ruined a healer and made her obsolete after Blizzard breaking her over and over, and the other 2 didnt do anything for them. Poor Torb and Sym. People still rage when someone chooses you, and the devs promised that they would be more useful.

1 Like

Nothing happened, they’re the same as they always were with the exception of downvotes being gone so posts like that don’t get buried really anymore.

Well Torb is less bad… not good, but not as bad…

Honestly the new forums are much less toxic and popularity driven. There are no more downvotes, just upvotes and flags.

The main problem is there are the exact same threads about the exact same issues for the past two years.

I want to believe that was sarcasm because it is actually impossible to not know who Pikachu is.

Here’s an honest reply

There are better things to spend your precious time doing than giving these forums the time of day. Nothing here but salt, sass, sarcasm, and sadness.

I could have sworn they were just as bad a year ago. Most official game forums seem to end up that way imo at least.

I’ll fight you to prove you right!

1 Like

There’s too much CC in the game for it’s own good.
I remember back before Brig, Doomfist and Moira were released I enjoyed Overwatch so much.
All these new heroes with BS abilities and no skill required ruined the game, thus making everyone feel “Upset” and lash out when they play.
Can’t play a single match in either quickplay or arcade now days without some form of toxicity present.
Overall I think the game is slowly dying. Waiting time for matches are getting longer and longer, almost takes 5 minutes to find a game.
I’m constantly running into the same players over and over.

I just want to play a quick match and unwind from a long busy day of work, but too many changes were made that only make playing frustrating and stressful.

Same here and i agree, i’m basically just a resident of the overmoji cafe nowadays.

I still have fun here. But it’s true there aren’t as many … unique threads as before.

Part of that is because the mods tend to randomly delete a lot of stuff and deem it as “spam.”

There was a hilarious thread discussing if Tracer could have infinite children. I mean it was stupid, but there were some actual scientific lore points brought up and I honestly enjoyed the crap out of that thread. XD

But yep, 404’d within a few hours.

RIP Fun.

1 Like

Complaining about a hero… happens when there is a problem with the hero… that isn’t being acknowledged…

I think something that would help is for them to make another section called balance discussion so it’s easier to find the more fun, interesting and positive things.

Something like that would really clean up general discussion and balance discussion would basically be the new general discussion for anything balance related.

1 Like

Agreed. And I know this isn’t reddit, but we could really use an Off-Topic forum too.

Like I like this community (most of you :P) and there are some things I’d like to talk about and bring up, but they’re not always OW related so they get deleted.

I mean I get why that’s not a thing. Blizz doesn’t want us talking and promoting non-Blizzard games and such. They also don’t want us talking about politics or religion, etc. I know an Off-Topic discussion would be a nightmare to mod. It’s just … I want it. ;_; I always love that section on other forums.

Someone needs to at least make like an unofficial OW forums community Discord where we can all chill or something. That’d be cool. Cliques would form, but whatever, it’d still be fun.

1 Like

I must be lucky then because the only 2 threads i made that weren’t overwatch related didn’t get taken down, of course i think that’s because i bypassed the rules by throwing in a little overwatch related question towards the end.

That’s what I do. XD I loophole them pretty effectively. lol But there are some topics you just can’t stretch far enough for that, sadly.

I will say kudos to the mods for letting some wholehearted threads stay up, even if they aren’t on topic. Like I remember Jellyandjam made a topic about the tragic shooting at the Madden tourney in Florida, and they let it stay. They get major respect points for that one.

1 Like

There’s no transparency between the devs and the playerbase anymore. We have no idea what they’re working on, or what their official stance is on a lot of hot topics, and that makes those topics even more hotly debated.

Then there’s Mercy. The rework was a disaster, and the dev response (or lack thereof) to the overwhelmingly negative community feedback has been a PR disaster. I think a lot of Mercy mains (or now ex-Mercy mains) are fueled by pure bitterness and spite by now. Since the rework, they’ve been thoroughly dehumanized by the community, and their feedback has been ignored by the devs so completely that any Mercy-related posts were quarantined in megathreads for the sake of “keeping the front page tidy” for almost a year.