What do you want from players?

No it does not.

A forum ban does not apply to the game and the game does not apply to the forums.

If he is indeed banned on both it’s because he did something also on the forums but they will not be the same offence.

1 Like

I talked about this HERE

The big issue is that OW needs a clearer separation between casual and competitive. The aggressive “must win at all costs” mindset is baked into competitive play because winning is the only option, and that fine let those people have that, some enjoy that higher stress environment.

Help those of us that want to just enjoy the game for fun do so and in a way that doesn’t encroach on the competitors who want that strict zerosum environment. A lot of the issues that are blanket termed “toxicity” are just the collision of two different worlds.

Well I am sorry to disappoint ya in this manner, but it does. It’s been that way for quite sometime. Blizzard does this concept to make sure all " toxic " behavior are cleansed.

It can’t be helped because Overwatch Game master doesn’t want to support it. Competitive play is a no go zone especially for solo players.

1 Like

Im honestly okay with comp not being “for us” but right now QP is in a bad spot because heroes balanced for comp are OP in casual QP. I think this is pushing people into competitive play to avoid that.

Tweaking QP to have characters balanced differently vs their comp stats I think would lead to more people happier with QP and less likely to venture into comp to try to find a fun game.

I received a ban and could still play the game and post on the EU forums just not the U.S ones.

Explain.

Well I suppose that explains your case. You can post on EU, but not U.S ones meaning U.S moderators or whatever don’t allow ban players on their forums. Trust me on this one. If the user could reply they can considering this user started communicating yesterday. This player must of been on a silence duration seeing the gap between days. I know for sure there was no forum ban applied.

At least in QP you’re less likely to get a ban than in competitive play.

If you think your account has been unjustly suspended, you can appeal the suspension here:

Please bear in mind that your case will be manually reviewed by a game master. A suspension can come in three forms:

• Abusive language.
  • Gameplay sabotage.
  • Cheating.

The way the report system works is that when a player reports you, the game will scan the match for signs of said behavior. Abusive language for instance looks at your chat lines and voice chat, while gameplay sabotage looks at your performance such as death count and fight participation.

Only a percentage of your flagged games need to have violations to trigger a punishment. All false reports are ignored, but the frequency of correctly flagged games are also taken into account. For example, your game history might look like this:

Game 1: False report. :white_flag:
Game 2: No reports. :+1:
Game 3: Abusive Chat reported and detected. :triangular_flag_on_post:
Game 4: Abusive Chat reported and detected. :triangular_flag_on_post:
Game 5: Abusive Chat and Gameplay Sabotage reported and detected. :triangular_flag_on_post:
Game 6: False report. :white_flag:

(The actual number of games required is of course much larger.) Then the algorithm will then evaluate your stats like this:

• 50% of your games you demonstrated punishable behavior.
  • 33% of the time you were abusive you also started throwing the game.

The system will then punish the player accordingly. The punishments scale up gradually. On first offense, the player receives a simple warning. For abusive chat, players get increased silences before receiving suspensions. Each punishment starts off relatively short, and then grows if the player continue to misbehave until the player’s account is permanently ban.

If you appeal the suspension, the stat and chat lines from your flagged games are then sent to a game master when you request a review. If they are indeed false and/or the percentages are way too low, then your suspension will be lifted.

The exact quantity of games it takes to get a suspension, as well as the actual percentages are unknown to avoid players gaming the system to be toxic without consequences.

The level of violations will also accelerate the punishments: The harsher the language, the bigger the punishment. Death threats and hate speech are some of the worst offenders.

Bear in mind that one of the most common mistakes players make that get punished is evaluating what is considered abusive chat. The system is adaptive to avoid players simply dodging it with made-up words. The scan also looks for the most commonly reported words, such as:

• “noob”
  • “ez”
  • “report (name)”

It does not matter if you don’t believe those to be insults: If they are used as a means to threaten and belittle someone, people will perceive them as insults all the same and (justly) report you.

Bear in mind Blizzard has a strict policy not to discuss your suspension on the forum: This probably has more to do with the fact that the only one who holds the evidence is Blizzard and posters are likely not going to be entirely forthcoming about their behavior.

If I would make any suggestion for Blizzard’s report system, it’s that they should implement more transparency. For example, Riot’s League of Legends gives players frequent warnings when their flagged games are detected to help reminds their players to cool down, and automatically sends the player at least 5 games worth of their toxic chat dialogue when they get silenced.

While abusive chat can be accurate to a certain account. I think Game sabotage reports are getting mishandled and Blizzard aren’t doing anything to correct whether light or heavy. Their evidence are quickly judge compared to Hots, WoW and other games with reasonable policies. Hots and WoW are the same company, but different game masters and you are treated better.

I beg to differ, as a Rein Main i have only enjoyed comp on the first seasons, then lost interest over toxicity, the loot boxes not rewarding anything, winning 20 credits every time i leveled up over a course of 4 hours while hearing it was fair. Getting shut down at the forums when tried to suggest or ask more about this issues. Stuff like this since season 1 made me stop playing until they fixed a lot of stuff, specially the reward system and some competitive issues.

But competitive play allows you to solo, specially because they enforce you that 50% win/lose ratio no matter what you do. Before solo or duo queue was the best choice to rank up in competitive because grouping increased the odds of you loosing the game placing you against people with a higher chance of winning because the system considered grouping too op.

Things have changed for the better and worst at times, you can rise in sr alone but it takes a lot of communication and teamwork. I never felt i was not supposed to go into competitive alone.

As for people not supporting this issue or deliberately censoring or silencing issues. I got no evidence of blizzard doing something like this, i think activision did on their forums, so i cannot give a good opinion.

It’s possible. It would be nice to know what the exact numbers need to be for something to be classified as Gameplay Sabotage, or at least for the game master to share those numbers when you appeal a suspension. They’ll probably never do it though, as I said before, to avoid players gaming the system.

However, given that most Bronze players don’t get instantly banned it’s likely that the numbers are based on your performance compared to other players in the match. So let’s say the average player has a 60% fight participation and yours is down to 20%, the system might conclude you weren’t actually joining in any fights.

A large number of suicidal deaths or an abnormally high elevated death count with low damage/heaing output compared to other players might also trigger Gameplay Sabotage.

It is however 100% confirmed and validated by Blizzard that your hero choice is by no means a variable. But playing off-meta heroes that you have no practice on in a highly competitive environment such as Competitive Play might skewer your stats enough to warrant Gameplay Sabotage. It shouldn’t trigger off simply playing bad, but it might.

I think that alone if a big downgrade part on Overwatch end which promotes the abusiveness of reports coming from toxic players who are quick to judge. This is why creating a clan system is better than relying on friends or lfg. They need to to open up a solo mode for competitive play, but then again the player is vulnerable for incoming false reports.

Seeing how this game has transpire from 2016. Things has gotten a lot worst and the fun spirit is gone from the game. I mean just look at this game now and when it came out. Toxicity has taken over the game and Overwatch’s developers are giving false positivity on the matter.

The thing is if we don’t support this case now. It’s going to get worst. Bad enough most appeals are ignored on those who are innocent in the manner. It’s taken a mental affect on them that they’re not being treated as valued customers, but more as wallets with legs and feet.

I frankly think they have zero video evidence when it comes to statistics. They’re just solely relying on text reports. If the player has a lot of reports on them then this must mean the player is truly guilty instead of rethinking if players who are reporting are flustered for not winning.

Appeal system is not set up to help customers. It’s set up to close tickets as fast as possible. You will get the same copy paste answer from a flip book 5-6 times before people actually start talking to you. They still won’t actually say anything useful though and will just close the tickets. So, you will spend a week or more just waiting on responses to your ticket(takes roughly a day per ticket response), and your punishment will be served already long before you can even get someone to talk to you without using copy pasted responses.

This depends on the category. If you get a punishment for “Disruptive Gameplay”, yes that has no evidence. That one is the code for mass reported. If you get punished for a different category, then they actually do have evidence, and sometimes might tell you a small piece of it.

Not quite. False reports are quite damaging to your ability to report. If the stats don’t match the report and the player’s report is deemed false, then eventually the player will reach a point where their reports no longer counts.

This is known as a “shadow ban” where you lose a function without actually knowing you lost the function. It is also entirely unknown how many false reports you need to do to lose your ability to report, and for how long you actually lose the ability.

It is sometimes discussed if the shadow ban method is appropriate as a lot of players think false reporting is fine to do. If players for instance started receiving warnings that a lot of their reports didn’t check out and was warned their ability to report would disappear, false reporting might be taken a lot more seriously.

2 Likes

stop demanding things, think everything revolves around them and stop whining about pretty much everything.

just enjoy the game and accept that sometimes you or others have a bad day

From my gaming experience Overwatch is thee worst when it comes to their policy.

It’s really sad though and I can see this getting worst. I mean do they not care at all?

Update: Brutalistica just informed me that they’re tossing his appeal side into the garbage can. They’re not explaining anything. They’re just copy and pasting rules policy and such. There’s zero explanation. Are they trying to chase players away?? This just confirms me that you must stay away competitive play. I am going to make another thread.

Um…what?

Yeah that’s like common knowledge, but that’s not the point of this thread. Nevertheless you can’t truly enjoy a game not knowing you’re going to get ban for something you didn’t do.

The thing is if we don’t support this case now. It’s going to get worst. Bad enough most appeals are ignored on those who are innocent in the manner. It’s taken a mental affect on them that they’re not being treated as valued customers, but more as wallets with legs and feet.

Sadly i do agree with this, they promised a game that you did not had to pay again and add loot boxes and no progression system. Give limited time to get items, new skins and emotes are now costing a lot of actual money instead of game currency ( making game currency useless when you gain 20 per level up that takes 4/5 hours, how are people calling this fair? ).

There are a lot of malpractices and anti consumer deals with overwatch, i hate them too, and i hate how they keep trying to make me pay for more when they promised they would not do this. I really hate how to a lot of people it comes to the “poor” “its just 30 dollars” “cheap scum” shuns and insults always come on this areas too. Buy or get insulted, its just baffling.

1 Like

Update: Okay so Brutalistica gotten a response from the game master and of course…

" Greetings, friend. This is " not going to put on blast" . I’m stopping by to follow up after your most recent ticket with respect to your account action. Following an additional review of your case (which is an exception here, since we only conduct one review), we can confirm that the evidence presented was correct and that the subsequent action taken was appropriate. Our decision in this matter stands and will not be overturned and the account will remain suspended. For privacy and security reasons, it is our policy never to reveal details regarding account investigations beyond those which are provided in the original notice mail. "

The usual rules and policy speech and

" We now consider this matter closed and would not look to enter into further discussion on the subject. "

Leaving with a quote…
" It takes but one positive thought when given a chance to survive and thrive to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts." - Robert H. Schuller "

Pretty much added salt to the wound.

Overall the game masters knows that

However they will persist the ban because they believe the trolls are in the right.

Overwatch developers.

You created a hero and you can get ban from playing it. Players created memes for specific heroes that are now known as troll picks. You support this and not fix it? Why should players play your game at all when they will get reported by troll reporters claiming the match was sabotage.

You don’t even need to have chat box on and you still get credit for being reported because their word is better than the player that’s being reported? Why do you favor that concept so much when it goes against your ruling on game sabotage? If the player is playing and trying to win how is that treated as game sabotage?

How can you gather evidence and you know the truth, but still persist the ban? Who are you truly helping? All this does is promote more troll reports due to a faulty automated report system. All you had to do was explain the situation than saying we agree that we are in the right when you’re not. You know you’re in the wrong and all you had to do was uplift the penalty.

What type of twisted logic are you going at with this? Why out of WoW and Hots you’re the only one that follows this corrupted policy to the full extent? Then you want to come with endorsements and lfg when that only adds more toxicity. This is a very sick game run by…ugh I am loss for words.

This cycle will continue until we have someone new in the office that can fix this toxic policy mess.

1 Like

This is a sad day for fair and good players, it seems that the people in power will never take the time and consideration to check this things. In the dawn of war 3 forums, i once stated how disappointed i was when the developers left the game in such a dire state. Then i was censored stating that i was spreading lies about the game. So i posted again, stating how disappointed i was on the issue and the mods censoring the information about it, checking my facts and making sure they where true. So i got banned for saying lies.

In the end it does not matter if you did the right thing, it is so disappointing that they try to make fake hype and good will without addressing the real issue. Numbers will not make people better players, it will teach them how to lie to their allies until the game is over. Is this what the developers really want? fake just pretty none solutions?. It does make their numbers look good, but that is the issue, they are solving numbers issues before solving human issues.

1 Like

Yes this is exactly what they want. Promoting false positivity. Troll haven and be prepared to be report if you have a favorite hero that’s not meta.

I am hurt as well that this game isn’t what it’s meant to be. WoW and Hots are the only games with decent reasonable game moderators.

Not Hots, jesus christ what did they did by adding loot boxes…but that is another topic i already made. What i will never like from Hots are the servers and how they dc people for no reason and they will not be able to fix it because it built in the server and game function, it will not be able to get fixed until there is a Hots 2 and everything you spent on the first one is worth 0.