What do you think Overwatch NEEDS?

You can’t fix the queue times without fixing the balance so that the rest of the tanks aren’t literal garbage.

1- More tanks and supports. I’d like to see 3 more in each role, then we can go to a cycled release of DPS-Tank-Support.
2- More variation in events
3- A place to actually test out various balance changes, as opposed to Blizzard only testing it internally

1 Like

Pump out more tanks and supports ASAP until there’s an even split in all 3 roles tbh.

More frequent balancing.

More transparency and reasoning for changes.

More dissuasion for alts / unranked to GM garbage through better placements or stricter regulations for alts etc. They can use hardware to ban people so it should be easy enough to detect alts.

MORE LORE PLEASE.

A company that cares about pushing content for it, why they don’t is beyond me.

They refused to expand the team developing content for OW back when it was at its peak so there is no way they’re gonna expand the OW team now…

1 Like

Blizzard needs to stop focusing on competitive players. It seems like that’s honestly all they are about anymore. What I want is for this game to have more content, be more worth playing for everyone. People talk about “meta this and balance that” but for people who are just trying to have fun all we get are half a’ed events and mandatory maps and heroes every year. Blizzard has gotten a bit better with this by adding replays which is a nice “for everyone” feature, but still. That’s just how I feel

Sorry, But all I could think of was when you said this was…

Dang it :joy: this is so true though.

1 Like

more skill demanded heroes, less op buttons, skill reward and separation low-elo heroes from high elo heroes. decrease all ult gains 30% more.

Guilds, and a revamped scoreboard to better cater to the roles.

It needs Tanks/Supports to have several nerfs reverted so they feel impactful and meaningful.

• more communication from the developers

• Polls that pop up when you open the gamd that maybe give you a loot box for answering as a method of reliably gauging reactions so we don’t have people running onto the forums and saying things like “most people like this the way it is” with nothing to back it up

• make PTR an actual test realm and not a preview box. Have more ways to submit feedback on it and offer a lot more experimental changes and multiple proposed fixes to an issue rather than “this is what’s happening :slight_smile: you’re welcome.” Also make the time changes are on it shorter preferably

• Zen lore

• Custom game settings where you can play versions of reworked heroes with their old abilities

• more workshop options for those playing around with making their own heroes/abilities

New game modes. I’d love to see TF2’s symmetric control point mode, commonly called tug-of-war:

ht tps://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/List_of_game_modes#Symmetrical_Control_Point

Uh, probably a balance team?

2 Likes

It lacks actual balance.

Seems like blizzard has decided to perpetually overbuff one or two of the low pickrate heroes every few months, force the meta to change, and call that system “balance”. But it really isn’t.

Hanzo, Reaper, Doomfist, and Roadhog (to name a few) were all overbuffed. It’s hard to enjoy the game when those heroes are in the state they’re in.

Clan support.

Trying to fit a game about relationships into a Procrustean bed of “solo queue first” has mutilated the game and eaten up dev time.

Overwatch was supposed to be, and still can be, about something better than atomized loners yellling at each other.

5 more tanks, 6 more healers, before adding any dps. If we are insisting into role lock as a future of this game.

And remove doomfist.

1 Like

Add a survey on players map preferences and use the data from each persons survey to slightly alter the maps they get put on so they can fit people’s interests better.

Super long version/explanation here:

I’d recommend expanding the Arcade or putting in another category that doesn’t give lootboxes and testing how different items play out. For example, the most popular map in the game is King’s Row. People play it like 5% of the time. Might it be fun for people once a month or so to be able to play King’s Row all day on an Arcade tile?

2CP is probably the most controversial map type. I’m curious if part of the frustration in 2CP is that your teammates are potentially bad at 2CP. If you gave 2CP a tile in the arcade I’m curious if people might enjoy it more. (If said tile attracts a sufficient population you might test turning 2CP off in other modes for a week and adding a competitive 2CP tile as well)

That’s easy: Overwatch needs a much better introduction system! Explaining what it means to play as a team, the different roles, general map layout, what it means to flank, positioning, and so on…

Tone down numbers for starters. Damage, heals, shields, everything. Nobody likes to die near instantly, nobody likes to shoot shields all day, nobody likes it when you can’t kill anything through combined healing. If we reduce all extremes, we’ll find ourselves in a healthier state overall. Every point of damage, heals, shield would feel more significant.

Keep prioritizing new support and tank heroes at a moderately faster pace than damage heroes to close the gap. More options for the less popular roles will help even out the role demands.

Introduce more mechanisms that encourage people to stay in games rather than re-queue, like being able to vote for the next map at the end-of-match screen(QP and arcade only for obvious reasons).

Rebalance heroes with a “skill curve” in mind. That is, prioritize changes that introduce human error as opposed to simply changing numbers. Give every hero a chance at skill expression and throw away the concept of having “entry level” heroes. This game isn’t particularly hard to pick up as is, don’t really need training wheel heroes. All heroes would feel more impactful this way.

These are a good start. Overall the game just needs feel rewarding to play again.

What overwatch needs?
Fun.

This game is as boring as it has been since I started playing for me. Like why bother playing if there’s no fun?