What do you think is the core problem in OW right now?

The advantages of being a tank player aren’t worth the grief in role q. Prior to role q if one team had a tank player and the other team didn’t, the team with a tank player had a massive advantage. Now you don’t because every team has 2 tank players.

And open q is a joke.

right now i’d say stagnation.
But more general wise it’s the usual blizzard balance. Introduce change, change doesn’t work, rework the entire game to accomodate change instead of undoing change.
And when something else invalidates [change] they don’t change back everything else that was changed to accomodate said change.
Right now you can see it in the dps creep. After they rightfully (and unbelievably) toned down heal and shield creep they did not the same for dps creep.

If you want to get down to heroes i’d say brig, bap and sigma shouldn’t have been put in the game with their current kit.
Brig still does a lot if you know what you’re doing, IF is straight up busted regardless of how little health it has and sigma shouldn’t have had a shield period

1 Like

Okay thanks for clarifying! Totally agree… there’s a lot of powercreep in regards to damage that many people are happy to ignore, unfortunately :frowning:

1 Like

Not in overwatch, which was literally the point I was making.

Even in Overwatch. Secret of happiness is disabled voice chat.

The chief problem of OW is the same one it’s always had…

It’s playerbase

• can’t understand that it’s a team game
  • can’t understand that it’s not JUST a shooter
  • can’t understand that we all want different things and therefor the game will never be balanced “properly”
  • always looking to blame everyone and but themselves
  • propensity to be selfish and throw, cheat, leave

Etc etc…I could go on and on but those are probably the major points

2 Likes

Simple, AOE healing

All 6 characters getting constant strings of low-mid tier heals, you can no longer poke your enemies down because now they can get healing without there supports even looking at them

The only counter to AOE healing is massive burst damage, which is why characters like Echo (great burst) do better than Genji (great poke)

now this amount of burst damage makes the Tank role feel absolutely trash, because there is 0 point in having 600+ hp if it goes away in less then a second

in short

AOE heals makes half the DPS roster unplayable and makes burst damage the only option, and nobody likes playing against burst damage… especially tanks which already has the least players.

1 Like

Actually all the tanks barrier were nerfed also becaus dps players found boring shooting at them, probably after Blizzard noticing a drastic descrease of the playerbase
They could have buffed dps damage and the result would have been the same.

Now, sure double barrier might be boring to play against but with addition of new off tanks dive tanks and new-playstyles tanks this could have been easily fixed instead of the mess of a game we have now.
They could have buffed dive tanks. We are still wainint for Dva to be seriously looked at.

The fact that Blizzard doesn’t care about balance. They can do it, they’ve had the chances, I believe they are smart and have brains, they just don’t want to and continue to make bad changes despite the community hating each patch.

Too many heroes getting nerfed due to forum babies with no skill whining. Some of the most ridiculous nerf requests I have seen are for Mercy, Sombra, ALL the Tanks, and more. Most of the problems every one complains about and demands a nerf because of could literally just be solved with them practicing and giving a damn about how to play the game.

But no, if you can’t win a 1v1 against a hero as a Damage Role hero, they need a nerf. Or at least according to the players who rather the game be easier so that they don’t have to put in the extra work to get good at playing it. Overwatch wouldn’t be as broken as it is if the Dev’s didn’t try to people please and simply nerfed and buffed heroes where nerfs and buffs were due.

I disabled all forms of chat years ago.

The game is fundamentally unenjoyable and in some ways outright hostile to casual players.

Over watches core problem is that the game has been out for four plus years and people still don’t understand the game or even try to.

1 Like

Other players.

Because it’s not fun to play, as designed.

To have fun with matchmaking, you probably would have to smurf, for instance.

Entitled player base. The matchmaker puts a bunch of people around the same skill level together and tries to get a fair game for every one. Then when the game doesn’t go that well the team turns on itself and try to shift blame on each other “trash support” “trash dps” “trash tanks” etc
Yes, their performance might not have been stellar but they are in the same rank as you so who are you to talk? If you want GM performance from your dps/tank/support team mates then you better get yourself to GM.

Basically a lot of people wants team mates that are 1000 SR higher then themselves and then they want those team mates to enable their fun time.

the dev team.

they say they want less toxicity, but allow voice line spam to be possible, they dont ban one tricks for not swapping when countered, but kinda do at high ranks.
they dont have a practice mode, so no one is happy in QP they say they are against cheating, but reward known cheaters with hero reveals.

they refuse to admit mistakes, even Ion, lord of blizzards cash cow, admits mistakes. they would rather break the game than admit a design flaw. they will dev this game into server shutdown before they admit brig, doom, and hammond wiped out the tank population and they are unwilling to fix it.

I do recall a developer post I believe from either the lead balance guy or jeff that they certainly over shot Brigitte’s initial release very much missed the mark. They have routinely cut back on various changes either from experimental or not. Many time’s it is a compromise from a previous state to what we have now.
I do not think they have to admit anyone is wrong at all. What’s that achieve?

If anything, we should recognize that as OW is literally its own kind of game that has very few ‘exact’ replicas to go off of for any previous experience. It should be expected from the player base that fine tuning will be in constant effect especially as players demand new characters and content.

We can’t have enough of them tbh.
There’s nothing inherently wrong with having characters that are playable in all situations. They can still be balanced.

I think the core problem with OW right now is not enough puns.

When life gives you melons, you’re dyslexic

2 Likes

There is a thing in this game you enjoy that someone else absolutely hates. They like something else that somebody hates. One thing exists to counter an other thing that counters an other thing. By themselves, one of these things may be OP and game ruining. This game has a handful of these things and the playerbase is never unanimous in which one is “the problem”.