What are you looking forward to the most in ow2?

Doom rework. I sincerely hope he is moved to the Brawler category and his mains cry endlessly after abusing punchbot.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to the real Overwatch, which is the friends we make along the way

The PvE content and the lore it brings.

I’m generally not a fan of PvP, and the only reason I find it entertaining in Overwatch (or any game, really) is because I can do it with friends - either as a team, against random people (like it goes in OW) or more casually, playing against each other (as in fighting games). Co-op PvE removes the need to fight others, and maintains the fun of playing with friends.

I also tend to dislike so-called multimedia franchises, where plot-relevant info is spread over multiple platforms. It’s not that bad wit OW, but I still find it annoying that there’s a fine setting built for the game - and it’s badly underutilized. If we want to find details, we have to check outside the game - and it’s a few short videos, a few short stories and a couple of comics. With no implication in-game that they even exist. If you have a nice setting and a story to go with it, please, show it in-game. If nothing else, then just some snippets in loading screens or background info in Hero Gallery.

1 Like

Better matchmaking. But I do not feel Blizzard is good enough to accomplish that.

1 Like

I’m looking forwards to the replayability of the PVE. Hero missions can, as far as we know right now, have altering objectives, units, weather and time. I’m hoping for alternate routes and areas. For instance, Blizzard World Holdout was seen in the Cathedral section of the map. I hope we can see Holdout in The Park entrance, Starcraft section, or cathedral. Also Kings Row Payload, we saw it start in the Underworld and go to the new section of the map. I hope for Replayability, and having different routes and locations for Holdout would be fun for me, ontop of everything we’ve seen.

I’m looking forward to seeing Widow, Echo, and Mercy deleted. :relieved:

Completely unrelated but you got a shout out in sty’s video today …just thought you’d like to know :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, matching players in a team game with chess-style ladder seems pretty dumb to me. They must’ve originally thought or hoped that players would join as the same team every time they compete.

my main point : if 5V5 PVP is good fun and balanced , everything is fine , if not , the game is doomed .

you cant do that for everyone…and therefor the game is always simultaneously fun AND doomed…been that way for 5 years now…i doubt very much that OW2 will change that dynamic

1 Like

I play Overwatch for the competitive, but I still love the lore behind it.

If it’s gonna be the same problems or more problems , then 5V5 project is a failure (I hope not) .
5V5 project’s job is to improve things , not to let the major problems accur again .

More players in QP and shorter queue times for DPS. That’s the only thing i want tbh

thing is the chief problem is one that i doubt very much the devs CAN change…you cannot physically balance the game for everyone…and whats considered fun is EXTREMELY subjective…its literally always going to be a problem…stuff is never going to be universally loved from top to bottom of ladder (across the playerbase basically)

and then we exacerbate things because of the way we play…like when you have someone that ONLY plays the game in a very particular way…like say someone who only plays hitscans (not even one tricking) the game is going to revolve around how that one thing feels…they buffed a hitscan counter? the nerf them? a new map that isnt good for them? well the game sucks now even though that probably just made the game much better/more fun for a giant group of people…even worse for one tricks…

note - completely arbitrary example cause i would imagine the game will be quite the opposite for hitscans - besides the point

its just the nature of things…

One less tank & shorter queue times

I agree, this IP and setting is a golden goose. Overwatch easily has the potential to be the next Marvel and it really deserves a movie. Of course the quality would severely decline like Marvel over time, but the first movie would really be magical and an experience to behold.

You’re on Sty’s latest video btw

4 Likes

Suggestion for customization for Overwatch 2 in terms of optics.

From a technical point of view, all visuals are generated from the data stored on the client. So skins, maps, UI effects etc. are on the player’s hard drives, right?

Skins

Wouldn’t it be possible then that you as a player can set which skins the other players / NPC (if you play against other heroes in PvE) have active?
For example, that Widow always uses the Tricolore Skin (no matter if friend or foe).

Or that generally only the original standard skins are used. Personally, I don’t really like many of the OW2 skins (Mercy, Reinhardt, Widow etc.) which is often due to the hair / helmets / visors (also with current skins like Widows Musketeer).

I am referring to the option of World of Tanks, where historical skins and paintwork are not replaced with normal ones or, as in Minecraft, with the Art Resource Pack program, where all the original textures are used instead of the new ones.

possible implementation in the game:
You could make a global option for all heroes (no change / original standard skins / OW2 standard skins) and a second check mark in the character menu once for your own skin and once for other players (friend / foe regardless).

UI
Something similar for the UI in the game, just an option whether the OW1 or OW2 style should be used. Both UIs exist. With the original UI, only the new skills and heroes would have to be added.

Main screen
Main screen. If there is no event, a hero and map are randomly displayed as the background. It would be nice if something could be customized so that you are always greeted by your favorite hero.

I have no idea about game programming, but I think that something like this could be implemented relatively easily and that it would be options that many would use and perhaps also want.
It would be nice because, according to my current status, Overwatch 1 will be erased by OW2, for many long-term players (I’ve been here since Christmas 2016) the original standard skin option would be a way to get at least some of the old Overwatch.

I don’t know if you have the opportunity to pass these ideas on to development. Would be nice if something like that (especially the skin options) finds its way into the finished game.
For me, the new skins are really one of the biggest criticisms of Overwatch 2.
We have to try 5v5 first, even if I will miss 6v6 and 6 stacking or tank duos with friends but I wanted a real PvE / Solo mode from the beginning back in 2016. I hope that will be great even if I’m a little afraid of the story (I hope so much that Widow can free himself from Talon and maybe even join Overwatch) ^^

PS: Sorry for the long text. ^^

I’d like to see Hack get the Mercy treatment. Make Hack an ultimate that’s used while waiting to spawn. When she dies, she can use ultimate and come back in corporeal form for only 3 seconds. In that form, she can hack a player and take control of them for like 6 seconds. Numbers can change for balance.

Hopefully NEW MAPS and New MMR for competitive so throwers and people that make alt accounts for the sake of STOMPING noobs relentlessly is delt with properly.