What abilities arent lore?

I can’t speak to most of what you said, but Graviton Surge IS something Zaria can do, she used it in her Comic

Mei’s Cryo-Freeze is DEFINITELY not lore friendly, why would she put herself in cryostase when all her friends died because of it lmao

I covered that. But Cryofreeze, Blizzard, and the ability to freeze enemies solid is probably more of a game thing; she wouldn’t need those in the artic after all

That’s fair

Oh my bad, didn’t see that part

What if this is actually lore? What. If.

I’m sure to some degree she actually does have a pea shooter.

The sound effects and lighting up sure… the rest is just an old western stand-off then rapid firing. As shown in the McCree short.

1 Like

Here’s a question, Rez might not be Canon but is Valkyrie?

Reaper uses Wraith Form (invuln) which can also fly, not Shadow Step (the teleport), in lore IIRC.

Fun fact though: Wraith Form and Shadow Step used to have the opposite names back in the day (during game development). I.e. Wraith Form was the TP and Shadow Step was the invuln. Lol.

The multi-beam aspect? Everything else (other than maybe the effects) is just regular lore Mercy…

I was mainly just referring to her suit kicking it to high gear, I didn’t think the multi beams were canon, I’m just wondering if her suit can really handle prolonged flight

Pharah’s can, but hers is like military grade tech

Why not, in lore? The in game mechnanic of only being able to fly to allies and only slowly hover down seems silly to me, from a lore perspective. Mercy’s suit is Overwatch-grade… Overwatch had access to the best. Better than most militaries.

You have a point, I was being dumb

No such thing when it comes to lore speculation, neither of us are right or wrong… :blush:

You know what bothers me? The fact Molten Core (Overload) is Canon, I could be wrong, but I’m fairly certain Toblerone used it in Destroyer

I think Zens entire kit, Transcendence specifically, has been called out by Jeff or Chu as purely a game mechanic thing.

The only canon thing Zen does in game is float. Orbs of Destruction are a maybe.

Roadhogs Take a Breather is, canonically, basically just radiation poisoning medicine, not a magic wound healing, bullet weakening juice

I’m thinking that prior to combat, her allies are treated with a special serum that when mixed with the chemical in the dart, will act as a healing potion, for everyone else the dart will become poisonous instead.

EDIT: same with bionade.

Ah, well if the devs said so then nevermind.

I was thinking more “bringing someone back from the brink of death” rather than an actual resurrect.

Right! That’s what I meant :smile: she used it in the comic but that just raises a ton of new questions. How does she generate the bubble? Did the cannon (originally a mech arm) always fire mini graviton surges? Is there a point in the story where Zarya goes, “hey, you know what? I actually like this 300 pound weapon - can you fasten an amplifier to it and attach it to my glove so that I can charge it with the bullets of my enemies?” Or did they write it in the comic because it is a part of her kit? Haha

If we got a Lucio comic, will he spend most of his time in robotic legs/skates blasting people with soundwaves too? Personally, I wouldn’t mind some of these heroes doing things differently in comics/etc than they do in game!

i think the devs mentioned zen’s abilites not being canon but i think thats kinda stupid. there’s no reason for any abilites to be non canon when hanzo casually summons spirit dragons and thats canon. in my opinion all the abilities in-game should be canon.

i honestly see no reason why shadow step wouldn’t be canon. why would teleporting be less realistic then wraith form.

why wouldn’t halt be lore friendly? the teaser’s for orisa mentioned efi using the same technology zarya uses for gravition surge, and gravition urge is clearly canon in her comic.