What abilities arent lore?

Which abilities are purely based on game mechanichs and dont exist or wouldnt make sense in the lore?

Rez for one.
We don’t see Halt in the comics, only Fortify
Storm arrows are new.
Symmetras Photon Barrier Ult

1 Like

I think resurrect or at least a version of it might exist in the lore. We know Mercy was trying to develop “tissue regeneration technology” or something similar so it’s possible.

Why wouldn’t Sym’s ult be lore friendly? She can literally make anything she can think of.

9 Likes

It’s arguable what of Lucio’s kit exists in lore since his backstory doesn’t mention much. At most you can make an argument that speed song exists because it would’ve been imperative during the rebellion and is basically that event’s theme. Otherwise, everything else is a big fat question mark.

3 Likes

Storm arrow

Damn it bring back scatter shot

2 Likes

I can see boop being lore-friendly. It seems pretty similar to the technology Vishkar used.

That’s also kinda vague too innit? Like, we know they had suppressive tools to stymie “lawless” behavior, but that is also up in the air. I’d imagine the sonic technology they used would be similar to those attacks on American embassy folks in Cuba- low-frequency blasts that cause confusion and illness.

Zenyatta’s entire kit I think is questionable as well.

4 Likes

Zen’s abilities I’m pretty sure are 100% just for the game

I always wonder this too!

Honestly, I am a bit afraid that when we do get more lore, they will simply make all of the hero’s kits canon.

Maybe it isn’t a big deal but when I see someone like Zarya (a soldier who received her weapon by ripping it off of a mech/tank) using bubble in the comic, I can’t help but wonder how does it work?

• Does she still use that weapon after years of fighting rather than a number of other, military grade weapons?
  • Did the cannon naturally create bubbles? Did someone fix it up for her and gave it that attribute?
  • How does the cannon create tiny black holes when it (I assume) was only used to fire lasers?

I want to learn more about these heroes but I hope that when they do show us them in action, the writers don’t feel forced to work around the kits the heroes have already.
Symmetra can build anything with her technology - show her at her best.

Zarya is a weightlifting champ and a heck of a soldier. Show scenes of her fighting with a rifle.

Lucio is a rebel (though lately, he seems to be rebelling more with his music and vocal opinions) but if in the story he isn’t really wall riding and blasting people he doesn’t like with sound wave weapons then… don’t force it on him haha. Show him throwing big concerts and rallying people together. Not everyone has to be a warrior in the story, all the time.

1 Like

Ana’s primary fire?
Like how can the seringe know whos the enemy and who is friendly,and that counts for bio nade too

Rez, Storm Arrows, Halt, Ana’s gun (makes no sense that projectiles from a gun can hurt any enemy, but heal allies), Discord orb maybe, and maybe some more

Yeah, Zen’s kit, from his primary to his ultimate, is all purely in-game stuff with no lore explanation.

I’d take a guess and say Shadowstep, Lucio/Brig’s auras, McCree’s Deadeye, Mei’s kit not including Icewall, and maybe Firestrike are also in-game too

We can assume Halt is lore friendly because Graviton is and they use the same tech

1 Like

Reaper uses Shadowstep in at least 2 different cinematics.

Firestrike is a canonical ability that Crusaders use in “The Last Bastion”

2 Likes

I recall one of the devs saying it’s not in lore. I’ll try to dig up from where I read it (was on the forum or Twitter ages ago).

Tissue regeneration isn’t quite bringing someone back from the dead.

Ice Wall and Firestrike are lore Friendly. Mei used a sort of Ice Wall to prop up the radio tower, and we see Forestrike used by Balderich in Bastion’s flashback

1 Like

Using wraith to gain height is not the ingame verison of Shadow-Step, which is full on teleportation

Oh yes yes, you’re correct. I was confusing shadowstep with his wraith movement.