Were those Omnics REALLY Kishin?

Yeah for right now. They definitely don’t have much of a story yet, but I’m sure that’s thier long term goal

I doubt it, at least not until they make another game set in the Overwatch universe. We’re 3 years into Overwatch and still haven’t got anything resembling an overall story.

yes, thats a great post mate

tho we dont know if omnics are ‘scanning’ media for information - we know that their attacks are separated by months time… and still where is military? they should be inside the base ready to defend their last mech and its best pilot… even if they would have outdated weapons they could distrupt omnics and prevent them from targetting Dva

in fact if 19 yers old dva is assembling her mech from scratch then i believe that whole country could do the same with an ease

well i guess its about uniqueness of hero, because if they would massproduce mechs then her relevance could get hurt
but looking at different ‘mech’ series - ‘Code Geass’ they could still pull off Dva as super interresting character and main/best pilot of Korean mech fleet

It’s possible it closes only underwater, to allow for better cooling while outside water

Yeah that too. If the danger of the kishin is so threatening, why don’t they have evac protocols in place to further minimize casualties.

And doesn’t the Korean Army have other forms of defense, like fighter jets? The MEKA program is so expensive they can’t afford soldiers and vehicles?

There are 5 Meka pilots, but even they can’t replace an army of soldiers, jets, and tanks.

1 Like

The Talon thing is a cool idea, shame but ok!
You could take it that “adapting” could mean varying the rate of attacks. As the humans think they’ve established a pattern, any pattern, the Gwishin breaks it. I imagine these smaller flying Omnics are its own creations, made to clean up shortly after large-scale attacks while the main body is wounded & MEKA is recuperating. I’m taking it that the main giant “Kaiju” Omnic is “gwishin” along with any of its other related Omnics also falling under that name.
Could this mean that the “Kaiju” of the Gwishin is actually an Omnium? :smiley:

if there still is hidden omnium, there is also god program not on a leash - it means that omnic crisis is not over

1 Like

Just because there’s an Omnium loose doesn’t mean there’s a God Program loose too. Omnic Crisis is like a world war, we’re not at that point again just yet xD.

so the question is: ‘who controls the program’? … because there is always somebody behind programming
a map of omniums would be great for our speculation :3

Well, with Omnics, kind of the point is that the Omnic itself controls what it does. People can affect that in various ways (programming, hacking) but that doesn’t remove the Omnics’ ability to make decisions on their own & I think it’s more interesting if in some situations the Omnics are still acting completely removed from the other greater influences in the world (or at least only indirectly influenced by such).
Also yes, much more stuff about Omniums would be sweet xD.

1 Like

I saw some speculation they got smarter and held back a small force until after the MEKA let their guard down and were undermanned between attacks. It nearly worked too.

1 Like

do i think?
does submarine swim?

my opinion is that omnics are simply programmed … they would never-ever use violence, IF it was not programmed

That is kinda weak point. I mean, even in out time it is almost impossible to hide something as big as factory on the planet, no matter where, on the ground, in the skies or under water. Planet Earth has a very limited space and no matter how good your “stealth” systems - you physically cannot hide something so big as base or factory.
I mean, if you cannot detect enemy base by using satellites from space, you can simply physically scout area. If enemy base is located somewhere under the ocean - just send some boats to scout waters. If boats did not return - bingo, enemies are there.

like so

You’ve kinda missed the point there xD.

What would Zenyatta have to say about that? He DECIDES when to use violence, but he would RATHER not. That is not programming. Omnics are NOT robots. That is the entire philosophical question with them, they display functionality & thinking capability similar to humans & therefore the question is, are they alive if they experience it so?
Also, the Omnics have already acted AGAINST supposed programming with something called the Omnic Crisis…
Never mind the Omnic called Okoro in “Mission Statement” who decides to commit suicide under his own volition so as to not be possessed by Anubis. That kind of decision comes from their understanding & values, not from programming.

Um, so suddenly it makes no sense for a GIANT Omnic to be hiding in the sea undetected because it’s also a factory? It already kinda didn’t make sense, but we’re led to believe that it does have the capability to hide itself with some kind of technology. Therefore, nothing is different?

2 Likes

I think D.Va’s desperation at preventing the omnics from reaching the city at all is just another sign of how much pressure she’s putting on herself to be a perfect soldier and defend her country. Even if there is an evacuation plan and/or shelters, and even if no one dies, the fact she let them reach the city would be a huge failure to her. And also to her people, who use her as a literal symbol of peace and think she can do no wrong. The media lies about the fact she nearly died during the battle and is now still working with several broken bones, not unscathed and taking a much needed break as the public is lead to believe.

2 Likes

humans are learning while growing, they get expiriences during their life

omnics are built, assembled … even Mondatta could be brought to ‘life’, but he choose not to - they could forcibly bring him back

it all depends of programming in omnics - they can calculate varaibles that were programmed by some engineer
they can 0-1 things baised on their program… because they dont have natural brain (tissue) so they can be manipulated

the ‘omnic question’ is very niceley played issue of how we (people) see other people… blizz can make it in to package of serious real life issues without bringing division in to community

but why? what are her motivations? she seems to have only Dae Hyun as her friend… i guess we will learn later

Lidar doesn’t work through sea water.

Or rather, you can kind of use it near the coast on a good day with a special souped up version. Oceans though, no chance.

They’re metallic robots, you’d use MAD.

The Omnic that was Mondatta will never exist again, they can’t bring him back. His consciousness is tied to his body. Where is it said he CHOOSES not to? He’s dead, he can’t choose anything.
Yes they are built from programming, but so are we (DNA) & both human & Omnic can learn as they experience things & form opinions based on their understanding, however they came to that understanding. Just because they are machines does not mean they don’t experience or feel. It doesn’t matter how they got to that point, it is the case; & discounting their experience based on how they were made is just stupid. Also, just because their thoughts can be manipulated because of its structural composition they suddenly can’t actually think? If I poke a certain place in your brain, I can make you act a certain way, same thing I’m afraid, unless you don’t think?

How is the Omnic question related to how we see other people? Yeah sure it’s a obvious allegory for racism, but how does it apply to people as a whole? Also, by your logic, where Omnics are just programming & nothing more, how the hell does that relate to humans?

1 Like

I think it’s pretty obvious. We know that she’s extremely competitive. She nearly killed herself during a bike race just to win, and she’s famous for showing no mercy during e-sports tournaments. She obviously takes her job as a MEKA soldier very seriously, as she should since she’s the last line of defense against the omnic threat in South Korea. On top of all of this, she’s been turned into the poster girl of peace, an idol with no real personality, who’s just there to make the country happy and to feel good and safe by showing that she always feels good and safe, she never gets hurt, she’s never afraid, she’s perfect to them. And obviously, she loves her country and wants to protect it; her own safety is far less important than the safety of the country.

Also, this is just a theory on my part, but I believe she streams her battles and treats them as a game because it’s just another way to make the country feel safe, by giving them a false sense of security because these battles aren’t to be considered “real”. Pretend it’s all a game and watch the world’s best gamer do what she does best: win. Logically, everyone knows this is reality, but it’s always easier to escape into a fantasy in order to protect oneself. The way D.Va is treated alone seems to show a disconnect between South Korea and the serious threat of destruction that no one wants to remember.

1 Like