Were those Omnics REALLY Kishin?

I may be wrong, but if you look at the Lucioball map for Busan, you can see some sort of shimmering light which looks a bit like a forcefield or something. So perhaps they do have some form of final defenses but there’s no real way to tell at the moment.

1 Like

but that is my issue - if she is ‘last’ defence line… why she is always first defence line?
and i think that she doenst stream, because audience would know that their first and last defense line barley won 2 times … i dont think that people would accept this kind of russian roulette with fate when omnic slaughter machine hold the gun in front of their face

and why she has such strong commitment?
is it because of her family?

they calculate, they have metal hands with receptors and a hard drive in their head
they can be reprogrammed like bastion was - notice how he is switching his programming… even torbiorn is suprised
and well over half of OW roster think of omnics as ‘just bots’, mass produced advanced tools

yes - in lore it is stated that they have awareness… but they are not natural like humans or animals with brain, that if you will try to poke too hard - you will kill it

you can poke omnic brain as many times as you want

i think that we also need some more clarification on this subject, because mondatta going out to public, talking platitudes like he was programmed by 8 years old doesnt solve this issue

do zenyatta think? … no
as he him self said
does submarine swim?
swimming is thing that only living creatures do… subarine does not swim, tho it is moving on and underwater

for person who doesn’t know how submarine operate (because he just time warped from antiquity) it could appear that submarine swim

We calculate. We have fleshy hands with receptors & a brain in our heads.
Bastion reprograms HIMSELF!
Just because they think so, it’s true despite evidence to the contrary?

Again, it doesn’t matter that they have been gifted awareness through artificial means, they still have it!
Yes, but if I correctly apply stimuli to your brain in certain ways, I can make you suddenly cry or laugh or tell me all your darkest secrets, almost like I reprogrammed you. Talk about missing the point.

How were Mondatta’s “platitudes” programmed? & how would a supposedly advanced AI be even deemed acceptable to be written by someone unskilled at the job? Why would someone program one Omnic to feel strongly about Omnic rights & equality? That’s stupid.

You are also aware that a core part of Omniums’ & Omnics’ initial programming was self-improving algorithms? So despite their initial programming, they are made to be able to grow & learn & develop & all the other things that a human does, despite their differing starting points in life.

Haha why would Zen prove that he doesn’t think? He believes very much the opposite & you have again missed the point. The purpose of that analogy is that you CAN say that a submarine swims, so you CAN say that Zen thinks, despite the differences between how that thought is performed.
If Zen knew he didn’t think, why would he continue to question the world around him or even just exist? How is the analogy for the idea of what makes humans human even there if Zen doesn’t think? Oh wait, it’s not. Yawwwwwwwwwn.

Maybe, but I don’t expect that is something that will be answered or resolved. Definitely not any time soon or with any kind of video, comic, or piece of content. It’s a great thing for speculation if that’s what you like, though.

I haven’t seen it in that map, but I have seen the shimmer in the Meka Base point in Koth Busan. It would make sense they have at least that (they do have what looks like a hard light runway), but I would hope the city has more protection than that.
There’s a lot of things in that short that make me question how serious the threat is seen by the authorities…

2 Likes

pls add a coward police character to juxtapose all the sincere and chaotic characters.and stop trying to make doomfist into lex luther make him a badass

Dang, really sucks that there’s more lore in a random forum thread then there was in an entire cinematic…

if it was over, Blizzard would be out of lore.