We won't get new content till ow2 releases?

That’s what I got from how Jeff talked about them having to work on ow2.

Then we will have the shared stuff, but think about it. If the game releases a year from now and has, like 3-4 new heroes and more new maps then we’d have got that anyway were they updating this one.

I don’t see the benefit gained for the next gap year for us.

I’d love to pay a small fee like WoW has or buy expansions if that means they update this one frequently. I don’t see how waiting for this new game will be a benefit for those that want to play new ow content before ow2 comes out.

7 Likes

We will get cosmetics and a few features but… that’s about it, it seems.

Oh, and apparently a hero will come out before OW2 releases?

(Source is Alphacast)

1 Like

We hopefully get some major balance changes as well, because playing tank is just so bad right now.

I don’t see how it would be worth it to all players to wait x time for a new game, i hope they don’t skip on hereo releases and maps.

next week we’ll get “simultaneous multi queue” options on the PTR

So basically massive dev silence until OW 2?

1 Like

no, I’m getting the feeling that regular updates will come to overwatch just like before. remember, role queue was a massive project that recently dropped.

we’ll probably get some great QoL within the next 3 to 4 months

Yeah, Jeff already said the devs will be going dark after Blizzcon.

7 Likes

Judging by the last 2 years, promises don’t mean much nowadays so it’s best to keep expectations low for this game.

Darn, well that’s gonna suck for the base game.

1 Like

1 new hero half way through next year I guess

Its not like they’ve been going dark already though

This still sucks

Yeah just take my money and give us a new support /tank , map!
I would pay every month if it would mean that we get some cool content at least every 2-3 months…

They’ll just be even more silent. This is the first Blizzcon without a hero release, so now there’s no telling when they’ll be released.

You could always support their endeavors by buying stuff from their shops. Or play other games in the meantime.

I am a little confused. They are working on new maps and heroes, that both work in OW1 and OW2, but they can’t release them while working on OW2…because reasons?

1 Like

Because Overwatch 1 will be moving over to “2” PvP wise as an update, the PvE is the paid part.

So why can’t we get the new heroes and maps?

1 Like

Because they’ve made on the updated engine. “Overwatch 1” isn’t really going to exist anymore.

So it’s impossible to add new stuff until we have the new engine? Because if we actually get a new hero before then, that would put a big hole in that logic.

Who’s gonna play the game in a year+ if all we get until then is 1 hero… RIP

2 Likes