"We Will Train Machines to Ban Offmeta Heroes!"

Anyway my friends, it is midnight, and I’m working in…6 Hours. The scripts wont write themselves for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ll see how you will react when it backfires at you specifically for no apparent reason. I guess you won’t be happy.

And remember, the machine knows better than you when you are griefing and using “abusive chat” or “gameplay sabotage”, as you can see here:

The premise that players don’t realize that they are using abusive chat or that they are griefing and that the machine knows better then you, is just preposterous.

when teammates see player is trying to cooperate they will not report him. If they are jerks - they will. Machine analyzing will not make things worse - they were jerks and false reports even before machine analyzing.

What about the people like me who are new, just don’t have the skill, one are returning and are kinda rusty? Should they be banned too?

1 Like

Looks like somebody can’t keep it in civil form. Guess you have suffered for abuse chat reports. Bye.

1 Like

You will play with people of the same skill and they will not notice the difference.

I don’t understand what is not civil about that, but i changed it just for you. If you are going to ignore everything i said and just resort to not wanting to continue the discussion, so be it. Have a nice day.

And by the way, i’ve never been actioned in game for anything.

Or it could just be something to keep you occupied while they keep ignoring reports.

What do you mean? :thinking:

Only thing is, I have. In fact, I’ve suffered from being put against a good number of Smurfs who are using skills that I have yet to master and tricks that I don’t even know exist.

And that still ignores the fact that people abuse the report feature. People report people for so many reasons, most of which make no sense. Some people are toxic. It’s just how some people are.

I start to understand how deep lore of overwatch, and why “omnic crisis” exist.

3 Likes

nothing stops them ftom abusing it without machine learning. Machine learning will just remove some false reports.

1 Like

Oh man … the end is nigh !

1 Like

I mean there is nothing more optimal than an illusion of a system, because it doesn’t cost anything to build.

Don’t get me wrong I am not saying test it to find out, I am generally never toxic and don’t plan to be. But if they really took all that much action everytime someone filled out a report there would be no more toxic people left right?

1 Like

You aren’t wrong. What we have now is an illusion more than what is to come though. I am not saying there won’t be benefits, there will be, huge benefits. But it will come with a great risk i wish could be avoided, this is why i made this topic.

Here is a twist for you, what if the majority is toxic? then the reporting system becomes a tool governed by toxicity and this is why it doesn’t go away. Here is a thing to think about :slight_smile:

So Machine Learning isn’t always just a ruleset, it is Neural Network working with probabilities. So the learning is based on the code actually reading/observing interaction and outcomes. You’re right that it won’t ever understand context, but it will look at outcomes until the desired outcome is achieved. There will be mistakes as it learns but eventually it will be rare that an outcome that is undesired will be reached. How they implement this is a different story. We’re not talking about IBM’s Watson here.

1 Like

So ban people who have low stats that are getting reported…?

So ban anyone who isn’t good at their hero?

Because I’m not good at certain heroes and get reported for it, despite doing my best to win and not throwing.

1 Like

Yes, i agree completely.

Currently, the reporting system is set up as a self policing tool for the community, the toxic thing is what is voted to be toxic, not what is actually toxic.

Now what they are doing, is implementing algorithms to aid the community in detecting bad behaviour, and bad behaviour has nothing to do with actual bad behaviour, it has to do with what is perceived as bad behaviour. Perception and reality is not the same thing.

On top of that, it is assumed that the community doesn’t abuse the reporting system, which is a false assumption. They said the new system will help to detect false reports, while this is true, its not true for all false reports.

It will detect false reports in a sense that the person being reported for a thing, doesn’t follow the general pattern.

But there is bad practice adopted by the majority, for example reporting hanzo players because they don’t want hanzo’s on their team.

Now this “false reporting” isn’t false, because it is the pattern that is governed by the majority, suddenly false reporting becomes not false because the majority engages with it and it matches the pattern that the majority sets.

Now hanzo players that are being reported for griefing because they play hanzo and people don’t want hanzos on their team, are considered as griefers.

Wraxu, one of the best hanzos out there, in the entire world, was banned for griefing because he mains(not one tricks) hanzo. This is a good indication of how bad things are.

2 Likes

I do not deep know what is machine lerning, but maybe:
IF (second_support IS hanzo) AND (katana_dude IS needhealing) THEN instantBan(torb).
EDIT: tbh i think this system will not end well, or nobody will chat…
EDIT 2: REMOVE “poor teamplay” it’s literally makes no sense.

1 Like