"We Will Train Machines to Ban Offmeta Heroes!"

Well…he actually WAS bad. He did very little, maybe he was having a bad game, maybe luck (my widow story) was just not with him, maybe he pressed W, when he should have pressed D…

He shouldnt be BANNED however, just because a 3 stack says ‘report this guy he sucked’ and they report him for Game Play sabotage.

4 Likes

They write “bad dps” in the text box, but the machine can’t read and its not conscious, all it sees is gameplay sabotage category.

Nobody said it will take stats into account, all they said is that it will be driven(is what i got) by the reports. It will work with reports given by the player. Great. It’s horrifying.

well, I have different opinion in this case. If player see he is performing bad and he doesn’t switch - yes, it’s stupid onetricking and should be penalized. It’s not ban usually, just 1 day suspension.

I didnt mention anything about switching. He did switch, several times, but he was just having a bad game.

2 Likes

Anyway my friends, it is midnight, and I’m working in…6 Hours. The scripts wont write themselves for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ll see how you will react when it backfires at you specifically for no apparent reason. I guess you won’t be happy.

And remember, the machine knows better than you when you are griefing and using “abusive chat” or “gameplay sabotage”, as you can see here:

The premise that players don’t realize that they are using abusive chat or that they are griefing and that the machine knows better then you, is just preposterous.

when teammates see player is trying to cooperate they will not report him. If they are jerks - they will. Machine analyzing will not make things worse - they were jerks and false reports even before machine analyzing.

What about the people like me who are new, just don’t have the skill, one are returning and are kinda rusty? Should they be banned too?

1 Like

Looks like somebody can’t keep it in civil form. Guess you have suffered for abuse chat reports. Bye.

1 Like

You will play with people of the same skill and they will not notice the difference.

I don’t understand what is not civil about that, but i changed it just for you. If you are going to ignore everything i said and just resort to not wanting to continue the discussion, so be it. Have a nice day.

And by the way, i’ve never been actioned in game for anything.

Or it could just be something to keep you occupied while they keep ignoring reports.

What do you mean? :thinking:

Only thing is, I have. In fact, I’ve suffered from being put against a good number of Smurfs who are using skills that I have yet to master and tricks that I don’t even know exist.

And that still ignores the fact that people abuse the report feature. People report people for so many reasons, most of which make no sense. Some people are toxic. It’s just how some people are.

I start to understand how deep lore of overwatch, and why “omnic crisis” exist.

3 Likes

nothing stops them ftom abusing it without machine learning. Machine learning will just remove some false reports.

1 Like

Oh man … the end is nigh !

1 Like

I mean there is nothing more optimal than an illusion of a system, because it doesn’t cost anything to build.

Don’t get me wrong I am not saying test it to find out, I am generally never toxic and don’t plan to be. But if they really took all that much action everytime someone filled out a report there would be no more toxic people left right?

1 Like

You aren’t wrong. What we have now is an illusion more than what is to come though. I am not saying there won’t be benefits, there will be, huge benefits. But it will come with a great risk i wish could be avoided, this is why i made this topic.

Here is a twist for you, what if the majority is toxic? then the reporting system becomes a tool governed by toxicity and this is why it doesn’t go away. Here is a thing to think about :slight_smile: