We should ban the Moira Popcorn pic

It’s hardly, if ever, used to put any effort into the conversation. This might be the only conversation it’s relevant in.

There’s hardly a time where this picture/meme would be used appropriately with positivity and respect.

Edit:

Look at you all. Conversation isn’t ever going to happen. This is just stupid how it’s turning out.

RIP this thread – You lived a total of 15 minutes before being ruined. Trying to actually have a conversation on these forums is just impossible.

Sorry for saying something about it.

Edit 2: Well, would you look at that. It’s been almost a full month since I’ve seen the popcorn meme. Looks like Blizzard doesn’t like it either at all.

37 Likes

I wish I was trust level 3 just so I could put it here

140 Likes

Great, you summoned it.

12 Likes

I lost my trust level 3.

:frowning:

6 Likes

376 Likes

no u

27 Likes

For once, I agree

20char

2 Likes

Implying memes in general are positive and respectful. Pretty sure most of them are offensive humour.

15 Likes

Sorry, it’s just too perfect a chance.

(Edit from here on).

See - this is kind of what you wanted, OP. Someone to prove your point, I might as well actually contribute and make mine.

Excluding this use here, which is just for the sake of annoyance, Moria’s popcorn is seldom posted in discussions that would have gone anywhere. I try to reserve it for obvious troll posts, such as “Nerf X” or “Buff Y” when it is clear the hero needs neither. (One of my all time favourites (Which I did not popcorn at the time, due to being level 2) was one arguing that moria’s needs to be REMOVED because of the DPS morias. Such posts are bait and add nothing, hence I respond in kind.

Perhaps that is the wrong thing to do, and I ought to ignore the troll post. But at the same time, troll mentalities can be problematic, people can take them seriously and waste time arguing with them. Moria’s popcorn is often an indication not to bother with the post. This is your problem, it’s used to shut down conversations, but troll posts aren’t conversations, they’re the opposite. They can’t be shut down because they didn’t start up.

Sorry again.

140 Likes

I think we need more moira popcorn.

150 Likes

I like the popcorn meme, actually. Cause Moira throws the balls of energy around. Also, the whole “eating stuff while watching entertaining stuff” started with D.Va’s gaming emote, as I recall. You know, where she’s wolfing down chips and soda while playing a game. Is that really so different from this Moira one?

10 Likes

I mean, being funny and being disrespectful towards OP are 2 seperate concepts.

Most of the moira memes put in this are just trying to be funny (all of them failing for atleast me). But when OP is trying to make an actual point with a 3 paragraph argument and is actually giving a crap about what gets posted, even if it’s controvercial, someone just puts the Moira meme in the comments and they all the new ones just go to crap.

1 Like

Big meanie. You’re post is going to get nerfed

2 Likes

No Moira’s Popcorn is too salty for bans.

8 Likes

That’s why you drink it down with refreshing Coca-Cola. Or Pepsi-Cola.

1 Like

96 Likes

She’ll run out before the movie ends. Poor Moira.

15 Likes

Ban??? Breathes heavily

12 Likes

It is actually a good way to lose your level 3 privileges. If someone flags your post as trolling and the mod deems the post as such, they can downgrade your level to prohibit you from posting anymore pictures.

I know it is the twitch chat response to be provocative when asked not to provoke, but I also know you guys probably spent time earning your privileges—so be mindful of the context and only post your popcorn in good spirit.

5 Likes

Her popcorn recharges after damaging a Genji, she’ll be fine.

6 Likes