We need a ban wave for the huge recent aimbot wave

Aimbots are in all ranks now. Something new must have come out, its super terrible and so frustrating. Wall tracking, snapping, 100% aimbots.
Please, please, do something about it. Do hardware bans or something, this is really getting out of hand…

20 Likes

Blizzard is sending cease and desist letter to cheat creator. That means there will be less cheater out there. Still surprised by how many cheater you see, in 4 years I have seen like 6 of them.

4 Likes

I actually did get my second “Green Action taken against cheater” card on Saturday.

The guy was hard aim locking on tracer and his Widow shots were just unreasonable.

Like, I’ll be the first to admit that I’m terrible at widow, but I’m starting to see the difference between being outplayed, Smurfed on, or someone hacking.

Pretty much, if you slow the replay down to .25 and the flick shot is just as fast as it would be at normal speed, that’s where I start busting out the report post…

Edit: That’s not always a tell tale sign but… I’ve only ever gotten 3 of those green report cards so… Hard to say. :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

If you’d have asked me last year how many blatant cheaters I’d seen, I would have agreed with you. But recently, diamond+ is plagued with them.

Good news is I constantly get the green ‘thanks for reporting’ cards so they are actively banning them. Bad news is that they can just buy new accounts and continue on. I don’t think there’s a real good solution, though.

4 Likes

I’ve only got one so far. At least i know that green is when they take action against cheaters.

1 Like

As absurd as it sounds. In my 4 years of overwatch I have never ran across an aimbotter.

In 4 years did you even play 20 games? Cheaters galore but then again the in-game engine tries to dda and lag-comp people’s aim server-side. Some of these accnts don’t even realize the server is giving their sloppy aim the benefit of the doubt.

1 Like

Yep I had 2cheaters in my <500 matches last night. Brand new burner accounts with derpover names like garlicbread and tacorelish. Flagged them for review and got the thank you logging in today.

1 Like

I played well over 600 hours the past few years. From bronze to master I haven’t seen a cheater. The only time I did was in quick play.

3 Likes

Maybe you just can’t recognize them. I upload vods of them all the time and get tons of thank yous.

4 Likes

Well you can see it by yourself when ”banwave” happened bcoz in few days after that games will be -50% sale :grin:

5 Likes

I watch all my replays, kill cam and other. I can assure you that I saw no cheater. If there was they were getting bullied but there wasn’t.

1 Like

I mean… I’m assuming it’s the same as any other report ticket. You have to be accused of cheating so many times but in this case, maybe someone goes back to analyze the game somehow. Hard to say really…

Don’t engage with that clown. Tired of his nonsense tbh. Pretty much anyone who can land 1/10000 flick shots is a cheater in his eyes…

2 Likes

I’ll continue I’m bored out of my mind in classes, it’s fun.

3 Likes

Lol… Fair… I just can’t :joy:

3 Likes

In order to run across an aimbotter, you have to play well enough for them to bother toggling on.

Actually that was the other Parent Company - Activision; who sent out the cease and desist letter(s) for the CoDMWR cheat that was going around.

You have to know what to look for. The younger generation of players have a harder time recognizing the human-like aimbots and generally only see the snap-to-target and hardlock aimbots. You likely have seen others, just didnt recognize them. Plenty of ways to identify hacks, i.e. Micro-Snaps, Crosshair shaking erratically, hitscan edge tracking targets from behind and micro-snapping hits, pharahs and junkrats tracking ahead of targets also softlocking the legs of hitboxes; the list goes on.

Likely because those cheats are outdated and/or free trials. The current active cheats seem to have a limited time usage; no i dont use cheats, i prefer to research and keep up-to-date on information alone. At least one of them from what im told flags the user if they try to circumvent the trial period, which could lead to a lot of the fast caught Green Reports some get.

Uh, not really… Basic mind of the cheater is to just cheat to ease the stress of playing and reduce the difficulty. Any cheater will cheat for various reasons. Sure someone could cheat because they dont want to be out matched and progress, but that would be like 1 of 1000 cheaters. I would say that 48% of the cheaters alone cheat for competitive edge, not to win but rather give themselves a performance boost; then you have another 48% are those boosting accounts making money; then the other 4% are miscellaneous including what you mentioned.

Isn’t there also a patent for latency-based matchmaking?

A few people have documented playing with the same ~100 people across many months of gameplay, despite there being thousands of other available players, and the futility of adjusting SR based on such a tiny player pool. Based on in-game conversations, I’ve never met any player in a comp match who lives within 50 miles of me in the northeast US, and I’ve interacted with many players who credibly claim to be in South America or Russia. We can’t possibly have similar ping without something crazy going on.

HotS has a setting for the matchmaking server – you can do east or west (US), or let it choose automatically. I’d love to be able to do that in Overwatch, just to see what happens to match quality and the number of low-level accounts obviously using aimbots.

Is there a safe way to alter your ping so that you can get into a different bracket? If my latency is usually around 50, I wonder what I could do (without cheating) to put it solidly at 70.

1 Like

No trust me I know how they look. Still only saw 6 of them in 4 years.

1 Like

Ther eis no patent, its just how the general coding of match making works. Its been used in Lobby style match making since early 2000’s with games like Rakion, Gunbound, etc. A lot of them were Korean based since they started the Lobby Matching. It pools the closest latency group to the host, in OW case their regional match server, and goes from there. Usually it grabs who is within 20ms of the server, then increases in increments of 10-15ms until the lobby has met its criteria of player count. Its about player availability.

So if some players are consistently encountering the same 100 players in 20+ matches, its likely because they keep re-queueing at the same time as soon as they finish each match.