We need a ban wave for the huge recent aimbot wave

Maybe… but on the other side how often i was called a cheater makes me thing people are seeing cheaters were no one is.

Said that, i encountered two or three since open beta of OW. And a friend of mine mentioned he saw some more.

There are some smart ones that do not keep aimboting active all the time. If they do that right you basically cannot detect such if you are not very lucky.

2 Likes

Latency is one of the variables that the matchmaker can turn off if a player is judged to be not having enough fun, and this is included in the details of the matchmaking patent that made the news years ago:

https://charlieintel.com/additional-details-activisions-new-matchmaking-patent/44189/

If latency is a key matchmaking parameter, then I definitely want to know what my matches would be like if the system thought I had a substantially different ping.

1 Like

That is Activisions Patent, not Blizzard’s… :man_facepalming:

They use that for CoDMWR…

I havent see one yet

Very much same. When I checked just earlier during placements (I’m a total numbers person, I love going over statistics) I remember seeing 560 or so hours in comp total. I don’t have a single memory of running into a cheater. They certainly exist, just never been unfortunate enough to have a comp match ruined by one.

At most there have been matches where someone calls out somebody for cheating, but watching the replay it’s obvious they’re just upset.

1 Like

That’s not how lag compensation works. You have to click the target that is on your screen for it to be even considered a hit on the server. The server will then allow the hit to go through if it’s reasonable.

1 Like

That’s the lag compensation part (for hitscan, not projectile). And there are several other components to the dda.

Oh geez, our latest ban wave just wiped out a third of our population. Lets have a sale to get some fresh blood in here. What do you mean all the banned people are buying new, discounted accounts?

Crazy how people assume others cheat sometimes. Like they say you just crouch and hit all your shot right after ans they are like stop toggling. But like in master and gm there is suppose to be a lot of cheater but my friends and I see none.

1 Like

Yes, that is how Bli$$ard makes money… And im not even joking bcoz that is fact.

1 Like

Some are, but it looks like most of them are buying level 25 accounts from third-party resellers, and that’s $0 for Blizzard. Also $0, but in a different way: some people bought a ton of accounts a long time ago and just go to the next when one gets banned.

2 Likes

Once came across a whole six stack which included an aimbot zen, rien, and a zayra that was always shooting way to far away with her beam or way to close for here nades.

Be it that was a once in a life time kind of thing for me.

1 Like

There is a good solution. Blizzard’s dev team is just too lazy or not skilled enough to implement it.

2 Likes

Hopefully Blizzard does eventually go with the route Riot took with vanguard, especially if they’re trying to go f2p

Blizz doesn’t care a whole lot about hardware bans. They ban this account and that account and allow them to buy a new copy of the game and boom they keep making $$$$$$$$$$. They start doing hardware bans and the they can kiss OW goodbye as the OWL will not be able to sustain them.

1 Like

Why the toxicity all of a sudden?

1 Like

lol that doesn’t mean anything. none of these cheats are made in the U.S. and blizzard hasn’t done jack to stop it in game.

Yeah well the only thing you can do now is report the cheater and get them banned.

1 Like

It takes what like 50 or 100 reports for something to happen though lol good luck with that

Cheaters gets banned. That’s the point. Not how many times people need to report them. You don’t even need a lot of reports anyway.

1 Like