"we have 6 new support and tank heroes in development"

Yeah, well I’m not willing to wait several years for them to come out.

Overwatch has never had enough tank or support heroes to choose from, and most of them play more like a “dps lite” these days - their main focus is either on killing, or enabling someone else to get kills. The goals of their actual role is treated as a side-effect, or a secondary goal.

I originally joined Overwatch because I loved the idea of playing heroes who protected their team from harm, and rescued them when the going got tough.

Nearly all of the heroes who originally played like that have either been reworked or nerfed specifically so they can’t do that anymore.

Almost every support and tank hero that’s been added since then focuses more on being appealing to dps players instead of trying to appeal to the actual tank and support players.

I’m losing patience with this game. How much longer do the devs expect tank and support players to wait for their role to be fun again, before we all switch to dps or quit?

348 Likes

I barely played when they did the double support ban this past week. I’m uninstalling.

101 Likes

It won’t take several years; it’ll very likely be this year.

And they never said Echo would be a support, people just got hyped for nothing.

31 Likes

I was expecting her to be a healer and when I seen live stream smh.

60 Likes

Nah, its still good news.
I have best boy Sigma, I can wait.

6 Likes

I think it depends on when OW2 comes out. If OW2 launches this spring around the time anniverssary is, then I can wait. if it launches in December after Blizzcon, that’s way too long.

It honestly might be better for the health of the game if they release all the new heroes at Anniverssary regardless of if OW2 is ready and just release OW2 a few months later when it’s done. Creates more life and hype for the game.

48 Likes

If attack and defense were still separate categories, no one would be complaining.

24 Likes

I see you complaining and threatening to quit all the time so what’s new?

I’m happy to hear that there are 6 new support and tank heroes in the pipeline.

They would still be complaining. Even though outside of Widowmaker the other defense heroes have basically been the redheaded stepchildren of Overwatch.

20 Likes

We have Overwatch 2 coming out later this year or early next year… how is that YEARS away? Why are the forums always so dramatic?

24 Likes

We already waited 7 months for a new hero…

31 Likes

Sojourn will be probably a better female version of Soldier, so our healer choice decrease with OW2.

7 Likes

I mean yes, but we knew that. Also 7 months is not a year. It is still not multiple years 1 year from now. The time to be mad about the content drought between now and OW2 was when they said it would happen 4 months ago.

2 Likes

Overwatch 2 probably going to have 30 DPS and 9 tanks.

72 Likes

I know it’s sarcasm but I laugh at this.

3 Likes

Yeah we’ve heard that development line before. They probably have 13 dps in development, too.

71 Likes

Is it though? Did we see any new tanks in the OW2 material so far?

8 Likes

I just don’t understand they they had to release Echo if she was a DPS now. They couldn’t have released one of their supports they’re working on. Hell even another tank would have been better than another damage character.

67 Likes

Blah blah blah.

This game needed new tanks and supports now. Instead they release another DPS with the queue times already being terrible for DPS.

25 Likes

Really we have no idea til it go to beta.

great meme

Post must be at least 20 characters

7 Likes