We got Reinhardts dying in two frames, bros

I get you, but what about the rest of my point?

I don’t see why you’re ignoring my point, and then asking me the question again. If you weren’t ignoring me you would have your answer in the form of my opinion.

GIVE EVERYONE MEKAS

8 Likes

Sorry I must have missed it. From what I read my question was what should be changed to make things how they “should be” in your eyes?

You said (essentially) tanks shouldn’t be able to blow up like that, so what should change?

There was that game called gundham evolution but i don’t know what happened to it hehe

1 Like

I’ll just reiterate my point then: I see tanks dying fast, and I see tanks all across the board complaining, so I think damage itself has to be looked at. If that requires a revert of the stupid health and hitbox changes than so be it.

It shut down, I think.

Or I could dust off this idea from August 2021, where I anticipated SoloTank might be too vulnerable to headshots from Snipers.

Maybe make that 30% and bundle it with this?

Relevant Flats clip

Just goes to show they didn’t actually touch burst damage enough

Why can widow still 1 shot
Why can sojourn 2 tap
Why can torb 2 tap
Why can hanzo 2 tap

Im still dying to stuff I cant even see or react to. Dying to 2 shots 0.5 seconds apart is no different than dying to 1 shot instantly. There still is no time to react to a large amount of burst

They were supposed to remove 1 and 2 shots from the game yet they are still everywhere in every game. Dps need their dmg nerfed unless we want to keep buffing everyones health

1 Like

It sounds too much. But it is an ult (window).

Ever since immorts were added to the game, tracking ults has slowly dwindled in our minds. People do still understand its important, but seems to be not as important as it was pre 2019 imo. Bap window is a huge ult a tank player needs to keep track of and expect it.

Thing is it was doable to share the tracking of ults between 2 tank players. Now 1 tank player has to track 5 ults instead of 2 players tracking 6 between them. So much more draining on the brain.

Saying that. Discord needs a hard nerf. Or tank passive needs a buff to work on every single debuff in the game if we’re going to keep forcing solo tank.

It’s a Bap ult though. He was in a great position for the Bap to ult on him, the Bap did, and he got obliterated. Anyone short of a grasping Sig or matrixing D.Va might get instantly obliterated. Flats’ point seems to be that there needs to be counterplay to everything in every situation - but the situation matters.

And I guarantee he found the result of Bap ults a lot less offensive when he was coordinating one-hit window-amped firestrikes with his support, prior to season 9. Those poor 200HP heroes never had a chance, Flats! How could you abuse such an immoral mechanic?

It’s an ult. Ults are meant to upset the normal cadence of the game. He’s sad about this one because the victim was playing Reinhardt.

4 Likes

So Reinhardt getting healed with Moira ult should have mattered by that logic, but it didn’t. Are only offensive ults the ones that are supposed to upset the cadence of the game?

Yeah, same to you. What about him being supported with an ult? Does that not matter because damage just IS supposed to win? A full health reinhardt with shield and being pocketed by a healing ult should just die in two frames to almighty damage?

1 Like

Well not Moira’s lol

Supported by an inferior ult. Coal both heals and damages so it’s potential in both is not as great as say, Transcendence that solely heals. Or Illari bomb that solely damages.
Window power is much stronger than Coalescence. This was an interaction pre season 9 before the DPS passive change. You could kill through coal with window before this season.

I have seen that clip of Transcendence do nothing against Bastion turret though, which trans is meant to be the god of healing ults. So perhaps should support healing ults halve the effect of the DPS passive? Or overlook the passive altogether since it’s an ult? That’s a possibility.

This is a sweeping change they made, we should expect there is going to be more fine tuning going forward with it.

This is true for damage boosts, but discord is a debuff that increases damage taken. Ergo, my math is correct.

3 Likes

But… but if we stopped that, what would GreyFalcon post about?

i watched that video you posted…i have some questions about his rankings…

curious about 2:

he puts illari in the bottom of the tier list…now…the reason why i ask is because…she occupies a unique position of being able to set her pylon and rely on it to do the majority of her healing while she engages in a lot of dps… is that not valuable?

and the other one is Ana, he rates her really low…again, is nade and sleep dart not valuable enough? she can stand back and do a lot of damage and healing, as long as she’s not being harassed by dive…

just curious…

So, this is neither of your faults, but I want to point out that the logic here is “Ultimates are supposed to be dramatic and cause sweeping changes. But not Moira’s lol”. The only people at fault for that is Blizzard, but I’m obviously not going to sit here and go “Oh, okay, it wasn’t enough for a full health tank to use a damage mitigation ability AND be supported by an ult because that’s the wrong support ult”.

Its not enough for it to be an ultimate, it has to be the right ultimate? Thanks blizzard.

Okay so if I Pulse Bomb a Reinhardt and he doesn’t die (because Pulse Bomb only does 300 damage, which is then reduced by his armor), does that make Pulse Bomb a bad ult, or does that make sticking a full HP Rein a poor use of Pulse Bomb?

It’s the latter.

The Flats clip is a good use of window with full team participation - huge value - and the Coal was not going to help anything in that situation.

It’s okay! It’s okay that if I stick a Kiriko who just used jump and bell that she dies, and it’s okay that if I stick her with either cooldown up, she probably lives.

Context matters, especially with ults. Baptistes have used window and gotten nothing out of it, and Moiras have gotten 5ks off good Coals. They just never healed their team through a grav-dragon with it, 'cause that’s not what it does.

3 Likes

Widow can achieve this as well. This happened to me when I was playing Ramattra last season

Suffice to say I went to play another game after that

This has to be satire… pure satire. We can all see that this Rein tried to shield hop in front of the window. Granted, yes, damage can be a problem - occasionally. I can guarantee he had a better chance of living if he didn’t drop his shield there. It was a miscalculation and a bet. He lost the bet.

Even with window up, they can’t crit a barrier. He was already close enough to get in front of the window. Just keep the shield up… until it is safe to firestrike and melee

1 Like

Pretty much. As I mentioned, Transendence is solely healing, Zen is locked out from damaging and even applying new discords and harmony orbs. So that healing should be significant enough to outheal Window in many situations. I also mentioned the DPS passive seems to negate transcendence if there’s enough damage aka bastion, or in this case Window too.

Moira’s is both damage and healing, so it makes sense that it doesn’t heal as much as trans or do as much dmg as Illari’s. Moira’s ult is more of a team fight turner/winner with beaming down enemy targets, not a team fight saver, saving from burst damage.

Currently, beat is the best support ult for saving the team. It’s a burst of health that doesn’t interact much with the DPS passive. Which is likely one of the reasons Lucio is considered S rank if not A rank this season.

But I would be very open to seeing how support healing ultimate’s completely ignoring the DPS passive would turn out. Otherwise it just further incentivizes supports like Zen to use their ults selfishly, which many already do anyway.