We got a response on Mercy

Then what about all the Sym and Brigitte threads lately? Can’t have it both ways.

Who knows, they might change the nerf and nerf her in some other way. Or maybe they’ll buff her after seeing competitive data!

I’m not sure if you’re arguing with me about anything. I’m only disagreeing with the finality of your statements.

1 Like

Soldier 76 hasn’t had hundreds of thousands of posts talking about his balance in the last few months.

1 Like

During the Moth Meta, she was mandatory so people played her. Now she is not so nobody is “forcing” picking Mercy. They do it willingly.

1 Like

Tragic. We don’t care about how you specifically feel about her.

Mercy is fine. Blizzard thinks she is fine. It’s time for you to move on. The data proves it. Vague complaints about “fun” are not how heroes get balanced.

2 Likes

Well now you’re just adding conditions to your statement and ignoring the point that I made.

Should we listen to irrational complaints because they’re numerous?

2 Likes

Guys, Mercy being fun is not a very good argument because it is subjective.

A lot of people think she is fun and is in a great spot. She is in a great spot weather you think she is fun or not.

It’s a tricky situation.

3 Likes

Yeah, then close the megathread. The main post in that megathread is pretty much a lie anyway. The illusion that they are still interested in Mercy feedback when they aren’t interested in changes. Time to stop being silenced there and to be allowed to discuss the hero on the main forum should we wish, like any other hero has the privilege of doing.

What’s more frustrating however is they’ve left it for months before finally admitting in plain English that they don’t care about the feedback submitted, only win rate and pick rate. Wasted both members and forum staff time.

I don’t really want to get involved with this, but one of the reasons for her getting reworked in the first place was because she was deemed “unfun.” Many people thought that she was fun as 1.0 too. I do think it’s pointless to keep the mega open though, as they’ve already said they’re not changing her. I just wish they would’ve responded months ago.

1 Like

It’s really not tricky at all. Give me an option to play old Mercy, do whatever you want with her in competitive.

I mean wanting to wait is fine, but it is perfectly reasonable to assume that it’s gonna eventually come to Live.

It’s a pretty safe bet.

What they say? I’m sure it was along the lines if we think she is fine.

Except they aren’t irrational. Read some of those suggestions and complaints. No one wants her to be OP, but right now she’s just slow and boring.

3 Likes

Nice condescending tone there with the “tragic”. Really makes you look cool man!

Anyhow, that aside, she isn’t fine to the players and 5 months of mega threads and THOUSANDS of posts to back me up ontop of the youtube videos speaking on it and other social media. I am far from confident she is actually regarded as fine.

But in terms of moving on, SADLY YOU ARE ACTUALLY RIGHT. When the nerfs went through until Bridgette was about to go live and I saw the reaper skin I DID QUIT THIS GAME. I didn’t uninstall it because I have so much harddrive space but it would have been on the cutting block.

So unfortunately that is quite accurate.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

No, it wasn’t. She was reworked because her kit was fundamanetally flawed, forcing her to stop healing her team to go hide and make sure she didn’t die first (so she could get Resurrect value)

Go watch the developer update. It’s literally the first reason listed.

Problem is that suggestions mercy players make to make Mercy “More fun” are also highly problematic balance-wise.
EeveeA’s was ridiculous, even.
As for the MAJORITY of Mercy players finding her unfun:

She was reworked because DPS flankers weren’t doing their job and they got punished for it.

The one thing I’m confused by, is that now we know the opinion of the devs on the matter, for better or worse, why does the megathread still exist? It’s intended to collect feedback, but considering we now know the conclusion the feedback is unneeded by the devs.

1 Like