We got a response on Mercy

I do not enjoy Mercy anymore but I still play her because she is very much meta and I like winning. You also need to put the pick rates in context since we only have 2 viable main healers atm.

1 Like

Mercy isn’t the only hero that needs some changes. Unlike some other heroes, she’s at least working.

1 Like

they ARE ignoring her
they ARE ignoring what people are ACTUALLY saying about her

He makes a short little drive-by comment without listening to the grievances

And none of them have to do with her power or pickrate but with HOW she is played

that response was an insult and shows they do not listen

i do agree she should not be a priority at this moment,but they should actually listen to what people said,not answer a question no one asked

1 Like

Just becasue they don’t agree with you doesn’t mean they aren’t listening or reading feedback.

Then explain hog. He got nerfed because he was “unfun to play against” despite having perfectly balanced stats, and the pros/devs both said he was fine.

He was balanced but a small percentage of people, particularly the low ranks that were always out of position, got him nerfed. There’s no reason why a much bigger percentage of people asking for a “fun buff” to mercy shouldn’t get one

3 Likes

It originally wasn’t in the mega thread. Someone noticed that Jeff was active and made a separate thread asking for Mercy feedback. Jeff responded. The thread blew up, then Tom dumped it into the mega thread.

1 Like

I’d like to think so but sadly the forum profiles ‘read posts’ counters are a fairly large clue to the possibility that they aren’t reading the feedback. Jeff himself said pick rate and win rate were fine, doesn’t matter if Valkyrie feels weak to use or not. Only pick rate and win rate matter apparently.

Much of the feedback isn’t even talking about her viability, some of it is talking about how dull and/or weak Valkyrie feels as an ultimate. Short of Battle Mercy, it doesn’t feel like it has the potential for making ‘big-game making plays’. Jeff however fails to understand this concept for some reason and appears to remain obsessed mainly on pick rate and win rate which don’t tell us the true picture of how a hero is.

4 Likes

he doesnt SHOW he understands the issue

he said something about her being 3rd pickrate and left

that’s NOT adressing the issues.

Why was mercy 1st pickrate months ago?

because she was OP
Why is she 3rd now?
because she is still the best healer and you need her to win games.

If she wasnt fine being at number 1,why is she fine at number 3? its logic that doesnt make sense and shows they either ignore the complaints or just dont want to aknowledge them or just read nothing

if they wanna disagree,they can do so but please do it in MORE THEN 3 LITTLE PHRASES

They always say they engage with the audience,they dont actually seem to be doing that

1 Like

It wasn’t really much new. We know she’s well balanced. I guess all the new info was just “we aren’t planning to do anything to make her more fun” really.

If they aren’t then they should close the megathread and stop misleading anyone who reads the thread’s main post that claims they are reading feedback and appreciate it. If Mercy to them is fine then megathread should be closed, simple as that.

But that’s not really true unfortunately, if it were then they’d be discussing some of the feedback and actually looking into ways they can improve Overwatch. The megathreads have served no real purpose other than to waste time of both the members, those who took the time to come up with ideas and submit feedback and discuss it with other members, and the forum staff, who have been moving Mercy related discussions into the megathread on a daily basis.

3 Likes

What was the response? Can someone tell me please?

1 Like

Ahhh okay. Thank you very much. Kind of a shame to hear. IMO her ult needs some work.

Yes.

But i need to make this one thing clear: This doesn’t make me happy with her current state. Neither that does mean it’s okay for anyone to try and silence me by saying “Mercy is fine, stop complaining” or something similar.

I don’t care if they are not going to change Mercy based on feedback. I don’t care if they are not responding. I only care if someone is trying to tell me that it is wrong to have discussion about Mercy. I only care if someone tells me that i cant have opinion about it.

Just wanted to get this off my chest.

3 Likes

The question is what can they do to make her “more fun” without disrupting her current balance? And what about her current kit makes her so much more unfun than she was before her rework?

I’m not singling you out or anything like that, and keep in mind that I haven’t dug around the megathread for these answers. But as someone who does play a fair bit of Mercy myself, I simply don’t see what the outrage is about.

Shrug

Wasn’t really expecting anything else… well, aside from possibly a nerf. I guess there’s still time for that.

I will never like having rez on E, it’s just too powerful while still being an absolute kill-joy to perform. And I really wish they could go in a more unique direction with Valk than the “just hold the beam somewhere”. I know it won’t happen anytime soon. It’s not a deal breaker for me anyway, I’m more concerned about the toxicity the game seems to attract.

1 Like

I’ve mentioned it many times, but honestly, does it matter why I like what I like? I don’t expect other people to share or really understand my view, still feel how I feel.

Disrupting the balance is definitely an issue. I don’t really have a good answer on how to do changes that won’t mess it up. But I don’t want changes anymore. I don’t play competitive and I am totally fine with playing a casual mode with Mercy 1.0 that won’t affect balance.

And btw, there is a lot more Brigitte posts during last week or so than there has been Mercy posts during past month. These forums are suffocating to Brigitte posts these days. It’s really hard to talk about anything else here when every second post is about Brigitte.

Tell me, what topic is bad for these forums again and should be cleaned up to allow room for other topics?

And the best way to stop flooding the forums with mercy related posts is to make a post about mercy? Let’s just leave it be. We all knew they were happy with the changes.

I dunno why people feel that she is unfun, when she is does way more now than she did before she became “unfun”… I think the complaints are absurd.
That being said, I would like to see her Dual-Wield, so she always has her Pistol out. Staff in the off hand. Shift to swap between healing and Damage Boosting. That way she can try to defend herself while still doing her job.
That’s about all I think she could use, but otherwise, her kit and her play style are better than ever, and balanced.