We can all agree that Overwatch is an imperfect game

However, we cannot all agree why Overwatch is an imperfect game.

Give me your 3 reasons why you think Overwatch in an imperfect game.

Mine are:

1. Balancing process takes too long

2. Zero movement acceleration

3. Stagnation

5 Likes
  1. Lack of Communication
  2. Incompetent Reworks
  3. Bandaid fixes instead of actual balance changes (Role Queue, 2-2-2 for example)
23 Likes

Ohh, that’s a good one.

3 Likes
  1. No total mayhem
  2. Pve is gone (for now)
  3. No total mayhem
5 Likes

Thats the one big + imho. :sweat_smile:

• balance effort/reward value/potential value
  • differences in play (qp/comp) qp isn’t overwatch, we had off seasons exactly doing what it needs. Comp unranked.
  • i guess, hero ammounts, specific tank/support (but also dmg to a degree, if we look at the different play styles a dps can do aka flanker, hitscan etc.)
1 Like

While i love the game, there are undeniable flaws:

• PvE being limited time only
  • Lack of variety of purchasable weapons (just gold isn’t enough. They could’ve added extra stuff like silver, diamond, etc.)
  • Unnecessary buffs to heroes that are already broken and unnecessary nerfs for unusable heroes
  • They switched their main focus to Esports rather than the game itself which is a reason that can kill the game ( a moment of silence for HotS who died for this reason and the downsized team ;-; )
  • STILL NO VICTORY POSE FOR SYMMETRA’S WEAPON >:[
7 Likes
  1. Esports
  2. Boring rewards (gold guns lol?)
  3. Uninteresting appearance customization
3 Likes
  • Crappy community
  • Questionable balance patches

That’s pretty much it.

I think the game is quite good outside of those two major problems.

2 Likes
  1. It’s not Fantasy World: Dizzy.
1 Like
  1. Insisting on having dozens of playable characters with wildly different abilities and playstyles but requiring a ton of coordination between teammates to get anything done.

2. Balancing Heroes around the assumption that players won’t be good enough to exploit a given Hero’s potential to the degree they have repeatedly proven capable of.

3. Thinking they’re making a game “Competitive” if they just make every infinitesimal mistake hyper-punishing and literally game-enders.

BONUS: The role that ultimate abilities have taken in the game. The combat in this game is basically a formality because literally nothing matters once the ults start going off.

4 Likes
  1. Too few balance changes
  2. Too few content updates
  3. which both comes from not having a clear focus (whether the game shall be an ESport or casual game)
3 Likes

1 - Balancing around making Overwatch a spectator sport instead of a game.
2 - Devs never admitting fault, and then doubling down on mistakes.
3 - Obsession with buffing DPS heroes to try and fix every problem.

3 Likes
  1. Im not playing the game

2. Im still not playing the game

3. Oh! my que pop… aand we got a roadhog -.-

OW is a terrible game because it punishes poeple who try and become better with longer ques, and its an utopian idealistic design: the devs dont learn a thing from WOW and still expect equal tank:dps ratios, like theyre gonna change the world

Low tickrate server.
Shooters favor system. Plzz remove it.
Bugggg

Widowmaker needs buff then its good agiaaan.

1- Horrific balancing (I’m aware this is vague)
2- Horrendous communication
3- Excessive focus on/catering to OWL/eSport value over player experience

2 Likes

is imperfect because ana pirate has not the parrot in game.

1 Like

I’m gonna be honest:

I don’t have a lot of complaints. I like the system as it is. I think that ‘balance’ is the one thing I would question, but I also like that some characters get shafted while others get buffed… and then it happens vice versa. I like that some changes hurt characters but help others. I think the balancing is really not there to exist to make all characters equal… and I think that helps shake things up a little. Rein might be the exception to this.

It’s kind of both predictable and unpredictable…

I don’t really care about rewards or weapons for purchase and I didn’t buy OW for the PvE that I knew wasn’t going to be there.

I enjoy OW as is.

I agree with a lot of what you said but I think this process takes too long.

Perfect balance is impossible and we should embrace that fact. Shaking up the meta is a good thing is just doesn’t happen often enough.

1 Like
  1. Since when the game came out, everything is moving toward being faster.
    I miss the days of certain heroes having slower projectiles, firerates or movement speed, and I wish that Blizzard tried to maintain this but I know that philosophy it’s harder to balance around, hence what we have today. With that said I do appreciate the ABILITY cooldowns being quicker for some heroes; this has made the game feel a lot more dynamic.

2. Ults are not high-risk enough IMO. Some are, like Tracer and Winston, but not enough.

Overwatch is a wonderful game. These are just the two areas where I think the gameplay suffers a bit still.