We can all agree that Overwatch is an imperfect game

1 capture the flag isnt permanent
2 capture the flag comp isnt here
3 ayutthaya only isnt the only capture the flag mode

1. Overtuned mobility (eg. wrecking ball is a pure goats counter without goats existing anymore)
  2. Overtuned CC (Even after nerfs)
  3. Refusal to rework fundamentally problematic heroes until OW2 (eg. basion, symmetra)
1 Like
  1. the skill floor/ceiling hero designe doesn’t really work any more
  2. they abandoned some of the fundamental designes of OW
  3. single players have almost no impact on the match

Every game is imperfect

We can agree that no software ever developed on this planet is perfect.
The real problems, however, I see in the management level.

There is no such thing as a perfect anything.

If you mean this like in arena shooters, it doesn’t belong in OW.

Overwatch has zero movement acceleration.

While it makes the game feel responsive I feel like it causes far more issues than it is worth, even TF2 has a small amount of movement acceleration.

Like what? (20 chars)

Wait did they get rid of total mayhem?

No, it is just the last mayhem day was over a week ago

They need to have it in the arcade ALL the time :angry:

1. Not balancing properly for skill, by this I mean on an individual or team level. The game is too forgiving in some areas and it shows.

2. No proper progress for players, where are the community servers? where’s clan matchmaking? Why not have Community Pubs, Solo and Clan competitive matchmaking?

3. Too much emphasis on OWL and eSports…you need to make a good game first before dumping so much money and resources into something like this.

1 Like

- No game is perfect.

1. Initial design relied on meta-strategy of swapping characters and the hard counter concept, ignoring player psychology and attachment to characters as well as determination to win with said characters. This meta-strategy is not supported by the ultimate mechanic, setting up internal odds with said design. This has never been corrected.

2. Infrequent and haphazard balancing concerned more with e-sports viability and entertainment than with gameplay mechanics and balancing

3. Overuse of CC mechanics to counter high-mobility targets. This is offshoot of the first point, but one of the most egregious errors of that design philosophy.

Balancing. Netcode. Enlarged hitboxes.

Having zero movement acceleration causes problems for all of these.
Snipers for example cannot have the traditonal weaknesses of snipers in Overwatch due to zero movement acceleration.

Netcode can’t be predictive. Having zero movement acceleration means that the game has to heavily rely on favor the shooter. Any network problems can be extremely detrimental leading to things like no-reg.

Enlarged hitboxes are literally a necessity with zero movement acceleration. As there is no acceleration for movement, the animations for crouch, A-D spam etc are instant. Hitboxes might as well be teleporting side-to-side, which obviously can only be dealt with by enlarged hitboxes.

1 Like

I disagree, and the devs explained in detail in videos why things work like that. I think movement acceleration doesn’t belong in OW it would make it worse to play.

1. Incompatible game design meant for 6 stacks, and not complete strangers.

2. Broad draw of players from various different gaming backgrounds means nothing is ever right or pleases everyone, regardless of whats added or changed.

3. There’s no true way to ban or completely remove problematic players, whether it be cheaters, quitters, or objectively bad personalities. And so, their continued existence in-game tends to ruin the experience for other players.

I suppose I’m saying its largely a player-based issue then I guess lmao

Lies D’: Conker’s Bad Fur Day will always be perfect T_T

the autoban report system for sure is

1. Balance no game with a I might add FORCED e sports should sit around twiddling their thumbs for months on end until something is so hated they’re forced to do something
  2. Refusal of just letting bad players be bad and forcing others to try and play around them beating their heads in on a brick wall. Costing their team because there are no safeguards and feeding stacks heavily in favor of who doesn’t have dum dum on their side.
  3. Pretending their system isn’t broken when a person has literally proven they can sit in a corner ask people to report for cheating and get the account banned. Which opens the door to other aspects of reporting. How many reports for abusive chat stuck when it’s banter/average trashtalk or just even callouts but the person who reported it. Doesn’t like they died for not listening.