Want to move to PC, would this be good

I’m not interested in buying second hand so would be buying from Argos or somewhere similar and would not be able to build myself, budget is about £500-600 (yeah not much in PC terms) and came across this:

CPU and Memory:

• AMD Ryzen 5- 4600g processor.
  • Hex core processor.
  • Processor speed 3.7GHz with a burst speed of 4.2GHz.
  • 16 GB RAM DDR4.

Hard drive:

• 1TB SSD storage.

Graphics:

• Shared graphics.
  • AMD Radeon Vega 7.

I’m not looking for massive frames just perfectly stable 60 and mid to high graphics, would that do?

Ok guys I bought this one instead:

ADMI Gaming PC • AMD Ryzen 5 5500 • Nvidia RTX 3050 6GB DDR6 • 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 • 1TB NVME SSD • 500W PSU Bronze Rated • X= Black Mesh RGB Gaming PC Case • WiFi • Windows 11

Was made aware the original one wasn’t very good, also can delete thread now if any moderators about.

1 Like

I’d say get a better graphics card, but it would work for OW for sure.

4 Likes

I’ve seen a few with the 3050 in my price range would you recommend that over what’s in this?

Then you don’t need to spend anything try GFN’s free tier before you spend big on a computer that will be outdated in a few years! (I’d recommend check your connection quality at least)

:heartpulse:

1 Like

A 3050 will be several orders of magnitude better than Vega 7 integrated graphics on a 3 generation old CPU.

Also dont listen to hulk. Do not invest in cloud gaming.

3 Likes

I’m just saying the weakest thing in that setup in the graphics. It will be the first thing you upgrade. So if you can get a better card now, yes. Your money will tell you if you need it lol

Make sure it’s compatible with your board

1 Like

Listen to me: at least try GFN cloud gaming and you can potentially save so much money - don’t listen to people who have never tried GFN! (They don’t realize that it’s actually really good nowadays)

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So my other choice was this one:

ADMI Gaming PC • AMD Ryzen 5 5500 • Nvidia RTX 3050 6GB DDR6 • 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 • 1TB NVME SSD • 500W PSU Bronze Rated • X= Black Mesh RGB Gaming PC Case • WiFi • Windows 11

Would this be better then?

2 Likes

That one is going to be considerably faster, yes.

1 Like

I like the sound of that, thank you.

Hulk person I have used geforce now in the past would rather buy to own than pay a subscription, part of the reason I want away from console.

1 Like

Your setup will work just fine

That’s fair I can respect that my friend!

If you want an easy “gateway” from console into PC gaming and you definitely want your own hardware - the Steam Deck OLED or one of the Windows handheld PC’s are also a good choice…

Just remember you don’t have to get a desktop PC specifically unless you absolutely need one since there’s so much choice nowadays and so many great alternatives in today’s market…

Be aware that off-brand desktop gaming PC is almost certainly going to be noisy if fan noise is something that bothers you (like it does me)…

Something that really impressed me about this console generation is how quiet they are!

:+1:

1 Like

I’m dead set on PC, it’s not just for gaming but want it to do that when I choose and steam deck or the Onya don’t interest me, have a great desk, lovely monitor, gaming chair, sweet keyboard and mouse and erm, an Xbox.

1 Like

That’s totally fair just wanted to make sure that you’re aware of the alternatives good luck my friend!

:sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m a little worried about the fan noise comment, what do you mean by off brand and what would make it on brand?

1 Like

Sorry I’m not sure what the right term is but a lot of these PCs from random vendors can sometimes cheap out on parts like the fans, PSU etc…

ASUS is a very reputable brand and Razer, Alienware, Apple and such I would consider those on brand…

:wink:

1 Like

Ok think I understand, basically you’re saying try to buy from a reputable dealer and not from a company I’ve never heard of throwing PC’s together.

1 Like

That’s precisely right yes!

:100:

2 Likes

It doesnt need to be a name brand (you will definitely pay a markup for those), but yes you definitely want to make sure the company building it is reputable.

I think fan noise would be the least of my concerns, though. The much bigger concern would be if they were trying to use cheap components or skimp on things (such as not supplying a good enough power supply for a higher specced machine). In such cases you end up with instability that can be hard to diagnose because it might only cause issues under heavy pressure on the system.

If a noisy fan is the issue there’s plenty you can do to fix that - they are cheap and easy to replace with better ones in the worst case scenario.

1 Like

Next thing you’ll be itching to upgrade will be the accessories… Noise cancelling headphones are great. :+1: