Want to move to PC, would this be good

Pre-built computers can seem cheap because they cut every corner they possibly can, often at the expense of performance and quality. I would try your local PC shop first, they will often get you a good deal and will get you the best bang for your buck.

Yes the second one I’ve linked after looking into it does seem cheap, and one thing that worries me is if the graphics cards have been used that means a possibility they could have been mining bitcoin which I hear is bad for the life of the card.

The 2nd one is same price as the 1st, both are £499 should I avoid at that price or does it seem ok, anyone know?

Here is £499 with 3050

ADMI Gaming PC • AMD Ryzen 5 5500 • Nvidia RTX 3050 6GB DDR6 • 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 • 1TB NVME SSD • 500W PSU Bronze Rated • X= Black Mesh RGB Gaming PC Case • WiFi • Windows 11

A very quick attempt to build an equivalent PC on PCPartPicker shows I can do so for a little bit under this price, albeit I picked mostly items on the cheaper end (e.g. cheaper SSD instead of the more well known ones like a samsung drive).

That said, I’m not familiar with the brand, so I can’t tell you much about the quality of the parts inside. You’d likely have to go on user reviews.

1 Like

most people with low graphics in OW, might be something for you to consider

1 Like

You know with that I am going to go ahead and purchase, it’s brand and manufacturer is ADMI, it has sold 6000+ and doesn’t say refurbished so guessing it’s new and there is a 30 day return policy for any reason at all.

ADMI Ltd are an online retailer of computer hardware and creator of custom PC’s for gaming. Established in 2006 and operating from our main office and showroom premises in Stoke-on-Trent, the AWD-IT team draw from over 50 years collective experience within the IT and retail industries.

Anything better than a GTX 970 and an Intel i5 will let you run Overwatch. I can run Overwatch with these specs and no SSD, so do with that information what you will.

1 Like

if u get a Radeon video card, make sure to upgrade the cooling for the card. I have had numerous crashes because of overheating. 45C or less seems like the ideal operating temp for AMD cards.

1 Like

Delivery tomorrow and I’m super grateful for your advice, others too but can’t reply to everyone so thanks all.

Buzzing!!!

2 Likes

GLHF :heart:

1 Like

Ty, my last PC had 500mb ram way back in 2006 so this is going to be like stepping into the future even if it’s maybe classed as entry level nowadays.

i think you will need a dedicated gpu even if it’s an older one

integrated graphics will not run the game at a playable level. i don’t even think it could run 1080p

I’m concerned about the wattage of the PSU. Do you have a full list of specs available including what the mobo is? You could also try plugging in the information into pcpartpicker to see if you could end up with a cheaper build for the same items. Or a much better build for approximately the same price.

Also a tip, if you’re dead set on getting an AMD CPU, which would be the right choice currently due to performance/price differential between AMD and Intel rn (Intel has had problems recently and is more expensive). Please note that the STOCK COOLER for AMD is trash and you should probably invest in a separate one to save yourself the headache.

If you by any chance plan on building your own (which is really easy btw, lots of guides online), buy yourself a small tube of Arctic Silver 5 for putting the small pea between your CPU and the heatsink.

Disregard I didn’t see that you had purchased it. But, please do yourself a favor and buy a separate cooler and some Arctic Silver 5. I am still concerned with the PSU power level in the build that you’re ordering so please run it through pcpartpicker to potentially save yourself a headache later down the line.

1 Like

Actually have no idea but didn’t get one in OP, decided to go with this instead.

ADMI Gaming PC • AMD Ryzen 5 5500 • Nvidia RTX 3050 6GB DDR6 • 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 • 1TB NVME SSD • 500W PSU Bronze Rated • X= Black Mesh RGB Gaming PC Case • WiFi • Windows 11

Thankfully I asked here first.

The company says it is fully spec for 1080p gaming.

Ye read above, I amended my post. Never heard of ADMI and I never really encourage the purchase of pre-builts because you can usually build a better computer yourself. But for a first gaming pc while you make more money to upgrade it should be fine. Just included some tips to save yourself a headache. :slight_smile: Enjoy!!

1 Like

Ok thanks, they seem like a very legitimate company and have sold 6000 of that model with rating between 4 and 5 stars with 30 day return policy for any reason at all so thought why not, most of my time will be spent emulating N64 and Dreamcast hopefully it’s perfect for that.

1 Like

you want a dedicared GPU like a gtx 1660 or rtx 3050 or 3060 or one of the radeon cards that would be better than onboard stuff

1 Like

I updated the OP, went for a different one that has a 3050.

Id see if you could get a cheap Rx 6600 to isntall in it at least. I would not game on an integrated GPU unless I had no other options.

seriously OP, the RX 6600 is the best bang for the buck at 1080p gaming.

Awesome - welcome to PC gaming :slight_smile:

1 Like