Want Smurfs Out Of Your Games Community?

What is an M80? Isn’t that a firework?

Anyways. By definition, all smurfs should be banned from the game, and reporting them for game play sabotage and cheating is perfectly acceptable.

If you are wrong Blizzard (apparently) just discard your report and false reporting isn’t really a thing. Unless done on an industrial scale, but that requires a bot to do. Or for you to be inactive in game…

Because a smurf is actively looking to play where they don’t belong.

An alt account is just someone playing the same, trying the same and everyone is happy with that.

You clearly don’t play on console.

No, not everyone is happy with that.

A high tier player on a low tier account has an unfair advantage over players in those lower tiers because they don’t have the same level of game experience as the high tier player does. Smurf/alt/whatever you want to call it, their impact on the game is the same.

M80 is short for matey. Doesn’t really matter, just a meme, really.

Smurfing isn’t cheating. You haven’t contended with anything I’ve said regarding that.

Let’s simplify this, because this isn’t going anywhere. What is it that you consider a smurf? What behavior is it that stands out as egregious to you? Winning too easily or throwing? If you were in a game with a low level player and that player performed extremely well, would you immediately report them?

Carrying and throwing are two completely different issues. If your issue is that they’re at a lower rating than they should be because they threw matches, then contend with the tool they use to stay at a low rating: throwing matches. Throwing matches is against the rules. If there was an algorithm that could detect throwing with 100% accuracy, and banned every player who ever threw a match, would you be satisfied? Or would you STILL complain when a low level account pops off?

It’s either that you’re upset with alt accounts, or that you’re upset with throwing. Throwing is already bannable, but being good at the game isn’t.

False. I’d argue that MOST of the complaints about smurfing are actually about alt accounts that aren’t even playing outside of their correct SR range. People are bad at identifying smurfs.

2 Likes

You obviously don’t play on console either.

1 Like

What does that have to do with anything?

1 Like

I’m confused. High ELO players do not make it an IT game, fun makes it an IT game. As do Pros. So no, high ELO players who are lesser than pros will NOT make it less fun because pros will exist and the league will exist. Most of the playerbase in this game is gold/plat-ish. So why in the world would it die if the top tier players who have to smurf to even get a game leave? Makes zero sense. In addition high ELO players won’t spend a dime on boxes because they are too good to even bother and play so much that they can grind boxes easy. Worse players don’t have that luxury.

Because smurfs on consoles are incredibly easy to spot and there’s so many of them given it’s free to make new accounts on consoles.

1 Like

How do you differentiate between smurfs and good players on new accounts?

i said id be back with my findings from my alt so here i am. dps queues are still a joke in plat so i didnt bother but support and tank are in,

Support
2925 (placed)
3250 thrower
3190 thrower
3137 close game but rein hard threw last fight by charging off point like the bot most diamond reins are.
3109 5 leavers
3158 Orisa didn’t have w bound.

Tank
Won 4 out of 5 and placed 2595. I genuinely don’t understand how placements are still so in accurate.

long story short, it took 2 games to get out of plat as support and 8 as tank. what does that mean? its hard for a smurf to smurf without throwing. the issue is throwing, not people playing the game.

1 Like

high elo players are more likely to stream. no one wants to watch plat gameplay.
streaming leads to more game sales witch in turn means more potentially more people in the ladder.

1 Like