Want Smurfs Out Of Your Games Community?

report them for ab chat

it will actually get them suspended/perma-banned if you do it enough

so keep fighting the good fight

and report the smurf for abusive chat

have a great day
report a smurf today!

8 Likes

great starting witch hunts and using false reporting as a weapon

you must be proud of yourself

12 Likes

majority of smurf/alt/greif accounts do this already

literally using the only tool the developers have given the community to
“weed out” those deemed un-desirable

12 Likes

they do it so me doing it is ok is a really bad reason to do something

all you achieve is lower the standards for everyone faster.

4 Likes

LOL that is literally this community in a nutshell
well done

3 Likes

well then be the better person and don’t be part of it?

that’s the only way you make things better

4 Likes

is to get the developer to actually take some accountability that their own community does not know how to play the game 3 years later ?

and it’s literally just filled with sr manipulators. greifers. trolls. and wintraders ?

8 Likes

you can’t change others and the devs can’t either, so be the best person you could be and move on with your life

3 Likes

This is no different than advocating using aimbots to beat smurfs or smurfing to beat smurfs or whatever. Why bother? Make a thread complaining about smurfs, don’t make threads encouraging others to break the rules and abuse in-game systems. As it stands, smurfing isn’t even a reportable offense anyways. If you want it to be a reportable offense, then make a thread about that. This is just stupid.

2 Likes

Yeah I just took an abusive chat warning for typing ‘gg soft’, which is rare you know, because everything they ship me at 550sr is very much not unhard. Not a smurf either btw.

1 Like

2 accounts of mine have been perma -banned due to this: One of them started with the beta.
Report them for AB-chat: Today and get them banned for good. Have no remorse to report somebody innocent: nobody cares, it is the internet baby.

1 Like

This is not the case.
SMURFING is a reportable offense.

Smurfing is throwing games / not trying to win, so that you can stay in a low elo and continue to seal-club.

What you are thinking of is having an Alt.

As an example: I have an account that is in Diamond on Tank, however- I’m a 3.9k - 4k Tank on my Main. Playing on the Diamond account is not smurfing so long as I am trying to win.

However, if I throw games to try and stay Diamond on that account- then I’m smurfing, even if I tryhard later to seal-club for fun.

2 Likes

To the people saying Smurfing is not a reportable offense: That’s not true, everything in OW is a reportable offense by design. The ban system is automated for that. The only way for something to not be a reportable offense is if someone reviews the reports and removes those that don’t break any rules.

1 Like

unpopular opinion: if we ban smurfs (high elo players playing on alts to get lower elo games), high elo players will stop playing overwatch. THAT will eventually kill the game.

i don’t think smurfing necessarily means throwing games. none of the streamers I watch are throwing when they play on what they call their smurfs, which usually are at least 300-400 SR (if not more) below their actual rank.

Dude, if you can’t compete against players that are better than you, that’s your fault.

Htf do you know what a smurf is? Maybe someone is popping off? Maybe Dad is playing on his kid’s account? Maybe your team is ineffective at countering the other team that is totally dominating? All are totally legit. If you lack this small bit of common sense, I’m certain you lack basic game sense as well.

You’re needlessly cluttering up the reporting queue / process with garbage complaints. Stop it. Stop it now.

1 Like

In that case, you’re not reporting for smurfing though, you’re reporting for throwing. The act of “smurfing” isn’t reportable. The act of throwing, to maintain a rank lower than you ought to be at, is. But if someone dominates you from the other team and hard carries, you can’t report for that. You can’t report people for being good at the game.

2 Likes

no one is a smurf #you’re all just noobs

Lmao do YOU know what a smurf is? Yeah someone could be popping off, consistently over the course of the entire game or making incredibly insane plays the entire time? Probably a smurf. If you are intentionally playing far lower than your elo, you are smurfing. It doesn’t matter if someone is bad at game sense, they’re supposed to be playing with 11 other people with the same bad game sense. If it was supposed to be fair, then why would blizzard try to make the most balanced games (connection, SR, role) from the start?

Reporting someone for gameplay sabotage is a catch-all. If they’re ruining your experience because they’re clearly not within their SR range, that’s smurfing, and that’s sabotaging 6 people’s gameplay. You should 100% report these people 100% of the time. If they’re just popping off for a game, or even a night, you really think they’re going to collect enough reports to get banned? No. Not even close.

1 Like

There’s no need to falsely report them for abusive chat.

All you need to is report them for cheating, because per the game’s definition of same (specifically “unfair advantage”) that’s what smurfing is.

1 Like