Waiting on another update-bug?

I keep getting the tagline text in my download bar which just seems to loop anyone know how to fix it ?
this is followed by hovering and seeing “installing required files” but it never finishes doing so

1 Like

Hey, FACELFULACE! This message usually appears when there’s another game or the Blizzard Application is updating. The Blizzard Application updates should be in the top left corner, if you see a progress bar there.

Before any steps here, check that your harddrives (storage space) has enough free space to download and update our games. If there’s plenty of space, then this shouldn’t be the issue.

If there’s no game or Blizzard App updating, but the “waiting on another update” happens, this is usually caused by corrupted files, let’s try these steps:

1. Uninstall the application
  2. Press Windows key + R and type in %temp%
  3. Delete anything related to Blizzard or Battle.net
  4. Do the same for %programdata%, %localappdata%, %appdata%
  5. Reinstall the application

If none of the updates are currently updating and it looks stuck for a long while, it could suggest a firewall or security application blocking the update. Here’s a few steps to troubleshoot this.

Hopefully, this helps!

The easier way is to simply restart your computer and reopen Battlenet. I found that once I did the updates were already on and now the “Play” option was there and I could enter the game.

My brother, he is ded. Let him rest in peace :frowning: