Wait... If lootboxes and more are going away August 30

What is going on during September?

In coming ())?$+&? Event?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Why would they be going away before October 4th?

I don’t know.

Just reading patch notes.’

Patch Notes (playoverwatch.com)

“Loot Boxes will no longer be available for sale after the end of the Anniversary Remix Vol. 3 event.”

“Play Anniversary Remix: Vol 3 now through August 30.”

1 Like

“However, you will still be able to earn standard loot boxes after the end of the event.”

Huh, so not being able to buy lootboxes, but earn them, weird

1 Like

They are saying you can’t buy lootboxes with real money after Aug 30th.

But you can still earn them in-game.

Earn and purchase Anniversary Loot Boxes throughout the event! Each Loot Box has a chance to contain items from past Anniversary and seasonal events; don’t wait too long to snag those skins you’ve been eyeing for the past year, though–Loot Boxes will no longer be available for sale after the end of the Anniversary Remix Vol. 3 event. However, you will still be able to earn standard loot boxes after the end of the event.

1 Like

… :thinking:

Is it related to Microsoft then…

I recall them will gain ownership soon.

They are just waiting for the green light from the FTC, and the FTC did a “30 day sequence to request evidence, and then pass judgement” three weeks ago.

So I guess politics are involved.

Masterchief Soldier 76 incoming

If that goes through, I have slight hopes for a battle pass that doesn’t expire

What’s nice is that playstation is basically building their own game pass.

So it becomes a lot harder to argue that Microsoft wouldn’t have competitors.

Well, Microsoft is buying Overwatch.

And Halo Infinite’s paid battlepass does not expire at the end of the season.

More female/POC characters?

No just for the people who are living under the stone that they dont come and complain that they bought 100 loot boxes and they did not know that OW2 comes around and you can buy new skins directly.

We will have more details coming soon, but basically, we will be stopping the sale of Loot Boxes from all of our platforms at the end of this seasonal event. Once this event is over, you can still earn standard loot boxes by playing the game until we launch Overwatch 2 on October 4th.

20 Likes

Might be too much to ask but, are skins going to be unvaulted for ow2? Like prior challenge skins, event skins etc

1 Like

Please let this not be another “Dry Content August”

So hoping on those More Details now.

1 Like

I wonder if that means you might be sorting out cross-progression stuff before Oct. 4th.

Since I’m sure that won’t be 100% seamless without issues.

1 Like

Hi Craig please could you tell us if mouse and keyboard support is on the horizon for console players?

Especially since it seems like that’s already a thing for Xbox, but limited only to crossplay with PC teammates.

You’d think it would be easy to just allow it generally, but have it force those console users into the PC queue.

Which is what a lot of other games do, I.e. Fortnite and Halo MCC.