Wait... If lootboxes and more are going away August 30

Yeah already wondering if Bans are gonna be included in cross progression.

Which I am prepared for just in case.

Almost makes you wonder if they are gonna prop up the popularity of OW1 by having OW1 go F2P on September 1st.

To help it carry-on for a bit longer until October 4th. And to just kinda warm up the hype machine.

1 Like

I think its very good

They are going to launch bone dry if they don’t

Yeah, feels like driving a car with barely any gasoline left in the tank, and just trying to barely make it to the gas station.

But if they had a spare few gallons to work with. Like a friend arriving with a gas tank. That’d make all the difference.

1 Like

Please hearing a lot of competition coming out with stuff around the last week of August.

They need to be loud or they will just be back ground noise.

But then how would those users ever leave Gold?

1 Like

Heh, well I think they gotta be more worried about this.

Which I’m not sure if it’s Overwatch trying to crush Gundam, or Gundam trying to ride the Overwatch hype wave with a competitor product.

Since they are bound to get a ton of free journalism comparing the two, if that’s their approach.

Honestly concerned about Blizz market team

1 Like

Same, the last 2 betas were mostly good from a technical perspective. But their timing and expectations setting was pretty clunky.

Heck, that Brig Skin event was a good idea, but it wasn’t until weeks later that we even figured out that the skin had Starcraft style custom sounds to it.

Much less that you had to go to the forums to find that they will include other streamers later. Maybe.

And just the whole transaction process would have been a lot smoother if it was giving your credit card info to Blizzard, instead of giving it to Twitch.

Or marketing the watching Watchpoint Pack, when we didn’t even know what sort of thing you could get with the currency.

Or they market the game really really well, but then it chokes from bad queue times, because the players they are marketing to come from FPS games, and like 90% of them wanna play DPS.

Also Supports are gonna probably need “10% more than they should have”, and then scale it back a bit in a week or two. Since I dunno what devs were thinking by making GAJump go shorter distances/heights with normal play them SuperJump/Slingshot. Like playing Support in OW2 shouldn’t feel like a downgrade for their powerlevel.

2 Likes

Gundam might be a good game but blizz has the IP, cinematics and a bunch of other stuff. Its very likely that they kill gundam with this. Especially just 1 day after OW2 release.

Let us see what the doomers think of this! /s

No thank you but I really belive that Gundam will have a hard time just like Paladins had back then.

They’re probably stopping the sales early so nobody buys like 50 the day before OW2 comes out and then complains they got deleted

2 Likes

Bro, WHO THE HELL IS GUN EVO?

Overwatch clone with Robots.

But it seems like it’s not just a bandwagon half-effort knockoff.

Kinda something more like how MultiVersus is it’s own thing compared to SmashBros, but still very compelling to the same audience.

1 Like

I can already see the office “their the same picture meme” with OW1 and OW2

That might be one of the worst game trailers I have seen in a bit. There was one clip where I went “oh hey that is cool” but the rest felt like watching slow Halo from a gameplay perspective which is kind of a problem. Then add in that the visuals themselves are just very boring and this game seems like it will flop fairly quickly.

You won’t be able to purchase them. You will still be able to earn them

Except they aren’t. Healthpools are closer to the equivalent of everybody having roughly 400-500hp. Everybody does good damage. Everybody has a dash ability similar to Titanfall dashes. Everybody can do an Apex style revive.

And generally, they are skipping past the queue times and onetricks issue by making it so that your character choice isn’t that important to the outcome of the match, outside of very high ELO.

1 Like

Please give insight as to why remix1 and 2 had their respective competitive modes but competitive lucioball is absent from remix3.

aint nobody gonna play this game
The reputation of blizzard alone will bring more people back than any other new game and even though it’s fast fps not everyone likes robots.