VIP-Queue should cost 5 VIP-Tickets instead of 1!

People wouldn’t bother to flex for them then… and the reason they are there would be lost.

Because it IS working.

Really?

They added the Priority tickets a couple months or so ago. Which is what they are referring to here. The OP mistakenly called them VIP tickets. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep Priqueue tickets.

Oh, Priority Pass. The PP line. He should have just said PP.

1 Like

Probably because they realized that they can’t fix a Tank and Support player shortage by implementing a major change that is rather unpopular among Tank and Support players :wink:

And that “unpopular” thing comes from a small experimental value tweak (and without specific quantifiable data such as a survey). Which is obviously immutable feedback too :wink:

Also:

Look at all that HATE.

I and many others have played enough games as Solo Tank pre Role Q to know what would be coming for us.

There are a lot of issues with 1/3/2 that even major reworks for basically the entire Tank roster aren’t able to fix and with the record of how past hero reworks turned out I wouldn’t be too optimistic about the player acceptance of those reworked heroes.

Though the biggest issue for me and many of my friends is, that 1/3/2 makes it literally impossible to Duo Q as Tanks.

I am pretty sure that the devs reviewed the feedback very carefully and according to Jeff 1/3/2 wasn’t received that well.

If there would have been enough positive feedback to back up the implementation of it, we would be playing 1/3/2 right now :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Comparing 1-3-2 to solo tanking just tells me enough.

PS: 1-3-2 requires a deep rework of all tanks, unlike role queue which was low key what the game was intended to be generally speaking.

I have you the dev insights,so maybe just place the quote where “Jeff said” if possible :man_shrugging:

you waited 5 mins to get dps with to tanks and healers. I say waiting 5mins is much more pleasant than 10 mins and it is definitely much more pleasant going into a game 3 mins with no heals and tanks possibility (OQ)

Maybe you should have read the post?

So where is my 2nd Tank in 1/3/2? :woman_shrugging:

If you really think that it is unreasonable to translate previous 1/3/2 experiences to a theoretical 1/3/2 mode, then we won’t find a common ground.

Literally there’s probably a few key things where they were able to get feedback.

1. they said when they played it internally, a good chunk of the team didn’t like it because of how much stress it gave them to play tank, with a small minority that said they enjoyed it because of the added pressure.

2. they said that internally, there’d be no room for tanks like Roadhog / Zarya/ Dva as we know them now. Nevermind tanks like Winston or ball, who are technically main tanks, but have their own issues with competing with then tanks like Reinhardt and Orisa. Road/Zarya/D.va/ball/monkey would all need significant adjustments if not entire reworks to make the playing field more even. That wouldn’t be fun for the majority of the tank playerbase on top of the fact it’s already deeply unpopular in the tank playerbase, both in and out of the devs circles. This would also have the unwanted side effect of making the tank class more “same-y”.

3. It wasn’t just tank players that didn’t like it. Support players also had complicated thoughts on the mode, including the fact that their own kits would need significant alteration to function without as much peel in the game.

4. Many people said it no longer felt like OW at all. it felt more like Deathmatch- and some people said this as a positive. Not exactly something the devs are going for, seeing as they originally said they’d never want something like deathmatch bc it was antithetical to the game itself.

In short, yeah, if itd been popular enough it’d be what we were playing. It wasn’t popular bc it wasn’t good. it solved the problem, to create 100 more in it’s place.

1 Like

They said those things without releasing any statistics to actually back it up though.

I’m really skeptical that they didn’t just release that 1-3-2 experimental patch to just try to appease people knowing they’d never actually try it out in competitive.

From what I saw in game and on the forums, a ton of people were excited about the potential of it, then Blizzard just basically said, “Yeah, we told you it wouldn’t work” with zero follow up.

Pretty half hearted experiment in my opinion.

And? It was to show what was going on internally. Showing their thought process with what they’re trying, on top of just balancing heroes. IDK. It was an experiment, and sometimes experiments fail lol.

I know of my group, most people agreed that it sucked for anyone who wasn’t a dps, and even when you were a dps, it didn’t feel like OW.

I’m contending it didn’t fail, it wasn’t even given a chance to succeed. A true experiment would’ve gone through multiple iterations on experimental with measured data to see how people actually felt about it. What we got was a complete gimmick.

…nah.

There have been no cases of putting something on the experimental card more than once. It’s just a way of showing off stuff they’re doing internally and getting our feedback on. It stunk, and I don’t think it’s worth wasting the resources of changing the entire tank cast, and much of the support class to make it work, because even if it did work, it wasn’t ow anymore.

The game not only allowed you to make any composition you wanted, but originally let you stack multiple of the same hero.

The hero stacking became a blatant problem very quickly, but saying the game was “intended” to be 2-2-2 is pretty far fetched.

2-2-2 is more about failure to balance the game than any original intent.

Which proves my point it wasn’t a legit experiment, it’s just a glorified PTR that they can put on consoles then push to live without needing a full patch update. Feedback really does not matter.

Obviously your opinion, yet we got nothing to actually back that up besides a couple one liners after a piss poor attempt to “try it out”.

This is the gist of what was taken away from that experimental card. Just look at how long it’s taken to balance Sigma and Brig and then apply that to all the tank heroes and extensive tweaks to most supports and DPS. It’s unfathomable, especially so in a highly competitive game with it’s own professional league.

1 Like

I think that it would have gotten a CRAZY amount of hate the moment they got around to balancing the DPS for it.

They would have to balance flankers for 3 flanker comps, snipers for 3 sniper comps, and tank busters would have been basically taken out the back and shot.

There wouldn’t be much left of the DPS lineup.

2 Likes

High five me bro pls

1 Like

We’ll never know, will we?

:thinking: :man_shrugging:

My attitude and frustration on this extends much further than the BS “1-3-2” experiment and at the overall cloak and dagger OW development team since about year 2 of OW with next to zero communication, if I’m being fair.