Very Nice MMR Blizzard

Oh wow… 4 matches in a row now where my team has a total of 5… yes 5 kills. Me with 3 of them. AND the other team with their lowest with 4 kills. BUT their actual dps/tanks had 10-18 kills for each. Sensational mmr!!!

Oh and yes my team is a total of 5 kills and the total kills on the other team were 35-40+

No wonder why Valorant and CS always tops fps.

3 Likes

As I’ve said elsewhere. Not sure this has anything to do with MMR. Just sounds like you’ve had some bad games.

Sorry but if the game says these players are the same rank as them then yes MMR is broken.

Creating matches that are 100% balanced is impossible. That’s what the rank modifiers are supposed to correct.

Issue is you get matches where you stomp or get stomped, and the game goes “This is OK” and doesn’t tag it as abnormal.

7 Likes

Maybe, and hear me out on this… But maybe it’s because that is ok, and not related to MMR or match making.

Out of interest, how should it “tag” it?

The game has been out a while now. They must have a way to “review” stomps. Meaning one team had overpowered another. Cant believe they don’t have anyone to review an uneven games.

1 Like

Stomps should be tagged Uphill Battle or Consolation. The fact the game can create a match that is this lopsided and not know this is why MMR is broken.

This is because the game thinks it knows you better than a true ELO does. It holds you down if you’ve been playing for years as it “Knows” your MMR". Of course, a brand-new account using the same player has been shown to be ranked multiple ranks or divisions higher also highlights how broken MMR is.

3 Likes

The secret is they don’t want you to rank up. They want you to have the “Fun” of stomping, so you don’t get bored. Of course, your turn is next afterwards.

4 Likes

Nah I’ve played like 30 games between the last two days, every game is like this. One team is always just getting obliterated.

1 Like

Agreed its the worst its ever been im losing it here.

1 Like

i replied to you the other day of why, in IMO, the MM fails, but you ignored it for some reason.

(https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/pointless-ranking-system/895305/21)

im willing to put money on this being another Roku account cause everyone blocks his when then find out

The MMR system is actually so bad, they try to make is so complicated and indepth but thats not how it should be.

If I am going 40 eliminations and 3 death why tf am I only getting 19% on up hill battle?

Why is there so many smurfs? the system used to rank them up so quick but now no one gets rewarded anything for playing well.

4 Likes

Screen shot of your last 10 games??

Your in game stats aren’t relevant to your MMR or the modifiers.

Smurfs don’t stop you climbing, and personal match performance isn’t a factor game by game. The better you play, just means you’re more likely to win.

I feel the OP.

I’m on 10 losestreak since 2 days. First day of season 10, I had a winstreak.

The games feel just random. “Some bad games” shouldn’t be a thing in a game where your winrate is only what matters for MMR cause its just saying people are in lower ranks because of bad luck…

imagine needing luck to get good at a “competitive” game.

3 Likes

We all do. Loss streaks suck.

They aren’t going to be because of MMR or match making though.

Well, I feel matchmaking has something to do with streaks. Either it tries to stop it or it will try to encourage them.

During a losestreak, winrate decreases, fast (I mean, I"ve gone from 70% to 30% in 3 days lol), so my MMR changed a lot. And yet, I’m still locked into a streak.

Either the MMR doesn’t change fast enough and still thinks I’m 2 ranks above, either the MMR thinks its fair and fun to let people into losestreaks. Or its both cause I’d rather being put into bronze 5 instead of suffering endless losestreaks because of “bad luck”.

The real problem with this, is you can’t tell whats wrong with your gameplay. You can have the best stats of the match and still lose.

It does suck yeah. And if we all do feel like that, it means maybe game devs could do something about that.

1 Like

You can feel that.

But, the match maker doesn’t have access to see your past results or anything like that. Just your MMR number, if you’re stacked, and the appropriate servers.

I’d doesn’t have the information to be able to do anything about any streak.

In reality, streaks are down to the actions of you and the 9 others in the lobby. Which is why they suck.

I hope it looks at “short range winrate” like winrate for your 10 last games otherwise, as I’ve done more than 1000 games since 2016 ; my MMR couldn’t move anymore and then I shall just create a new account. :confused:

1 Like