Very Low FPS during Hero Select and randomly throughout the match ever since Ashe update

Can confirm that the patch update today didn’t help my problems. I’d wager that it has even gotten worse since the patch.

2 Likes

Latest patch didn’t help for me, either.

It didn’t do anything at all for me, either. Really hopes this gets fixed soon, especially with that free-to-play week coming up, otherwise we can’t really touch the game anymore :confused:

The last patch also didn’t solve anything here. I tried the game just now and I think I noticed the “mouse problem” too, when I was playing Brigette on Mistery Heroes the character turned 180° twice by itself during the match.

Since 1.30.0.1, every time someone changes a Hero, my FPS drops significantly. This must be a memory streaming issue. Mystery Heroes is almost unplayable for me now, and other modes can be frustrating when I’m doing well and then suddenly lose track of where I am because someone on my team switched heroes.

1 Like

This has actually been an issue in the game for a long time now and occurs on both Brigitte and Reinhardt. Apparently this has been a bug for nearly 2-3 years now and blizzard hasn’t mentioned anything about fixing it, but it’s shouldn’t be related to fps issues we have been seeing in the latest patch.

Same. I logged in today to play a few rounds after about 2 weeks and my FPS are locked at 60 for no reason at all. I consistently was at 180-200 FPS and now they are reduced for about 50%??? What the hell is going on?

Same, since the last update I keep getting under 10 FPS so I literally can´t play

3 Likes

I went from 60-40 to 30-20 fps, this isn’t new tho. Every patch my game seems to be worse.

1 Like

Based on what I have read and heard until now, it may be possible that blizzard increased network traffic to their rented servers (overload or created a bottleneck), or somehow altered the data being sent resulting in a lot of event mispredictions between servers and players.

2 Likes

Hopefully there’s a fix for it soon with the live maintenance coming up!

It seemed tolerable on QP today with the FPS drops happening mainly in spawn and hero select, I noticed. There were some occasional dips during the matches themselves, but they stopped. But Mystery Heroes on the other hand is still really bad and unplayable.

yeah im randomly getting 20-10 fps

2 Likes

I’m having similar issues as well. Granted, I play on a sh*t laptop with a fairly constant FPS of 30-40, but since the patch its now almost always 5-15 FPS. It feel different than lag too, its more like sputtering and freezing, not the slow down that happens with lag. That and my graphics seem even worse than before. In addition, the weirdest thing is my keyboard doesn’t work until the match begins, during the countdown my mouse controls work like normal but nothing from my keyboard at the countdown of every match. I can only play 1-2 games a day now because I get so frustrated with it.

2 Likes

Hey! I hope that this has all gotten sorted out by now, but in case it hasn’t, there are a couple things that you could try. One doesn’t involve any re-downloads or uninstalls on your computer but it is incredibly inconvenient- I used to have this same problem every time someone switched heroes or used an ability, and what I did to solve it was go into the practice range and (no joke) literally go through every hero and use their abilities until the game was “used” to it and I was at my normal FPS.

The other solution, which is a little risky if done wrong but seemed to completely fix the problem for me (and it’s not nearly as inconvenient as the other way) is to reset your computer. If you’re on Windows 10 then you can set it up so that the reset uninstalls all of your extra applications that were downloaded manually, but saves all of your personal files. This was fine for me since I owned Overwatch, Destiny 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic and no other apps, but if you have a surplus of apps that you don’t want to have to re-download then I can see why you’d be reluctant to try this.

One last, tiny possibility that I doubt would work would be to delete/uninstall a lot of unneeded files or applications, to clean up your computer a little. I’m not sure if this would work, but it’s a possibility.

In case this hasn’t been fixed yet I hope I was able to help!

1 Like

I played the game yesterday after “fixing the installation” for the second time to see if this time solved anything, but the problem persists.

But I have noticed that Overwatch is loading very fast lately, before it took a while to load everything on the main menu, but yesterday it took only seconds, I wonder if the problem is that something is not loading or was removed in the update…or maybe the thing that is supposed to make the game faster is the cause of the fps drop? I just want to play competitive again :frowning:

1 Like

literally the same, I use a not good pc, before I had to wait for my loading screen to freeze then dc before I could login and enter the game after boot, now I get to the menu straight away like everyone else but the huge lag during matches are now here. It’s not worth it, blizzard go backkkk

4 Likes

I have the same problem. It all started after the free days of overwatch. FPS just drops from 45 to 20 is not clear because of what. And most importantly, I have not changed anything in my system. I have the same ping, the same temperature, the same graphics settings, the same drivers, the same Internet connection as it was then.

1 Like

This. Exactly this. They changed the way the game loads when they introduced Ashe and it completely ruined my ability to play. The freezing when the game first started was annoying, but I’d take that over having 3fps throughout every match any day.

1 Like

someone switch hero = insta -15 fps for 4 seconds = sadness and sorrow

i have the same issue, something changed when ashe was introduced, when you lauched the game the game would take a while to load but after that it would run fine but now under 10 fps during matches makes the game unplayable

2 Likes